why is it possible gens are spawning so close together ?

Options
DudelPuma
DudelPuma Member Posts: 329

i mean seriously bhvr, 5 gens on one side ? rly ?? Today I also had on yamaoka (oni map) at the shack 1 gen in the shack, 10m in front of the shack the 2nd gen and the 3 wait behind the shack of course not more than 10m away, something like that should never be possible! is unfair! I mean my perk build is happy penti + scourge hook = 46% less gen speed on a 5 gen protect xD I bhvr if you can contact people how they liked it :D I assume a 6/5 points in the end game would they give, what is your tip bhvr? stay half life against a nurse and don't destroy any plaything totems ? Even if I didn't have the things with me the gens around the main are so close together they can't do it...

Comments

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 879
    Options

3-genning is one of worst things in this game, very uninteractive and unengaging since the killer will never commit to a chase but just keep returning to their gens looking for free downs. Depending on the gen cluster, the perks and the killer character, this can go on indefinitely until the game server closes the session. Often survivors will simply let themselves get killed or disconnect instead. Just a ridiculous flaw in game design. And yet BHVR isn't doing anything about it, even though it's been a thing for 7 years (oh wait, they've buffed Deja Vu by 1%, now it shaves off a whooping ~5 seconds of repair time if you work a gen from 0 to 100% alone, that's totally gonna help break a 3-gen!).

And the solution seems so simple, I don't know why BHVR can't implement a rule in the procedural spawn algorithm that prevents 3 gens from being within a certain perimeter. If the current gen spawns don't allow for that, just introduce more possible spawns. I think it would be beneficial anyway to have much more random generator spawns such that survivors have to spend more time looking for them. Of course there are some maps that would need a more specific approach, such as Gideon, but that too should be simple enough.

Alternative solutions could be either to simply add an 8th generator, such that the killer would have to defend 4 gens when only 1 is left to do, or to give survivors the ability to move generators at a slow speed, an interaction during which nobody would be able to work on the gen being relocated. There should obviously be compensatory killer buffs alongside this, such as an increased base gen regression rate. I'm sure players would be happy to accept various general killer buffs if impossible 3-gens were to leave the game for it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,053
    Options

I've been saying for a while that they really need to dial back the RNG aspects of map generation. You get diminishing returns at a certain point where the RNG is creating more problems than it solves. Wins and losses from the loading screen still happen way too often.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

Also why the hell must gens and lockers or rarely even totems be by windows when am trying to vault them in a chase only to tap the gen/totem jump in the locker, that needs to go too.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I think the devs feel rng is too integral to dbd to ever step too far away from it, sadly.