We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

As survivor, do you normally bring items into the trial, or do you find them in the trial?

Options
Exerlin
Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I'm curious as to how everyone approaches items in this game.

As survivor, do you normally bring items into the trial, or do you find them in the trial? 35 votes

I bring my own item.
42%
F60_31brokedownpalaceChordycepsoxygen[Deleted User]ValisticBothSidesEnjoyerxni6_brewingteaGensByDaylightJonOzzie16narsZASSRANmadoniflicksLovely_Peaches 15 votes
I look for items during the trial
14%
Science_GuyOnryosTapeRentalsExerlincrustydustysock234JokyAzz 5 votes
I bring my own item, but I also look for other items
28%
EQWashuAetherBytesChikyHugTheHagZashimiN7DavidHypnosJdoHybrid428SleepyHEnderkondaL3g3nd713 10 votes
I don't use items at all
14%
BlueberrySlamitieGrunbarCatnipLoveFKAGenesis 5 votes

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 622
    Options

I almost never bring my own items into the trial. The only time I do is when I have a challenge to deplete a certain item or get blinds or something.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

If I have to spend bloodpoints on them I’m gonna bring them. If it’s something I won’t use - like a flashlight - I’ll offer it to teammate.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,865
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I don't use items at all

I'll sometimes bring flashlights for the funsies but other than that unless it's for a challenge I basically never bring medkits or toolboxes. Why? Because the the game is already ridiculously unbalanced enough without them. If I actually needed them to win then either me or my team is playing very badly and we don't deserve to win anyway.

The difference between throwing something like 4 medkits into the game and having none is like night and day. It isn't a 10% better chance of winning, it's like an advantage of telling you to do 2 extra gens. I'm obviously being a bit hyperbolic here, but it's to get the point across of how significant of a sway items have over a match.

Also, while flashlights can add fun, medkits and toolboxes do not, they're literally just there to increase your chance of winning.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,985
    Options

I'll usually bring items in, though theres not really a plan and they're there as a "Just in case this proves to be useful" kinda thing. Not beyond looking for better items in a trial though

• crustydustysock234
    crustydustysock234 Member Posts: 19
    Options

I rarely bring items, so I'm more on the "i look for items" fence. I usually bring in a chest build for guns.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 258
    Options

Depends if I run my meme chest build tbh.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Mostly I bring my own items (browns and yellows only because I am a rare item gremlin and must hoard) but I've had a lot of fun with chest builds too, so sometimes I'll just look through chests.

Sometimes if my medkit runs out and a chest is nearby, I'll also try it out.

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options
    I bring my own item.

>I'll sometimes bring flashlights for the funsies but other than that unless it's for a challenge I basically never bring medkits or toolboxes. Why? Because the the game is already ridiculously unbalanced enough without them. If I actually needed them to win then either me or my team is playing very badly and we don't deserve to win anyway.

I bring items every game, 100% of the time, to counter this guy's attempts to throw.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,271
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I bring my own item.

I'll usually slap on something simple like a yellow flashlight with a brown battery or a brown medkit.

Why? I'm a hoarder, simple as. Flashlights are just fun to have just in case and brown medkits I actually have enough of to not feel like I'm hurting my hoarding instincts too hard by bringing one.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,943
    Options

I'm a hoarder. I try to look for chests once the gates are powered to add to my collection.