We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

It seems like no one understands how balancing works..

Balancing the game doesn mean you should win 50% of your matches and lose 50% of your matches. That would be boring.

Balancing would mean that both sides have equal CHANCES of winning. In the end, the total skill should be the reason one side wins.

if the skill of the killer is higher, he should win and if the total skill of the 4 survivors are higher, they should win.

Thats why winstreaks mean nothing unless everyone is able to do that. But they are always done but the top 1% players who play the game extremly well, that doesnt mean the game is not balanced to towards that side.

please stop coming up with winstreaks or saying you should win 50% of your matches. You shouldnt unless you outskill the enemy.

And while its annoying to lose as a survivor because of one bad teammate, thats how the game is and how it SHOULD work. You have to work together there, you shoudnt be able to solo the other side just because of one bad mate, that would make the balancing impossible in a asymitrical game.

Comments

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited June 2023

In a perfect world with a balanced game and great MMR, players on both sides would have the same skills and the same chance of winning, therefore in average would win 50/50 of their games. Obviously this is an average number and some insane people would still win 90% of their games, but the large majority of people would hover around 50/50 if balance & matchmaking were perfect.

I don't think anyone would argue that you should win only half your games if you went against people you're better than, when people say "if it was balanced you'd win 50/50 of your games" it's implied that this would be the case against people of the same skills; which is why I agree complaining about win streaks of comp swf and comp killers playing against regular players doesn't make much sense.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,240
    edited June 2023

A 40% chance to escape per survivor results in a ~47.52% chance for a killer win ( 3k or 4k as definied by community)

A 50% chance to escape results in a 31.25% chance for a killer win.

I think most people see "fair 50:50 (chance:equal chance)" and confuse killrate with killer-wiin-rate.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

There are far to many variables in the game for it to ever be balanced.

1v4, swf v solo, perk stacking, addon stacking, maps, mmr, the list is long. Accept it for what it is, sometimes you eat sometimes you're eaten.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

This post wasnt about how to balance the game or if it can balanced, i agree that its really hard to balance.

This post was just about the mindset what many think balancing is.