We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Subtle cheaters

Options
Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,234

A lot of my games, the gens seem to go faster than they should, even when I run full stacked on gen regression, it really suck when there are cheaters that boost their gen repair speeds and there is no way to prove it.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,099
    Options

I highly doubt its "a lot" of your games

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 4,908
    edited June 2023
    Options

EAC is a joke of an anti-cheat software and doesn't do anything in any game. They generally need to rely on reports with video evidence. And the average player is going to notice if a survivor does a gen 10% faster, or they just always 2-3% faster all the time. But when you have put thousands of hours into the game, and you notice that every time you round a corner while chasing that survivor they always seem like they are JUST a bit further than they should be. Or that a killer is regression gens just a BIT more than you think they should.

Because you don't get a view of what everyone is doing all the time, it is hard to tell.

It isn't a coincidence, and i would imagine it is more prevalent than people realize.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

Gens are basic fast, trust me. I played a game against the bots about a week ago, since I hadn't played for months and I needed to get the hang of the controls, in about 30 seconds they started the first generator (I should point out that the game ended on 3 gen left, I don't let bots walk all over me)

It takes a lot of experience to notice a subtle cheater. It's not enough to have a few hundred hours or be a killer main with 2000 hours, you also need to play surv, with genrush builds if it happens, in order to understand how much gen speed survs can have at most

Always check builds after the game, maybe do some math to see if it was possible they could repair that fast

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

I also doubt it was hacking, the natural completion speed is ridiculous at the moment.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,234
    Options

Yeah, i'm gonna quit this game for good this time, and play another asym game where I actually have fun, I lost all hope with proper balance in this game.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,012
    Options

You don't need cheats to rush gens. 4 survivors will do the job just fine.

• VdG232
    VdG232 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Sometimes one survivor seems unnatural fast and it takes forever to catch up in comparison to other survivors in the same game. Like with hope but from the start of the game. Of course I check the perks, but there is nothing...