If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Scorecard - Is it an accurate representation of one's performance?

Options
CorvusCorax86
CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

While this is divided up into 4 parts the 2 sides differ greatly. With Killer a 4K ensures you have 2-3 iridescent at least. You can only eliminate people by hunting well, being fast and doing sacrifices. The categories are in synergy with one another.

With survivor this is a bit more complex. You can do gens and help people by unhooking / healing but you can complete a match without participating in any chases. As such, it leaves room for criticism.

Since anonym mode renders people unable to look at each other's profile (to see the number of hours played) and we know prestige levels are not accurate representation of skill I have recently seen that people criticise each other based on the performance of matches.

Survivors at 1st and 2nd place get the message "you were doing nothing" or "you were bad at chases". Most interesting is the remark coming from killers: "I didn't see you do anything". Killers genuinely believe only those are good survivors that they find and chase.

In any case, many a threads have been opened already on bad manners. My question is: do you think the score system can properly (if not very accurately) represent the performance of individuals during a match?

Comments

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Idk, I think it can be accurate most of the time, it's just that at Iri grades the system is way more strict and you need to do pretty good at many roles (with survivor emblem being the most difficult since survivors are the side that's supposed to lose more).

But as a teammate I would say a person who keeps the killer busy for the rest of us is more skilled than the person doing gens. While both are important, being able to keep the killer pre-occupied for 1 min or more requires you understand how the map plays out, the killer powers, your own perks, maybe killer perks if they affect chasing etc. All in all being in a chase and doing well, requires a lot of split second decisions and prior experience as well as being able to asses the player behind the killer you're playing against.

Obviously the game cannot be won by a survivor just getting chased, so gens are the way you win the game (and therefore more important), but in comparison there's less mechanical skill involved, you don't really have to make many decisions (unless the killer is coming towards you) and the knowledge you need to have (do central gen first, or focus certain gens to avoid 3-gen etc.) seems to me to be maybe on a similar degree or maybe even less than for the looper.

I do think if you completed a whole gen by yourself you should receive more points than it currently awards.