We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Hot take: Blight should be a 110% movement speed killer

Options
ChuckLit
ChuckLit Member Posts: 59

So apart from some of his addons allowing him to do pretty gross stuff (alchemist ring, blighted crow, adrenaline vial, both iridescent addons), this killer has insane mobility while also being able to hit survivors as he's traveling with the speed of light. If the devs don't want to touch his base-kit, they should at least make him 5% slower. I mean... His power is way too deadly to be a normal speed killer in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and his addons need to go. Give him the Nurse or 2020 Hillbilly treatment please. (Even though Billy didn't deserve it.)

Hot take: Blight should be a 110% movement speed killer 54 votes

I agree
46%
brokedownpalacerafajspJawsIsTheNextKillerAetherBytesMazoobiGannTMGuiltiiAurellePogbertChampersonJheimizark3DudelPumaleowtSteakdabaitCatnipLoveJonOzzie16DavidHypnosChrisPyreBoons123EEP 25 votes
I do not agree
53%
GibberishOnryosTapeRentalsExerlinJustAShadowtenoresaxHermitEmealRobotfangirl67MapersonFobboCrusaderNellaBasementDwellerViktor1853sizzlingmario4AoltreStroggzArchol123GensByDaylightsanees09SHARKBOSS 29 votes

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,049
    Options
    I do not agree

Really the only thing about Blight that needs changing is Alchemist's Ring. He's fine otherwise.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options
    I do not agree

I'd say his basekits completely fine. I dislike the idea of changing his movement speed. 110% killers typically can injure you from anywhere, regardless of distance. Deathslinger can get you in his sights, huntress can hit you as long as she can see you, hag is guaranteed a hit on a teleport, spirit just gets to move 3m/s faster with no movement restrictions. Trickster is really the only exception to that rule, essentially being an extended melee antilooper than a true ranged killer. Blight can gain distance super duper quickly and all, but he still needs to actually gain it.

I'd agree if he worked like spirit. Spirit has no restrictions her movement at all. if spirit knows where you are, she will be able to hit you. There is no loop where using her power is risky or a bad idea if you are skilled with her. This isnt true for blight. Due to restrictions on his maneuverability there are plenty of situations where you need to wait for the right opportunity. The opportunity isnt always open to you. And making him 110% would make it take so much longer just to have those opportunities.

but, if I were forced to choose a basekit nerf, this would be it.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    Options
    I agree

if spirit is 110% then i don't understand why blight isn't too lmao

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,331
    Options
    I do not agree

Several of Blight’s addons need nerfs/reworks but making him 110 is going too far. Pretty much every single one of his good addons needs to be changed imo, including speed addons. But if they do that, he’d be fine after that. There’s nothing wrong with his basekit.

• nars
    Options
    I do not agree

spirit has no restrictions on her movement blight does

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    Options
    I agree

They're not restrictive enough especially how you are able to ignore a rather large part of them via an exploit

• nars
    Options
    I do not agree

still quite hard to turn, it isnt as if he just clicks a button and gains 5m of speed he needs to move very linearly. Even with hug tech that just saves a token. If he were 110 there would be plenty of loops he just wouldnt be playable on.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options
    I agree

The biggest problem is his addons, but nerfing them might still leave him too strong. Where would this change leave Blight? A tier? B tier? He would still be stronger then other killers. I'd love this to be tested in a PTB, if it turns out it leaves him F-tier then revert it.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

Sorry I feel silly, I don't know what hot take is. I'm an actress and I know we do takes when filming, that's about it haha.

I feel Blights add ons need a nerf along with that bug the devs mentioned, hug tech? If it's a bug, it needs fixing. AFAIK it's been left alone for a long time. Bugs should be addressed asap imho. :)

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329
    Options
    I agree

so true man omggg yeah!! Alci Ring is absolutly boosted and broken, one of the balanced addons ingame are: Adre Vial, Compont 33, double speed, onehit addon (map offering + slug build), he is 115% speed has 10sec ability cooldown (if he use all 5 tokens)

he is fine :))) but spirit with 110% speed, 15sec cooldown, her ability is weaker compare to Blights ability, but she got her 87ths nerf, why is that ? easy, data! at bhvr it doesn't matter what the reality looks like as long as the stats don't say so, "data data data data data" community: but bhvr!, "data?? data data data only data! but if you all give us an shitsturm then we wanna change something"as an example, who would come up with the idea of ​​changing addons from Billy, Twin? no one asks, never! but bhvr looks at the 20 people who are still having fun with the killers and see how most of them are playing the same addons (because the poor killers almost only have garbage addons) and bhvr is like "ok we have to nerf them because THE DATA SAY THAT!!!"

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 168
    Options
    I do not agree

nope, Blight rush Limit the viewing angle.

survivors can Take advantage of this(limit angle)

just like you can't nerf Huntress Flying axes ,because you don't know how to dealing with the axe.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,523
    Options
    I do not agree

idk about 110m/s but maybe 40m TR so we can atleast get 1 more second of running before he hits us.

• MalevolentGhoster
    MalevolentGhoster Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I do not agree

let's say that really happen, then what are the blight's new players gonna do without the speed addons? They dont know how to to flick, dont know much techs, doesnt have the muscle memories to play him, so you would rather let them have the worst experience with blight than at least let them be a m1 killer? The best thing with blight is that he's the best killer behavior ever made, his ability is a based skill, you can counter him if you know about his techs, so it's your skill issues if you see he's strong. The addons is either good or bad based on your skill, about speed addons the faster you go the faster you have to think before he bump into something and get fatigue or he could just not bump into anything and run miles away from you and lost you. Alchemist ring is an addon that encourage you to use his ability, you hit a survivor you get the token, if you're bad at rushing, then the alchemist ring is wasted. Adrenaline Vial decrease your turn rate heavily, so its all about your bump logics and flicks. Blight Tag is about how you manage with tokens to get the final hit. So my conclusion is: You just have some skill issues, lost to a blight who's good for a couple of matches, got mad and then post these kind of things up here

• MalevolentGhoster
    MalevolentGhoster Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I do not agree

Remove the hug tech, blight will be more stronger. No more slippery obstacles, no more miss bumping, after that, it's all about bump logics and flicks, removing that will only make him more stronger and easy to chase for both new player and mains

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 447
    Options
    I do not agree

Blight's basekit is fine, his power takes time to master and while he is arguably the 2nd strongest Killer in the game, he must still move through the environment unlike Nurse who disregards every regular mechanic.

Some of his add-ons however are a bit too strong and could use some tweaking (Alchemist Ring comes to mind, this thing should be an Iri add-on or have some kind of downside). Even some of his green and purple add-ons arguably surpass most Iri add-ons of other Killers in terms of sheer enhancements.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    I agree

Some of his addons need reworked or changed. Don't really know how well 110% would work for Blight. It kinda makes sense because he's a high mobility killer, but his movement and abilities also gets restricted (Kinda like Hillbilly). I say let it be tested and if it turns out to be bad, revert it/don't let it go to the live version of the game.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Spirit originally 115 also? I can't imagine they won't make him 110 at some point. The real question is, how long will it take?

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475
    Options
    I agree

If Blight get nerfed, the tryhards are not going to make their 4k comp game anymore. (Including my dog which mains Blight btw)

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options
    I do not agree

but he could be nerfed some other way