Opinion: Dried Cherry Blossom change is a buff, not a nerf

Options
leowt
leowt Member Posts: 44

Reducing the Killer Instinct range from 4m to 3m allows Spirits to be more precise when getting out of her phase walk.

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,615
    Options

The thing is, this nerf is barely going to do anything. Having KI on Survivors while phasing is inherently an issue no matter the range on it. Whether it's 3 meters or 4 meters, it tells you where a survivor is (or tells you no one is at your current position) without having to actually make the prediction yourself which removes a lot of the skill and counterplay from Spirit especially since it also doesn't give survivors any feedback that it's there.

The addon should've just been reworked entirely, not nerfed.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,621
    Options

Not really. With 4m you were close enough to lunge at them with her. With 3m it is a bit harder to find the Survivor.

However, the nerf is not enough. They should have reworked the Add On competely, there should not be a way to get the exact location of a Survivor for a Spirit-player. From my experience (and I am not the best Spirit Player, not even close) you dont even need Dried Cherry Blossoms to get hits.

So a nerf for this Add On is justified, but removing 1m is not really it.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    Options

Remember the dust trails they were going to add original to Spirit. They could attach it to DCB then survivors would have some feedback that the spirit is using the perk. Of course this only helps experienced survivors and personally I would like to see the addon reworked instead. But I doubt BHVR will rework the addon before the mid-chapter release.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 920
    Options

I'm sure they will rework this addon before it gets in live version, it could be 1 meter, and still be strong, there shouldn't be any way to know the exact location from a survivor in phase unles hearing them

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,128
    edited July 2023
    Options

the nerf to spirit that she can use no other add-on except MDR and her yellow speed add-on. MDR is 25% but if you use yellow speed, 25%+10%=35%. so MDR is still same but it costs two add-on slots and all these other add-on she has are pointless. personally my build on spirit was MDR+yellow speed for 50% speed boost but now that build is nerfed.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,615
    Options

Yeah MDR nerf is significant for sure. I was referring to DCB specifically.

Her recovery addons actually have a purpose now though since duration won’t affect it anymore. So those aren’t bad either.

Yeah I remember that, that would give survivors feedback but I’m not sure it would prevent the addon from still being bad design despite that.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

They should let you see scratch mark with MDR now that it got nerfed so much. Would help casual players who don't use headset.