New maps have been added to the Mapping the Realm section! There is now a thread covering each map.

We greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time to share their feedback with us.

Which one is the best mangled source?

GlamourousLeviathan
GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976

I am curious about which one should I use if I feel like giving survivors the mangled effect. I think that each source has its own benefits.

1. Sloppy Butcher - Easy to apply.
  2. Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain - If survivors do heal, you get a nice 16% slowdown on them.
  3. Individual killer add-ons - Saves a perk slot, which are generally more valuable than add-on slots.

Which one is the best mangled source? 13 votes

Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain
15%
GlamourousLeviathanGuiltii 2 votes
Sloppy Butcher
61%
Mat_SellaF60_31ElcopolloSlamitieDhurl421HugTheHagCorvusCorax86wxsussy 8 votes
Killer Add-ons
23%
A_Can_Of_AirTatariuAurelle 3 votes

Comments

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 760
    Sloppy Butcher

With addons - it completely depends on a killer. Not every killer has it and not on every killer it's very viable. Plus, on vast majority of killers you either get Mangled or Hemorrhage, not both, so it wouldn't even be equal replacement. The only killers, on which taking an addon instead of a perk for this would make sense are Huntress, Artist and Wraith (because their addons apply both effects and are fairly easy to get value from).

Gift of Pain is good on paper, but it is a scourge hook perk, so it's horrendously inconsistent and on maps like Grim Pantry or Mother's Dwelling - there's a good chance you'll never get any use out of it. Like, at all. Especially if you don't bring additional perks like Agitation and Iron Grasp. It would make sense to bring over Sloppy only on a predominantly M2-killer. Or if you plan on using other Scourge Hooks (like Pain Resonance or Floods of Rage) with it anyway.

But Sloppy Butcher is the best, most consistent pick overall, I'd say. There's no random factor with it either - you get the value just from hitting people with a basic attack, that's it. And it's especially useful if you play M1 killer, because then you don't even have to think about how should you hit them - you every single hit will apply the effects.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,791
    Killer Add-ons

I'd say add-ons: a lot of killers tend to use special attacks, which do not synergize with sloppy - depending on the killer, the add-on is also way easier to apply, such as Huntress for instance

• fleur_
    fleur_ Member Posts: 14

heavily depends on the killer. playing artist? okay then an add-on would be best. maybe you fancy huntress? then again, an add-on. but you're a wraith enjoyer? then sloppy butcher. maybe you're an insidious basement Bubba? then gift of pain since you have an instant down and are most likely in basement, which is a scourge hook.