Prestige is now useless...

Options
Krowplex
Krowplex Member Posts: 46

Let me clarify....

Before, there was only a very few cosmetics available. This made prestiging one way of getting sick customization items. Which were cool because people were able to tell what prestige you were just by looking at you.

Now, with the Store system, you can pay for skins. Yeah, I want to equip skins from the store, but I would like to show my prestige level through appearance... which I can no longer.

Can the devs just give us some sort of blood layer to equip on top of our outfits?

Like for example, I could buy a hat from the store, and if I'm prestige 3, I could equip the hat WITH BLOOD or WITHOUT.

That'd be really cool and would bring back more interest in prestiging.

Because right now, I don't see any point in prestiging my killers, knowing that I will equip skins from the store instead because they just look better.

Wearing clothes with blood tells people "Hey, I'm X or Y main, look at my prestige". It intimidates players, believe it or not.

Also, it shows the amount of bloodpoints you've spent on this specific character.

On the plus side, it would give more customization options to the players.

What are your thoughts?

Here's my original post on the Steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2788173147738206212/?tscn=1529040419

Comments

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

That would be pretty awesome. I definitely struggle between deciding if I want to use my prestige gear or if I want to buy store items, too.

• MaximusZero
    MaximusZero Member Posts: 2
    Options

Keep in mind that prestige also increases the chance for items of higher quality in the bloodweb more often. This in itself is usually a good reason to prestige. Also, adding blood to every single other cosmetic would most likely be very difficult for the team to do. I would rather them spend time working on NEW cosmetics than updating the old ones just to put blood on them.

• Krowplex
    Options

@MaximusZero said:
    Keep in mind that prestige also increases the chance for items of higher quality in the bloodweb more often. This in itself is usually a good reason to prestige. Also, adding blood to every single other cosmetic would most likely be very difficult for the team to do. I would rather them spend time working on NEW cosmetics than updating the old ones just to put blood on them.

I get your point of view, but it's honestly not that difficult, also considering that, right now, there isn't many cosmetics.

It can honestly come down to make a blood texture.png file, and add it on the existing textures.Not the best way to do it, as it might sometimes look weird, but it's one way of automating it.

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    Options

I think it will probably just stick to one outfit being prestige, because if they did this for prestige, imagine all the legacy people wanting the same treatment.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    I 100% love the idea of adding blood to any cosmetics that coincides with said level of prestige (example: P1 survivors and killers can only make any top piece and weapon bloody. Where as P3 can make any cosmetics bloody, respectively)
  • Krowplex
    edited June 2018
    Options

@DRAGOON said:
    I think it will probably just stick to one outfit being prestige, because if they did this for prestige, imagine all the legacy people wanting the same treatment.

Legacy would be a different case.

Perhaps, what about the legacy skins with blood on them? :thinking: :lol:

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Yes, it would be very very cool to use the prestige blood spatter on head, middle and bottom of any character on any outfit.

That would be very cool.

Prestiging is neat, and definitely has bragging rights, but outside of that there's just not a benefit to it.

Anyone with a prestige III character should get 500 shards as a reward.

Already prestiged characters should get this too if they could do that. Or at least make this a new thing

Prestige I - 100 shards
    II- 250
    III- 500

That makes sense to me. Before IR Shards always felt like a simple way to grind out 200k bloodpoints. Now there's a different use for them. I hope they take advantage of this. The hardcore fan base like myself should be rewarded.

I hope at least. Please?

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    If they ever do this suggestion and release bunny feng I could have a bloody bunny feng omg yes
  • Pharmacy
    Pharmacy Member Posts: 29
    Options

This idea is interesting and would for sure look cool, it would be very hard to do in-game. I'm no expert in modelling, but I've worked a little in the industry and to do something like this (ie adding new unique textures to each and every existing cosmetic, and every cosmetic to come afterwards) would take a large amount of time and resources that would quite frankly be better used elsewhere. The cosmetic priority is much lower than things such as bug fixes, balance changing and creating new DLC products like the maps and character models, and because of this there would not be much time at all to do something on this sort of scale for such a unneeded cosmetic option. I'd love to be able to use a bloody beanie on Quentin someday, but sometimes you just need to be realistic about some stuff :'(

• Bobkat64
    Bobkat64 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2018
    Options

Yeah the new cosmetic shop somewhat defeats the purpose of bloody items so you’re right they should make it so you can put blood on anything or a way where people know you are prestige 1,2, or 3

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Yes please. This is needed. 
  • robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

I definitely see what you're saying, but I still think the bloody outfits look cooler than anything in the store.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    If it could be implemented without taking too many resources away from future content then I am allllllll for it. I would love bloody shirtless David. 
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

@MaximusZero said:

I honestly don't even notice a difference between my p3 killers and my clown's bloodweb at level 50.

• Krowplex
    Options

To be honest just adding some sort of rewards other than the clothes would be great.

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    Options

@Krowplex said:

what about the legacy skins with blood on them? :thinking: :lol:

if that happened survivors would look like a legit nacho's xD

• Fre_Shavacado0
    Fre_Shavacado0 Member Posts: 106
    Options

yess this is like the 10th post i’ve seen about this since these forums opened, the devs have had to see one, i keep hoping they’ll respond to one and tell us if it’s reasonable or not. i would love it.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    Options

you're wanting prestige look on anything and everything, not gonna happen not reasonable not easy to do and just pointless to discuss.

• Krowplex
    Options

Material layering: https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Dynamic+Material+Layering
    Texture splattering: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texture_splatting

Essentially, make one material.png file, and add it on top of the already existing materials/textures. Using only 1 file and a few lines of codes. This could work

• Krowplex
    edited June 2018
    Options

I've been trying to post links showing what I mean but my post keeps getting "moderated".... Basically, check out Material Layering & Texture Splattering.

PS: If my 4-5 posts appears like by magic I will delete them haha.

• RagingRealm
    RagingRealm Member Posts: 70
    Options

I honestly don't even wear my bloody skins half the time, I mainly prestiged my characters to have more progression(I have 1250+ hours). Besides, prestige skins aren't entirely useless on licensed characters since they aren't in the store. I think somebody asked for this suggestion on a dev stream a while back and the devs made it seem like the blood is inseparable from the bloody skins but a bug on the bloody killers weapons when the game first released leads me to disbelieve that.

• Krowplex
    edited June 2018
    Options

@RagingRealm said:
    I honestly don't even wear my bloody skins half the time, I mainly prestiged my characters to have more progression(I have 1250+ hours). Besides, prestige skins aren't entirely useless on licensed characters since they aren't in the store. I think somebody asked for this suggestion on a dev stream a while back and the devs made it seem like the blood is inseparable from the bloody skins but a bug on the bloody killers weapons when the game first released leads me to disbelieve that.

Well, if that's true, that was a really poor designing choice. But it's never too late to change such a thing. If they don't want to do this, then they need to add something else than just blood clothings; as almost nobody will use them.

EDIT: Does this means they are doing prestige on every single character one by one? I think THAT'S a huge waste of time. It could be so simple and take seconds, but instead they take a few days to make 1 prestige design.

• Rat_Watson
    Rat_Watson Member Posts: 28
    Options

Honestly I've thought about this as well. I usually have to decide how I want my survivor/killer to look like before I go into a trial.
    What I do is mix up both the prestige items and the cosmetic items.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Rat_Watson said:
    Honestly I've thought about this as well. I usually have to decide how I want my survivor/killer to look like before I go into a trial.
    What I do is mix up both the prestige items and the cosmetic items.

Dwight outfits in a nutshell. Blend in = P3. Not blend in = literally everything else

• RagingRealm
    RagingRealm Member Posts: 70
    Options

@Krowplex said:

@RagingRealm said:

Well, if that's true, that was a really poor designing choice. But it's never too late to change such a thing. If they don't want to do this, then they need to add something else than just blood clothings; as almost nobody will use them.

EDIT: Does this means they are doing prestige on every single character one by one? I think THAT'S a huge waste of time. It could be so simple and take seconds, but instead they take a few days to make 1 prestige design.

Yes, the bug I was talking about when the game first released involved the blood on the killers' weapons flickering constantly. Your weapon would be constantly having a seizure, going from bloody to the default weapon back and forth indefinitely. Their solution was to completely merge the two skins. So their current models are inseparable. To confirm your suspicion, yes the skins are designed one by one. The department at BHVR designing the bloody skins clearly has enough time to do so however considering they did that AND make this massive store of cosmetics within the time span of BHVR buying the rights to the game and the PTB of 2.0.0.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    Options

I am kind of happy that prestige is kind of worthless now, it made it easy for me to just nab the cosmetics and saved me from having to grind up each killer 3 times. I've got the classic killers at P3 already, but now with the cosmetics I can just focus on leveling them up and maybe spending BP on survivors instead just to make sure they get their loadouts so in case I have a daily with them they'll be ready to go.

• Krowplex
    Options

For some reasons my comment got deleted, so here i'm gonna type it again.

@Pharmacy said:
    This idea is interesting and would for sure look cool, it would be very hard to do in-game. I'm no expert in modelling, but I've worked a little in the industry and to do something like this (ie adding new unique textures to each and every existing cosmetic, and every cosmetic to come afterwards) would take a large amount of time and resources that would quite frankly be better used elsewhere. The cosmetic priority is much lower than things such as bug fixes, balance changing and creating new DLC products like the maps and character models, and because of this there would not be much time at all to do something on this sort of scale for such a unneeded cosmetic option. I'd love to be able to use a bloody beanie on Quentin someday, but sometimes you just need to be realistic about some stuff :'(

Material layering: https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Dynamic+Material+Layering
    Texture splattering: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texture_splatting

Essentially, make one material.png file, and add it on top of the already existing materials/textures. Using only 1 file and a few lines of codes. This could work

• Elysseens
    Elysseens Member Posts: 15
    Options

Please... do that...

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options

I recall in another thread where several people were talking about the futility of ranking up and prestiging.

not_Queen replied and confirmed that they plan on going back over these systems and possibly altering them. (This was after the leaderboard system gets activated first though.)