We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

PC Pros, lend me your knowledge/advice

Options
Huge_Bush
Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,972

Hello Everyone,

So, as some of you may know, my PC recently died. There was no saving it (some parts were failing and I made it worse when I tried to make it better😭). I’m not ready to get a new one just yet (💰issues), but I am looking at parts and am a little overwhelmed.

First, why the hell are GPUs as expensive as a used car?!?! Like seriously, I’m getting tired of corporate greed! Also, a lot of them look like they’re the size of a mini fridge! I can’t imagine how hot they must get, I’m not looking to build a toaster oven. Anyways, my last GPU was an NVidia 1660ti and I was quite content with its performance. It just doesn’t look like anything has been released to replace its spot in the hierarchy of midrange GPUs.

I don’t game like I used to, so I really don’t need all the bells and whistles, but what I do want is longevity and efficiency. The only games I plan on playing are Dbd, TTCM, Witcher 3 and that’s all I can think of for now. I’m also unsure if I want to go 4k resolution. I’m updating my monitor as well but can’t figure out if 4k is worth it yet. So if y’all can give me recommendations on both, I’d appreciate it. I like future proofing and want this system to last at least 10 years.

Also, I’ll probably go the AMD route (unless one of you can convince me otherwise). Do they make good chips with integrated graphics? I’d like it as a back up in case the GPU ever fails and I would be SOL until I get a new card.

Finally, I’m trying to reduce wires and clutter. I was thinking to go the Mac route but I remembered why I hated Apple when I looked at upgrade prices(it’s obscene). Are there GPUs that can power monitors so I can have just one wire from the monitor to the tower and one from the tower to the outlet?

Okay, this is the actual “final” part. What wireless keyboards do you recommend? I have three cats and I’d like something that is easy to clean and fur resistant if at all possible.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and plz pray I win the lotto tomorrow so I can come back to my addiction sooner than later!

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Go to https://pcpartpicker.com/

At one time when I was planning on building a PC (during the outbreak). Before I decided to wait for the PS5 cheaper.

They have everything you're looking for I believe even pre builds and kits too.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,972
    Options

Thank you. I completely forgot that site existed.

May BHVR release a new Spirit Cosmetic that will push all of your buttons. (I’m assuming you’re a Spirit main due to your avatar).

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

No problem.

Yeah, sure am when I do play I main spirit and Kate.