We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Video Horror Society is... dead?

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,762

The game is discontinuing service and is moving to peer-to-peer gameplay.

I know when this was in beta/early access people were saying this would "kill DBD" as per usual, but somehow this game just flopped compared to DBD.

I honestly dont know how to feel about this.

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,985
    Options

I feel like it mainly flopped because of constant attacks by hackers, of the more malicious kind than just cheaters. From hacking into the games services, hijacking the discord server, and constant attacks on all fronts, the game was always in turmoil. Makes me wonder if they were funded by someone they were so ruthless.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,465
    edited June 2023
    Options

Here's a fitting funeral song for VHS and Friday the 13th: The Game along with every other asym survival game that has died and disappeared within the last 5 years.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

Sad, but when the only way to make proffits off your games is to cater to greedy FOMO tactics (daily rotation store, mission packs rental, battle pass was planned)... in 2023, you're basically digging your own grave. 🤐

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,199
    Options

The game had built in voice communication and map pings, and it was very easy for the survivors to ambush the killer. Playing killer was an absolutely miserable experience, and the game devs decided they would rather shut down the game than make the killer experience better.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

It's really unfortunate. I played the game and i liked it and thought it was pretty polished, but unfortunately i just didn't really have fun with it so i didn't play it.

It's a real shame all that work was for nothing though, game did not even leave early access or come to any consoles.