We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

So is every killer gonna tunnel and face camp till update?

Options
RavenBirb
RavenBirb Member Posts: 455
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

They know it's coming, one after another. Wont leave hook or right infront of you, won't hit ANY other survivor.

Nothing warrant's it either, they just mad cuz that sad pathetic tactic is gonna make them never play killer again after the new anti camp comes

Post edited by Gcarrara on

Comments

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

Yep just hang in there a little more friend they know its coming so they gonna ABUSE it endlessly, look at the light down the long tunnel and have a bottle ready to celebrate when its gone. No more being hit by some noed and from hook 1 to 2 . Ofc its very specially common on the disgusting abomination=bubba.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

I might do it because I don't think the changes bHVR is trying is good enough, to be a good nail into Face-camping.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,654
    Options

U sure this isn't just a normal day of solo q?

• solarjin1
    Options

still can't hop off the hook during end game even if the killer camping so noed, grabs, and save the best plays will still be a thing. Camping will drop significantly but that just mean tunneling will increase more and more.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Or "slug camping", if killers were nastiest of all.

even though it is hard to believe, it DOES exist.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

I do think you’re right that some survivors will foolishly throw around terms even when it doesn’t apply. That being said I do see A LOT of tunneling for real and some of it is quite bizarre. One game I played against a Legion who was definitely tunneling Claire. We did a pretty good job of getting in the way so they’d have to lose focus on her but they managed to hook her a second time after the gens were done (we got them done pretty quick since they were spending so much time chasing her.) I was downed after saving her and the killer left me. When she came back to help me they downed and hooked her and then dropped me off at the exit gates. Like… they only wanted to kill her and once they did they didn’t care anymore. There were still 3 survivors they could kill but chose not to. Not your typical instance of tunneling but a very strange one indeed:

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,336
    Options

Can't say I've noticed an increase in facecamping at all. Played a number of games yesterday and had only one facecamper - a Hillbilly surprisingly!

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 417
    Options

It's been non-stop facecamping here, but complaining about killers at this point isn't going to fix it. You've instead got to lobby for the anti-camp measures to be put live today, without a PTB, even with whatever bugs are left in the system. I'd frankly take that at this point.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Thats true. Same with camping. I had matches where i leave the hook, go into a chase with another survivor on the other side of the map, and he runs straight to the hook. i follow him and people tell me i am camping.

Also i go for the survivor i see. I try to not tunnel, but i seldom go out of my way for it, and it happens so often that the survivor you got first runs into your arms while still injured, and then even a third time. Sometimes, when he is clearly new, i let him go there, but if hes the one with the flashlight or that teabagged earlier, hes out. Technically, that might be tunneling, but its not the intent.

But other killers will work around survivors blocking them to go after the previously hooked survivor, and even when you and i do not, that still needs to be adressed.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

But why? Is it important that 2 or 3 gens are left when he kills everyone?

I mean, i know the feeling if you get 2 or 3 gens done while you dont even have downed one single person, but i had lot of matches that i still won, even without tunneling and camping. Because suddenly, your patrol routes become more clear, your chances of finding survivors get better, and a lot of survivor recoursses are already depleted. (just as an anekdote, but i even had matches where all 4 survivors made it to the end with 8 hooks and all gens done, yet they never could open a single gate (and it wasnt an endgame build).

The thing is, this desperation sets in as soon as the killer is threatend with a loss. If he acts on it by tunneling and camping, he shifts the balance and might still get that win. But that means, if this inflates kill rates, they need to be balanced around that, and that might turn out bad for killers.

• xCakeStick
    xCakeStick Member Posts: 53
    Options

The new feature coming to prevent camping will just promote killers to proxy camp more, which is more frustrating then face camping.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 195
    Options

I did my first tunnel and face camp in a long time on a claudette who t-bagged at the first pallet on cow shed or one it's variations.

I mean really first pallet with all the skill it takes to run to said pallet and drop it - not even a stun. Golf clap for that magnificent move and well worthy of a t-bag.

Anyway she died and as ghost face was able to return the t-bag 10 fold.

Sad I know but blooming satisfying :)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,005
    Options

What do you mean "till update"? It's not going to stop. No matter what they do, as long as there are no better alternatives camping, tunneling and slugging are the way to go.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

It's not going to stop them from camping and tunneling off hook.

• Droneinthrwind
    Droneinthrwind Member Posts: 91
    Options

I took off we'll make it for of the record because DAMN. No point in running we'll make it, never get to use it anyway.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I've actually gotten a lot of use of We'll make it. It depends on your team ofc. If they're overly altruistic they get to the hook before you. The one I have a hard time getting good use out of is We're Gonna Live Forever. I run it in case the killer slugs and then he never slugs, once I take it off and they slug I'm like (well now I needed that perk).

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,929
    Options

That is part if why a lot of killers tunnel these days, ie to get the other survivors, who would otherwise be hyperfocusing on their gens, off said gens and taking a protection hit. By the time that Clair was on her third hook stage 3 gens had popped without fail, possible four, and these days gen defense is extremely tricky and neight impossible, if the survivors are determined to just slam gens.

Yeah, yeah its "literally the survivors only objective", but it feels way different now, then it did half a year ago. All changes to the game arent happening in a vacuum and most killers are not backed against the wall with literally kill or be killed their only options.

And survivors are feeling it, too, with slamming gens asap, so that they can hopefully escape before the killer can tunnel one after the other. Its a brutal vicious circle, but dont even think that the face camping will make a big difference, all it will do is shift the last killers focus on tunneling, because literally nothing else works anymore.

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 336
    Options

Not me. I don't face camp. I'll tunnel if the game isn't going my way though.

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189
    Options

Tunneling isn't going anywhere. There's no reason not to do it, beside some imaginary good-boy points from survs.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well said.

This anti camping change will do nothing. Unhook yourself in the killers face and see what happens.

I will personally send survivors crying to these forums after the update to prove my point.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,802
    Options

Nope, that's been rare in my trials. As well as this, when playing as killer these are not tactics I'm really that bothered with.

This has not transpired. Just scaremongering, although I'm sure some players will be doing this. Pretty much the same number who would do this already.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2023
    Options

I see many started practicing proxy camp which will probably be the viable route after the update.

Except Bubbas. 😅

But Bubbas will always be Bubbas.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 474
    Options

The fact that people think anything will change is genuinely funny. Patrolling the hook is easy and SpooknJukes proved Insidious camping the entrance is the best way to play basement Bubba anyways so Bubba won't be affected.

Have fun getting downed in 5 more seconds than now, gamers. Might move to TCM for good once that comes out. :)

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 498
    edited June 2023
    Options

I honestly think it will probably increase the amount hsrd tunnelling in the game. If you basically remove hook camping then you're going to have a lot of killers struggling to win games because they're so used to proxy camping and they will all jump on hard tunnelling even harder because they're struggling to secure downs & kills.

Hard tunnelling on 4/5 gens and proxy camping really is just a skill issue that goes away with time. The problem is that people can easily inflate their MMR using those methods and are probably playing way above their skill level so they use these tactics because it's the only way they know how to win at higher MMR brackets. Unfortunately MMR sucks and most people will experience these types of players at one time or another.

I keep seeing people throwing about that tunnelling is the only way to win in DBD which is total nonsense. If you want to get better at killer and play in a fair way that you actually get respect & GGs in end game chat then start running information & aura perks and learn how to build pressure. Not only will it make you a better killer it's the most fun way to play the game because almost every game is different and it completely removes your reliance on using toxic style gameplay & running meta gen regression perks.

• Slurpin
    Slurpin Member Posts: 101
    Options

They will do it before and after the update. Like it's always been. There might be an overreaction right now, like there's always been. But, in the end, the bottom feeders will be hurt the most so it's a net win. Enduring their panic is worth it. Smart campers will still thrive so it's whatever.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 378
    Options
  • Droneinthrwind
    Droneinthrwind Member Posts: 91
    Options

Does wglf doesn't stack with for the people? I tried to use it few times but the person I picked up didn't get endurance for some reason... And yes, wglf was active.

As for we'll make it, idk, maybe had just unlucky stretch of games. But every nurse, wesker and spirit just goes straight to tunneling poor guy who I unhooked. The only use I get from we'll make it was a nice huntress who played like a Chad and rolled us over with 2 hooking everyone before killing us.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    Options

I’m so excited for TCM. Good bye scratch marks, I always thought they were dumb. Gives victims the ability to actually escape a chase, rather than relying on looping.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

Dude, I respect your response and in some instances it might make sense but that wasn’t what happened in this game. We didn’t get the gens done right out. They made it pretty clear before even first hook that they weren’t giving up on Claire even if it would’ve been advantageous to switch targets. We only ended up getting the rest of those gens done quickly because after her first hook it became apparent it was a waste of time to do anything but. They had NoeD which is how they got me right after I got her off hook and how they got her down when she was trying to help me. So if someone is so hell bent on winning to the point that they choose to tunnel as a strategy then why would they not have given me the hook when it was so easy to do so? They have NoeD which provides a pretty big advantage… why not go for the kills? Anyway, as a survivor main even I don’t like it when all gens are done in a few minutes (which ONLY happens when killers are either AFK or just f’ing around) because it’s boring and we need an antagonist to challenge us. I believe tunneling takes the aforementioned instance and completely reverses it so that one survivor is out of the game quickly without being able to do anything. It’s a cheap way to play imo and provides an unfair and unfun experience. If genrushing were still a thing I wouldn’t do that either because it’s the same to me… boring. Half the time when I bring a toolbox and esp BNP I don’t use it right away to get gens done quick, it’s more like an ace in the hole for those last minute finishes when you’re really feeling the pressure.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 263
    Options

I will say that depending on what my objective is I'll throw whole matches to get in some good ol god looping practice, if a surv is cracked and can run me for 5 gens then I'm here for it. It's not really tunneling per say i just like the challenge why would I chase a trash surv that i know I'm gonna down easy each match I'm looking to learn something new at this point. Now if i think there cracked but they actually just got lucky then I'll leave and find someone else. I don't tunnel in the sense of how most describe it. Finally if all gens get done and they're on their last hook I'll let them go tea bags and all they earned it. Now if after the second chase with them if their team hasn't done gens then I'll kill everyone else and let the cracked surv win

• JackOfTrades
    JackOfTrades Member Posts: 442
    Options

My camping build as Bubba includes

NOED III

Rancor III

Deadlock III

Insidious III

No add-ons

Sometimes Bloodied/Torn blueprint are played

"Bubba is a god that all must respect"

• khrisfromtoronto
    khrisfromtoronto Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2023
    Options

Here is what Rossburger had to say about the new anti camping measures coming to DBD.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

It really is a half-measure that won’t stop camping. I dunno why people are acting like it’s gonna kill the playstyle. But tbf there’s no other game (assym or otherwise) that allows one player to hijack the gaming experience for another player. DBD is super unique in that way.

• solarjin1
    Options

It won't kill the playstyle and it not soppose to. It wil just make camping less powerful Won't have to play the grab game and save the best won't be as much as a problem. You will be able to unhook much more consistently and maybe without even a trade (16 meters is enought to sneak in before the killer can get to hook in my experience with kindred)

Of course tunneling off hook will just take it place but most survivors rather that then being camp to death.

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,149
    Options

On the same token, it's a difficult thing to perfectly fix because personally I don't ever want unhooking to feel safe. Knowing the killer can't or won't come back near the hook can remove the suspense from the interaction. Things like chases, sabotages, and other killer interactions keep the game fun. I don't want to just to generators and leave.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Yeah this is part of the problem. The idea of tunneling has become a rather non descript excuse that can be used to cushion the ego over loss.

There are scenarios where targeting the same survivor makes the most sense and a lot of them are initiated by survivor play, not killer play.

A lot of the tunneling discussion equates simply to someone wanting their opponent to make bad choices that don't benefit them and being angry when they don't accommodate that expectation.

Which frankly is nuts.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Tbh I see tunneling more than camping. Facecamping is pretty rare, proxy camping is common but not gamebreaking

• solarjin1
    Options

same i really only see proxy camping

I don't see face camping that much (unless end game) and it probably because it way to inconsistent of a strat vs a solid teams. All it take is one person trading right before the hook survivor go into second and bam u wasted a ######### ton of time guarding the hook for nothing. Still it nice they addressing the strat because it pretty strong vs mid to low level solo q teams who will just stare at the killer camping

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 455
    Options

You ever been face camped by a Huntress? or Leatherface?

• solarjin1
    Options

yes..u can trade still. Will yall all excape tho? absolutely not

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 336
    Options

Who cares about respect and ggs in the end game chat? I don't care what any survivor thinks of me as a killer.