How do you feel about the balance of Dead By Daylight?

Options
dgbug
dgbug Member Posts: 152
edited May 2023 in Polls

This vote is anonymous, as to encourage opinions to be shared freely.

Please be civil.

EDIT: When I talk about favor / bias, this does not mean that the developers have bias. I am talking about the game's balance and how you think matches are likely to play out.

How do you feel about the balance of Dead By Daylight? 57 votes

This game favors the survivor role very heavily.
14% 8 votes
This game favors the survivor role.
17% 10 votes
This game has a slight bias towards survivors.
12% 7 votes
Dead By Daylight is balanced because both sides have tools that are overtuned.
19% 11 votes
Dead By Daylight is balanced because both sides are equal in terms of power.
5% 3 votes
This game has a slight bias towards killers.
10% 6 votes
This game favors the killer role.
17% 10 votes
This game favors the killer role very heavily.
3% 2 votes

Comments

• dgbug
    Options

i think that both sides are balanced due to both sides having unbalanced BS, though.

• Spectralfx
    Spectralfx Member Posts: 605
    Options

Honestly,

With all the basekit additions to survivors toolbox (basekit endurance from hook as an example), the consistent nerfs to all gen regression killer perks over the years and overall, not addressing how efficient a swf can be at doing the gens below 6 min time...

The maps that keeps getting bigger and bigger with even more pallet/window density...

I find it hard to swallow that the game "is the most balanced it ever been" in the same breath that a content creator takes to loop a killer for 5 gens straight by doing nothing other than holding w and pressing spacebar to hit safe vaults chained together by the devs on every maps.

The hitbox on pallets feel atrocious, they can hit a killer standing three million feet away it feels (yeah stair pallet on RDP... I'm looking at you rn).

The only significant nerf survivors got that I can think of is on CoH (praise be to the lord above!)

I still see DH being used to good effect by most survivors in mid-late game like nobodies business.

Overall I am getting sick of how this game favors the survivor roles at every opportunities.

I used to play M1 killers to good effect, my favorite being Oni because working to activate his power felt gratifying...

But not anymore.

Now I play Huntress/Knight/SM and try to get a survivor to DC asap by doing all the dirty tricks in the book.

It's the one thing they can't take away from us killers, if we ain't having fun, then nobody is.

And in a way, that's what's fun to me now :)

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 266
    Options

Survivor is clearly winning if you only look at the highest skill levels, given that most tournies are decided by hooks or a point system and not kills which should be rather telling. Basically only nurse and blight can compete with how overpowered high level SWFs are, the problem is this doesn't translate to low ranks at all, like not even in the same ballpark so the typical competitive trickle down balance simply doesn't work well here.

The reality is the vast majority of killers simply cannot keep up with genrushing, potent synergy builds like flipflop/boil over/unbreakable on maps with dead zone corners, flashlight/flashbang/blast mine/head on spam builds etc. but solo survivors at low level do not employ these broken strats with anywhere near the same efficiency as high level teams.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Survivor

Largely due to SWF negating killer perks/powers as well as significantly buffing survivor perks as well.

I do also find it funny that many players have been saying that gens are going too fast and the new survivor has a perk that is also very pro gen rushing. Just goofy

• dgbug
    Options

Thank you to everyone who responded to this poll! This really gave me a bit of a better idea how some people think DBD is balanced.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

I like the poll but how do you factor SWFs in?

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Options

SWF is power role.

• fleur_
    fleur_ Member Posts: 14
    Options

I think the game has a slight bias twords survivor. not intentionally, but due to design flaws. SWF's are OP, and I've seen some atrocious connecting loops that just shouldn't be legal. If you find 4 friends to play DBD and bring 4 pink gears, 4 leaders, a shroud of binding, a macmillian offering, and 2 bloody party streamers then the match has already ended unless the killer is lucky enough to play nurse like they get paid for it and have a doctorates in her power.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited June 2023
    Options

Only reason I feel game is killer sided is hit validation. My ping is always a nice 20ms, yet I get hit and die 6 feet from the vault or even worse, I stand next to a palette, spam to drop it but nope, nothing happens, well, just me dying haha.

My controller works perfectly too. I always check my RB and it works fine, so it's not me :(

I think once hit validation is fixed, along with the game not being so killer sided once it's 3vs1, it'll be in a better place. The fact that tunneling basically just ends the game makes for short, unfulfilled games.

Edit: Also, I based my vote on solo q.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 338
    Options

If played well survivor.

survivor only seems bad with bad team mate mates when you switch to a team of decent players i don't meant really good just decent you're gonna be winning a majority of your matches.

playing with decent players vs playing with terrible team mates is like playing an entire different game the stuff you can pull off an get away with is insane when your team mates know how to play the game.

• dgbug
    Options

Understandable! I've had some good 4 man escapes as a solo queuer, but I can recognize that that's the exception and not the rule. Again, you're allowed to choose what you vote off of, and I appreciate anybody saying anything! Personally, I believe the game slightly favors survivors, due to having a lot more variety in how they can play "optimally" compared to killer. However, with killers like Blight, Nurse, and Spirit in DBD, it's hard to say that Killer will ever be "weak" objectively.