New Survivor Items (that won't ruin the game)
Survivors players have been wanting new items in the game for a while, but how can this be implemented without making the game and bloodwebs too chaotic. Well have I got an idea for you!
In order to not clutter the bloodwebs or make chests less likely to give out med kits and toolboxes when those are needed, I decided to make the change in the form of a perk. In this way the new items will only be found inside of trials and will not be in bloodwebs. Also for those not running the perk these items won't get in their way. The idea is that when running these perks, items found in chests are transformed into items that were keepsakes of survivors past that never escaped the Fog. Then the amount of items could be purely up to the developers imagination.
Darkest Simulacrum "Reliced possessions of dark hearted survivors lost to time."
When a survivor interacts with a chest, the items that can be retrieved are transmuted into items once used by survivors from trials past. Darkest Simulacrum changes this selection to items used by survivors that had less savory personalities. Often these items can grant fantastic abilities, but at a high cost to the user. Once the chest has been interacted with it will emit an eerie sound as will survivors who carry transmuted items (only this sound will be softer in this case). Items may be used every 80/70/60 seconds with 1/2/3 uses.
- Haunted Mirror Shard "A sliver of a shattered mirror possessed by a survivor bound by vanity." While in possession of this shard a survivor may activate it while sprinting to create an identical copy of themselves that moves in a mirrored pathway to their own leaving scratch marks and making noises (footsteps, grunts of pain if present and the sound indicators of rushed activities). This lasts for 15 seconds.
- Voodoo Doll "A trap for killers that hinders them in exchange for blood." Survivors carrying this item may stalk killers to charge the doll. Once charged the survivor can injure themselves becoming broken for 60 seconds in exchange for a negative effect on the killer. The killer is surrounded by a thick fog and cannot break objects (except for generators) or snuff boons for 20 seconds.
- Cursed Monkey's Paw "A disturbing trinket used by a practitioner of dark spells." Survivors with this item can choose to make a sacrifice to the trinket in return for a beneficial effect. Survivors may either teleport to a highlighted interactable, activate a boon without slotting a boon perk or they may have 8 seconds of endurance. Afterwards they will be slower at all actions by 10% for the duration of the item's cooldown.
- Shadow Cloak "An object of stealth used by a survivor lost to time." This cloak will grant survivors invisibility in much the same way as the Wraith, however their footsteps, breathing and grunts of pain are slightly louder. The invisibility breaks when they interact with any object or survivor.
- Essence Siphon "A talisman that uses the life force of the dead to strengthen the living." This item is empowered by spending 5 seconds at the location where a survivor died. It then grants a 20% speed bonus to all actions for 30 seconds activating whenever a survivor begins interacting with anything.
Righteous Reliquary "Reliced possessions of selfless heroes from trials past."
When a survivor interacts with a chest, the items that can be retrieved are transmuted into items once used by survivors from trials past. Righteous Reliquary changes this selection to items used by survivors who selflessly sacrificed for their teammates. These items can grant abilities, but with a cooldown for the user. Once the chest has been interacted with it will emit an beautiful chime as will survivors who carry transmuted items (only this sound will be softer in this case). Items can be used on a cooldown of 110/100/90 seconds.
- Spirit Walkie "A broken short range handheld radio for communicating in other ways." Whenever a survivor activates this item they see all other survivor's auras and leave a marker of their location visible to other survivors for the duration of the item's cooldown. This action with create a relatively loud radio static sound that killers may hear.
- Grappling Hook "Who brought this with them anyway?" Any survivor carrying this item may create a rope allowing for vaulting into vault points to high to reach. The rope lasts for all survivors for the duration of the item's cooldown.
- Spectral Lantern "A light in the darkness." This lantern will illuminate totems and killer interactables and traps (even when hidden) for 8 seconds. To recharge the lantern it must be held near a cleansed totem. Each totem may only recharge it once.
- Lost Journal "Pages filled with the experiences of an unknown survivor." Survivors with this item may see the aura of all objective interactables in a 40 degree cone across the entire map. When they select an item they will have 10% haste while heading in its general direction for 10 seconds.
- Cursed Doll "A slightly horrifying looking Victorian Doll." Survivors who hold this doll in their possession will emit a 64 meter ping every 110/100/90 seconds that reveals the killer's aura if present. In return the killer will see their aura every 110/100/90 seconds. The doll also still emits the chime noise associated with such items.
This last item would be available to both.
- Dimensional Locket "A path to escape or perhaps a path to heroism." This necklace will allow survivors to teleport from one chest to another making a loud unique noise notification at the chest they left from. Teleportation takes 8 seconds to charge. The chest they teleport to is random for the Simulacrum but choosable to the Reliquary. Normal cooldowns apply.
All of these items if not removed from the chests will appear as regular items for those in the trial not using these perks. They can be picked up by a survivor not using the perk from where a survivor dropped them though if extracted.
Please add your favorite ideas for items to this thread, or constructive fixes to these you feel would better balance them. Thank you for your time!