If "The Walking Dead" came to DBD, which would you prefer it to be based on?

Options
D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 354

#1 The Walking Dead show by AMC.

A more mainstream version of the franchise. Although, after seasons 7 and 8, many people stopped watching it after the inhumane death of a beloved character, despite his death also occurring in the comics (Steven Yeun was the goat). Although that was only one of the many reasons the show started to lose its quality and gain lesser viewers. Although it is a suitable option if they're somehow unable to obtain the rights of the comics or the game. You got characters like Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Carol, Morgan and Negan, along with others. Most of them you'll see in the comics, except Daryl, his brother and Beth Green, because THOSE are TV show exclusives, so you won't see them in the comics. (In case you don't know.)

Positives: We could get Daryl (a TV show exclusive), Negan (Played by Jeffery Dean Morgan) and other characters from the show.

Negatives: We wouldn't get to play as Lee or Clementine, and some fans the comics wouldn't be happy about it.

#2 Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead: The original Comics.

Based on the original comic, a completely different story than the show. While some people might prefer the show, or the game, the comics are where it all started.

Positives: We could see original adaptations of these characters come into the game, and there could be potential to see characters from the Walking Dead Telltale games come in, since they're both based in the same universe. It could make people curious to read the comics, and play the games.

Negatives: You wouldn't get to see TV show exclusives like Daryl, Beth Green, or Negan (Played by Jeffery Dean Morgan). And not every Walking Dead fan will be a comic book fan, and some might not understand the differences, although this could be the chance for them to get into it. 50/50.

#3 JUST Telltale's The Walking Dead game.

Based on the comics, taking in a completely different story outside of the comics. You play as a civil bystander who looks after a young child for the sake of her survival, and then two seasons later the girl follows his footsteps of being a caretaker of a young survivor. You have exclusive characters like Lee, Clementine, Kenny, Carly, Lilly etc.

Positives: This could attract a major majority who love the game more than show or comics, and you could see the comics somehow slip in if they manage to obtain that too. Like, "Here, take it! It's yours to borrow!" And it could make about every gamer happy, I could be wrong. The nostalgia and all that.

Negatives: Some people just might not like the game, although that wouldn't be much of a problem since a major majority loves the Walking Dead game, Lee and Clementine. Although, as said before, you wouldn't get to see Daryl or any actor from the show come in. Especially Jeffery Dean Morgan's Negan, which might I add, is killer AND killer material, alongside the Governor and Beta. But overall, I bet there might be more people that want the game than the original content.

If there was somehow a miracle where we can get the comics and the game, but somehow end up getting Daryl and Jeffery Dean Negan, I'd probably go broke from blowing my money on that. "Who wouldn't wanna play as Daryl, Lee AND Glenn...?" Anyway, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.

If "The Walking Dead" came to DBD, which would you prefer it to be based on? 11 votes

AMC's: The Walking Dead - With Daryl and "Jeffery Dean" Negan.
36%
Dhurl421Guiltiiqnyunkorbyn2024 4 votes
Robert Kirkman's: The Walking Dead comics - The original Walking Dead story, how it was supposed to be told.
0%
Telltale's: The Walking Dead game - Set in the same universe as the comics, the story of a man looking after a young girl for the sake of her survival in the Walking Dead universe.
36%
F60_31KateMain86CBT137FilthyLegionRevival 4 votes
Both the Comics AND the Game - As said before, they're both set in the same universe. Why not? Daryl won't be in it though.
27%
TatariuSmoeBarnesFlam 3 votes

Comments

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,225
    Options
    Telltale's: The Walking Dead game - Set in the same universe as the comics, the story of a man looking after a young girl for the sake of her survival in the Walking Dead universe.

I would like to see Lee, Carly and Kenny be survivors in DBD. I'd say Kate too, but maybe as a skin for Kate Denson. For the killer it could be Lilly. I watched a full playthrough of the entire game a few months ago and it just seemed to all go downhill after season 1. The first season though was incredible. Overall the Walking Dead franchise has a huge fanbase and if it ever came to DBD it would probably bring a lot of people from that fandom to the game.

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options
    Both the Comics AND the Game - As said before, they're both set in the same universe. Why not? Daryl won't be in it though.

We should get Lee, Clementine and Tekken 7's Negan doing some korean backdashes around Ormond's resort.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,448
    Options

Mostly i just want Clementine as a Survivor, but having more characters as skins are always a nice bonus.