We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Did I take it too far or did Meg?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

I had a game as a survivor and I found an anniversary flashlight laying on the ground. I picked it up, played the match for several minutes, and then meg found me. She continued to taunt me over and over. I genuinely didn't know what they were doing but they started body blocking me, refusing to do gens, alerted the killer towards me, which then I realized it was her flashlight. On the one hand I can understand wanting a nice item but when you go so far to throw a game and actively try to kill a teammate I'm going to refuse to give the item back. I was also less motivated to give the item since the killer had Franklin's demise. I ended up hiding the item near the exit and let meg bleed out after I unhooked her once and picked her up once despite her sabotaging me and our team. I did survive with the flashlight. Did I take this too far? Did she take it too far?

To be clear, obviously neither of us were particularly nice.

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on

Comments

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

It was definitely rude to take such a rare item, but the Meg definitely went too far. Still, letting her bleed out was probably not warranted. Understandable, but a bit too much.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah, I get that. I honestly would have given it back if she didn't spend 10 minutes straight trying to get me killed though. She did try to get me to walk into bear traps by blocking my path. It's a bit of a mixed situation where I get being upset losing an item that's rare, but don't actively try to kill your team over it

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

If people think it's smart to bring an event item in a lobby which is not full SWF, it's not really surprising that something like this can happen. It may not be the nicest of moves, but destroying the whole round because of it is pretty nonsense. Incidentally, something like this can also be reported and have consequences when that drives too far.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,319
    Options

It's a flashlight, why people act like this is beyond my understanding. It literally does the same thing as any other flashlight ultimately.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,962
    Options

Typically when you have to ask this type of question, the answer is both of you

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I think she was the first to have been rude, and at this point a little pettiness was deserved.

I always go in a trial expecting to lose my item. If she doesn't want to lose her anniversary items, then she shouldn't take them into games.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

It's an event-related (unique) flashlight not many of us kept.

The irony here is Meg believed she'd definitely survive with it and only by a fellow mate picking it up could she lose it.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I think you should've kept this to yourself, what type of question even is this lmao?

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 531
    Options

if this was one of those "am i the blank" reddit posts, the answer is yes you're the "blank" in this scenario. You caused all the issues, had you just returned the flashlight you could've made a friend out of it.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yeah this is about where I land on it. I go into a trial fully expecting I'm going to lose my item. If I don't want to lose the item. I don't bring it.

The other layer is if someone is actively trying to get you killed (along with several teammates) then that player doesn't deserve any kindness in return (and even this person I saved them twice despite them being rude).

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Eh I disagree. I definitely didn't cause all the issues (such as them dropping the item in the first place as well as them actively trying to get their teammates killed). I definitely could have returned the flashlight but before I was given much time to understand their spamming gestures they were actively trying to get me killed.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,223
    edited June 2023
    Options

If you bring any item into a match you have to be aware you may lose it. Even with a white ward you can lose it if they bring Franklin's.

Sounds like she should have just brought a regular flashlight.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah, and if someone really wants their item back, immediately sandbagging your team doesn't make me want to give you back your item.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

Nah you were in your right. Thats how matches sometimes go, you lose your item before you even get a chance to use it, and someone else finds it or it just runs out of charges b/c of FD.

I'd probably do the same thing as you if I'm being completely honest. IDK why some people think being toxic & bad teammates is the answer to their temper tantrum and it'll get them what they want. I'll do the exact opposite. Aint rewarding awful behavior. It can be a ultra super duper rare, I don't care. Its a public match, you knew the risk of bringing an item and potentially losing it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,333
    Options

If the killer had Franklin's then it was probably either knocked from her hands or she put it down to keep it safe. I personally wouldn't have taken it but I also think she overreacted to an ingame item.

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 293
    edited June 2023
    Options

I would probably be very annoyed too if I was your teammate. Taking my item is OK, I'd argue it's even a smart move since you're saving it from Franklin's regression. But refusing to give it back is sort of a d*ck move, yes you found it but we both know it was my item. Maybe I brought it for a challenge, because I had a specific build around it, etc. This kind of behavior is yet one more reason why I despise solo queue. There's already a killer, I don't need another player actively stealing my stuff.

I'm also baffled that you somehow find an event flashlight on the ground, yet don't realize that obviously their owner is going to come back where it was to try and find it. It is basic teamwork awareness. If I found an item like this I would probably pick it up too, but try to give them back when I meet them. If that person has to find me by themselves and make gestures to ask for the item I'd consider that we've already screwed big time.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

Man I wish I had interactions like this in SoloQ. Me and that Meg would have aded one another and continued to queue up together just to try and kill one another.

New game mode!

• Thomas_Foolery
    Thomas_Foolery Member Posts: 8
    Options

Who cares, it's a beamer, I don't care if it's shiny it's still just an item