We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Does Made For This Need a Nerf?

Options
crustydustysock234
crustydustysock234 Member Posts: 19

Be brutally honest and explain why you think that way.

Does Made For This Need a Nerf? 92 votes

It doesn't need a nerf, it's a fair perk!
28%
MogyeszlulbrokedownpalaceValisticAnnso_xNoOneKnowsNovaGannTMAurelleGarlicRiceBiscuitsHugTheHagshirooo7oDavidHypnos09SHARKBOSSEEPAriel_StarshineNikolaiflywrongtoe220HeaphaistosLovely_Peaches 26 votes
It needs a nerf asap, it's unfair!
60%
GibberishpandorayrBlueberryF60_31KaethelaDBD78tenoresaxHermitEmealRobotfangirl67UniSansTatariuSlamitieShinobuSKMarc_go_soloHeaderHerachi_SakuraViktor1853fussysizzlingmario4 56 votes
I genuinely don't care
10%
Dhurl421IlliterateGenocideXendritchEvan_rvzrvzrvzCatnipLoveJusta335iJokyAzzEggyTheSingularity 10 votes

Comments

• Luv2NotHateDBD
    Luv2NotHateDBD Member Posts: 37
    Options

It's like running reliance it promotes a high-risk high reward style playthrough.

It's balanced around that you can use it with exhaustion so it can't become problematic like old dead hard.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

Just remove the secondary effect and its fine

Maybe setting it to 2% would work, but that may be a massive nerf so it has to be tested.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I think it's fine. It's a mid perk at most.

• Nikolaifly
    Nikolaifly Member Posts: 46
    Options

I think its a good perk that only is used when your at risk. Im completely and entierly fine with them removing the endurance effect. Killers going absolutley crazy over a 3% speed boost is wild funny. Killer mains will complain about literally everything and its just so disgusting that survivors get everything nerfed and killers get 1 small nerf or the survivors get 1 good perk and the killers loose their minds.

TLDR: killers need to chill out and MFT isnt overpowered and rewards risky playstyles, im find with removing the endurance.

• Valistic
    Valistic Member Posts: 9
    Options

I think it's a fair perk, you can remove the endurance effect, and i wouldnt care but, i do have to say that this perk is problematic on some maps.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Honestly it's fine as it is but if removing the endurance effect makes people happy I wouldn't mind it being taken away, but nerfing the speed effect or adding even more conditions would make it useless.

• Nash
    Nash Member Posts: 24
    Options

People need to play mindgames as sometimes chaining the tile could result a hit with normal speed, mft killed some part of it. Some loops can be mindgamable, mft killed them. The game have bad rng which can waste a lot of time to the killer, with mft it could be an infinite. So that speed boost isn't fine, for example the midwich hall way takes about 18sec to walk through with hope alone, and about 17sec to walk through with mft alone. 3% is not that small of an effect as it feels to be.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

No, no more nerfing. I can't take the nerfing anymore. It's made things useless and I really dislike that, all it creates is perk bloat, and I end up with a huge list of useless perks.

Buff other things to counter, keep up, or create new perks. Think before creating something. Stop listening to people who can't counter it and QQ about it instead of learning to counter it. Or like I said, give them a buff to deal with it.

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 168
    Options

when be hit just like the 【Overcome】

The difference is:

Overcome have 40s  Exhausted and only triggered by become injured, not become Endurance to Deep Wound.

overcome need killer chase 23s.

=============================================

but【made for this】also need killer chase 23s after hit.

and not causes the Exhausted.

【made for this】also can Benefit from Endurance.

============================================

overcome only when Forced into the path near the killer will be more effective.

made for this have Gain the Endurance Status Effect for 6/8/10 seconds after completing a Healing action on another Survivor.

=========================================

so the build is

[made for this]+[Off the Record]+[Decisive Strike]+[Dead Hard]

unhook and killer hit , just like hit a overcome survivor.

killer chase 23s and eat the strike. continue chase 15s.

then survivor use Styptic Agent or heal Almost done injured survivor to get 10s endurance to afford another hit and down.

then they teammate use flashlight or flashbang or Pallets to save.

chase 15s and use dead hard to make killer chase another 15s.

is total 23(off the record hit)+15(strike)+23(agent or endurance)+15(save or deadhard)+15(deadhard)=76s~91s

attack cool down(2.7)+pick up(3) + move to hook(0~10) + hook(2) + move to gen(0~15)=7.7~32.7s

76+7.7=83.7s min

91+23.7=123.7s max

so, I think made for this need to nerf

• Lovely_Peaches
    Lovely_Peaches Member Posts: 8
    Options

okay but youre counting in things that dont really happen evrytime.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I genuinely don't care

There's 100's of these posts and they all devolve into anger and bitterness. What was the point in making another post? Hell, you don't even have an opinion to put across. It's like you saw that people had stopped screaming at each other over MFT for a day and decided to add a bunch of fuel to get people going again.

I get people don't like MFT, but is sitting around malding in these threads doing you any good? It's like people actually want to be angry all time time and actively seek out things that p* them off.

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 168
    Options

it happens every time.

it means:

the 【overcome】 only batter than 【made for this】 when survivor need rush to killer's face or

Run to a place where the killer has shortcut.

At the same time [made for this] have Endurance.

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

It's literally like old dh without a cooldown, buying you extra time around a loop except over and over again instead of just once, and even without i-frames it's still significant vs top tiers. Not to mention its insane synergies with dh and hope, and the endurance part which is a very strong and honestly often unfair effect, easily top 2-3 survivor perks. This perk tells me bhvr stopped caring about free distance like they used to with old dh, and that they'll continue to make perks like this such as dramaturgy now, which won't be anywhere near on the level of bs as mft, but still shows how comfortable bhvr is with the flawed design philosophy of ggez free distance

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

if you're not a ranged killer, chases take FOREVER

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

it's literally a 20% boost against m1 and 30% against m2 killers and at the same time you can use attrition perks and at the same time you get endurence and at the same time the perk does not require anything from the survivor + the perk affects weak killers the most

a perk like this shouldn't exist

imagine if noed worked from the start and couldn't be destroyed

• crustydustysock234
    crustydustysock234 Member Posts: 19
    Options

I do have an opinion. I just wanted to see what others thought about it. After hearing both sides, I think it could use a slight nerf. Remove the Endurance Status Effect or add a time limit (say 180 seconds or so). Originally, I thought it was OP and unbalanced, but I realized that if I continued to blame MFT for my bad killer performances, I would never improve.

Made For This is certainly a strong perk, but it is better than Lithe or Sprint Burst? Certainly not. If you can use them in chase extremely well, it gives you the same if not more value than MFT in chase. If you are on the verge of losing a match because of 1 extra loop from MFT, you aren't as good as you think. As for the argument of "Hope + MFT", if you're constantly getting to the endgame where Survivors now can use Hope in addition to MFT, then you just suck at this game.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 380
    edited July 2023
    Options

People will realise how strong 3% more movement speed really is, once they played as or against a Hag with the new waterlogged shoe, and this one is basically just 2,5%.

Devs should not touch movement speeds.

• Meepy13
    Meepy13 Member Posts: 108
    Options

But it doesn't force a high risk high reward playstyle, if you just play like normal you get 20% longer chases with 0 downsides

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 576
    Options

Trash perk with a problematic design, nerf already.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options

its fine 3% speed can be countered if you play with your brain <-- not tryin to B mean just makin a point

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,596
    Options
    I genuinely don't care

I'm fine either way.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

The endurance part is overkill and could easily have been its own perk, so MFT feels like a 2-in-1 perk to me and needlessly so.

I'd also remove the ability to stack with Hope or other speed buffs, instead becoming active once Hope has expired.

The 3% speed boost whilst injured feels fine though. The perk felt like a good idea, which they felt needed to be given a face lift when it looked perfectly fine to begin with, making it look nasty. It's like a not very skilled-player dev wasn't very good in chases as injured, nor being attacked whilst healing, and decided they wanted it all thrown together in one perk so they could pretend they were good.

• NexusGamingWolff
    NexusGamingWolff Member Posts: 3
    Options

Imo MFT should be left alone because:

The 3% speed is fair when injured

Endurance status effect can be used for a smart play

Stacking other speed perks I have no opinion on that because I don't mind whether other speed perks example: Hope can stack with MFT, whether by itself or stacking with other speed perks I have no opinion on this

Deactivating it when your exhausted is also fair as for killers to counter this perk for example:

Blood Echo

FearMonger (Mind breaker)

Genetic Limits

Septic Touch

Or any addons that has exhausted status effect, etc.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

Same issue that we run into with any strong perk: it only truly hurts killers who already suck. A Nurse or Blight won't be bothered by MFT (if they even notice it) but a Pig or Trapper may as well have already lost if they go against multiples of it, especially if they eat the endurance hit.

• nemimainC
    nemimainC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 22
    Options

definitely does not deserve gutting, but they should at least get rid of the endurance. some perks do barely anything at all while 2 great effects are plopped onto 1 perk. it genuinely makes no sense. maybe give the haste more of a prerequisite than just "injured." maybe like give it a renewal type of deal? heal someone fully then get the 3% until healed or downed.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    Options

At bare least remove the endu, so overkill. Then maybe make the effect only last X time after being injured that refreshes when your health state changes

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I record statistics for my games and I play the best build possible (for solo survivor), this perk doesn't even make the list. I could see it being decent in SWFs, but the vast majority of players play alone.

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options
    I genuinely don't care

I couldn't care less if MFT gets nerfed, and i use it on my No-Mither gigachad build.

On the bright side, it would clean up all the MFT nonsense on here.

Seriously, its like after Deadhard was nerfed everyone was looking for SOMETHING to complain about and grasped to this.