The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can I be good without Urban Evasion

I'd love to replace it but as a rank 6 survivor idk if I can do it. Anyone else a high rank without using it. Tips would be appreciated 

Comments

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Hum, if you like it, use it,whatever, but it creates bad habits and as a killer it's boring to face Immersed urban evading survivors.
    I also can't give tips without knowing how you play and what your build is, if you use urban evasion i'm guessing you try your hardest to not get into a chase ? Then there isn't really any other good perks to complement that playstyle, maybe the new Jeff perk that hide your Aura but other than that...i really can't help much.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

try using urban ONLY to evade a killer, and not just "to be hard to see from a distance." It has actual good uses a lot of the time, but if you constantly hold crouch simply because you have no reason not to, then it'll make dropping it that much harder.

Iron Will is a similarly great stealth perk, and helps with multiple killer's abilities.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    You can play high ranks without any perks if you have the knowledge and the skill. No perk is completely mandatory, some are just more helpful and harder to put down than others.

Pick locations that you hide carefully. Doing a gen? Have a plan for where you will hide when the kill comes, don't rely on your speed. Premonition is extremely helpful if you don't have UE, it gives you extra warning for when the killer is coming and tells you which direction. Use that info to hide in the right spot. Urban gives a lot of confidence and makes it easy to hide anywhere. It generally makes up for any bad hiding spot decisions and it takes adjustment to lose it. Previously 'safe' spots are no longer that safe.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yes. It's a crutch perk.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I think last time i used Urban Evasion was in 2016, so yeah.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

You can but it's your choice.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Vietfox said:

Wasn't that back when it was #########?

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Poweas said:

@Vietfox said:

Wasn't that back when it was #########?

Yeah
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You can play Survivor without any perks at any rank.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

If anything Urban Evasion is overrated.

• Mango_Fett
    Mango_Fett Member Posts: 12

Urban was a part of my build for a long time and I dropped it recently, it's a decent perk but a bit overrated in my opinion. Personally I'd say that Iron Will is a better stealth perk (especially after the Spirit's release), but if you think you don't think you need it then you might as well try other perks because you might find a better build.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    If anything Urban Evasion is overrated.

I agree. And I use it 100% of the time.

:(

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    I love urban but it’s not 100% necessary. It just makes you hate sneaking when you don’t have it. I honestly think it should be built in and then reworked as a perk. I also think self care should be built in and changed as a perk. I think people would see a lot of different builds if they were. People always bring either of those 2 anyways 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

It took me awhile to wean myself of it since i'm a very stealthy player and occasionally I'll equip it for very specific builds. But yes you can without it at rank 1 and I've not even touched SB in about 6 months or more long before the nerf hit.