We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

is this your way to balance scavenger? SWF will abuse it why did you do this? please tell me

Options

you dont think this through behaviour please. one guy refills a commodious wirespool and scraps and give it to his friend. this can be done by all survivors SWF will be unstoppable. why didnt you think this through? Please tell me

Comments

• whickedchainsaw
    whickedchainsaw Member Posts: 107
    Options

btw this game has gen rush problem and u want to solve this by doing that? why?

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,038
    Options

Like it would be totally easy to consistently refill a toolbox by consistently hitting RANDOM RNG BASED SKILLCHECKS and always hit great and give it to your friend which also must be with you and not in chase or whatever, and basically not repairing either because if you both repair you will certainly finish the gen before the refill

All this without considering any killer power/perk

If you pull all this off, congratulations you have a new toolbox for your friend.

And you'll probably be useless for 30 sec.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,802
    Options

I'm going to be patient about this change and see what significant difference this makes in reality. Although I feel llnow there ought to be a select few perks which won't work with "Stake Out". "Stake Out" will be big on usage alongside this, so my feeling is that some perks that are possibly as brutal as "Scavenger" should have the great skill checks based purely on that tiny, filled-in white mark at the end of a skill bar.

Besides, I am assuming what will happen is that the perk will be brutal for a couple of months whilst everybody buys the chapter, then nerfed a bit later on when newer content appears.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,403
    Options

The perk sounds counter-productive. the entire point of the perk is to gen-rush and complete generators as fast as possible but the perk punishes you for using it to gen-rush. The last part of the post is confusing. If someone running this perk, they do not want to spend time healing, unhooking or doing totems, they want to do gens as fast as possible. Efficient survivor do not spend time doing these actions. they spend time... rushing gens like what. confusing post.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

This is really unrealistic. You expect two players to stop working on a gen, trade items, and then hop back on so one guy can refill a single toolbox and do this multiple times throughout a match.

Scavenger barely brings a net positive on the best toolbox with the best addons. No one is going to waste more seconds to do this, because you likely won't gain much value from doing so.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 3,963
    Options

You can trade off the toolbox, but you'll still be unable to repair gens for 30 seconds. This doesn't offset the introduced counterweight.

• Firellius
    Options

Okay, but 50% slower would completely negate whatever value you get out of the toolbox. This perk just ceases to exist if you trigger it and then spend the next 30 seconds repairing.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

It's slowed repair speed not unable to repair....so there is no real downside especially if someone is running other Gen speed perks that would make that slow repair speed normal repair speed.

• Rovend
    Options

50% speed penalty is the same you get of a pentimento and a 4 stack thana combined.

It's not worth to repair if you are barely moving the bar

• Firellius
    Options
  • VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

The upside is your replenishing a Toolbox with addons that will speed up Gen repairs more. The slower repair speed will also allow for more skill checks meaning a faster replenishment of said tool box.

Not to mention it can be used multiple times per match now instead of a single use perk. This will make Gen rush builds more obnoxious to go against.

Now I agree with the Pyramid head change because that could of been done a bit better

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,384
    Options

I can’t believe people are scrounging to come up with scenarios to nerf this perk even further.

Your example is nothing more than a net time waste and would be laughably inefficient.

Scavenger is dead on arrival and you will never see anyone run this perk.

• Rovend
    Options

The slow debuff comes after you already hit the 5 greats to activate the perk. That's the reason why is so unreliable to know when this debuff wil hit you.

And the 50% slower repair speed is something to be concerned on, considering that this is coming from your own perk without considering other killer perks.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Most players don’t think that. Killer mains on the DBD forum say it.

• Nebula
    Options

Also, who are these 4 man comp squads that so many people on this forum swear they play every other game? I play about 1 in every 50 matches. The vast majority of SWFs are just buddies playing for fun and messing around, not bringing BNPs and gen perks.

• Nebula
    Options

Exactly. Ask 90% of the playerbase and they’d tell you they’re lucky to make it to endgame. Unless you started playing last year, gens are slow as hell. There’s no time anymore to waste running around and opening chests and doing totems. If you don’t have 1 to 2 people on gens at all time you lose 9 times out of 10.

• Rovend
    Options

And even the ones who bring toolboxes and genrush dont bother with gimmicks like toolbox swapping, they usually split and hit on different gens while being totally alone.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ehh I disagree. I don't think it's fair to say only Killer mains feel this way.

Personally, I think they are fast only because of how killers don't have much in terms of gen defence.

Not even going into all of the gen buffing perks, BNP alone is problematic. The fact that a team can get an entire gen done instantly is problematic even if it doesnt happen consistently

• Devil_hit11
    Options

I would like to add that gen-rush is team effort. trading items does not change fact that one of your teammate has -50% repair penalty for 30 seconds. that is still 30 second of less repair time. looks like they killed the perk.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,337
    Options

It provides slowdown, as the person exchanges a toolbox for a short-timed reduction in gen repair. Effectively, one person is rendered pretty useless for a time. People felt that the original perk provided too much benefit for no downside, so they've given a downside. I don't see an issue with this at all.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,733
    Options

Basically at the start of the game and you're not first found, use up the toolbox at around 15%-25% of the gen (still needs to be tested to accurate gage when to use) and by the time the double charge addon commodious runs out you will most likely get 4-5 skillchecks and be a near completed gen.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

what are you talking about? your description of how your using the perk makes no sense. let me pull up description.

you need to use toolbox fully and carry the empty toolbox while repairing a generator. After that you need land 5 great skill-checks(was 4) and after you land 5 skill-checks, you suffer 50% repair penalty for 30 seconds. you do not refresh toolbox while using toolbox. So in your average match, you use a toolbox, finish a gen. you work another gen, let's say you get 5 skill-checks at 80% of the next gen, then you suffer 30 second penalty. You get net 0 value because if you go off gen, your wasting time but if you do not go off gen then you suffer repair penalty. Sometimes you might repair a gen fully and not even get 5 skill-checks so then you need to go next gen and get 1 great skill-check to suffer penalty. The perk makes no sense. It kinda what @Crowman said. you get no value from using the perk. The perk defeats itself.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited June 2023
    Options

It’s a net loss. That’s the issue. But it’s really an issue because there are superior perks that survivors could (and should) bring to push gens. This is like Potential Energy: it might have niche uses. But deriving value from it costs more than what it yields.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329
    Options

wow one of a thousand things that can abuse swf...

but i'm really worried about hyperfocus + stack out, together with scavanger because if you have an Engineers toolbox (100% repair speed) + charge addons = 36 charges permanently on the toolbox, if the calculation is as follows like healing then they are -50% negated means you repair the gen at the same speed while you get permanent skill checks, which you can do by hyperfocus and stackout to make the gene glow, that's such a circle

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 342
    Options

I think the change is fine,50% slow down is already stronger than any kind of killer perk,and it last 30sec.

I think it is as strong as built to last (maybe still a little bit stronger) now.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,733
    Options

Yes im saying wait until 15-25% to star using the toolbox where by the end of the tool box charges you still have 40-50% of the gen left to go which not getting at least a couple skill checks is just very rare.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,655
    Options

The perk is well balance trash like potential energy. Could only be ok with hyper focus but even than built would be way better.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,018
    Options

If a person keep running to a locker then it fine by me. One less person doing a gen.