We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What does everyone think of MFT and Hope?

Options
NoOneKnowsNova
NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782

Both MFT and Hope have been used a lot more recently due to their ability to increase a survivors speed to 112% during the endgame, and while a lot of people believe MFT is problematic individually, I wanted to see what people think of the combo specifically.

What does everyone think of MFT and Hope? 37 votes

MFT with Hope is balanced
13%
brokedownpalacecrustydustysock234EEPskrrr_DJ_ 5 votes
MFT with Hope isn't balanced and MFT is the problem
48%
OnryosTapeRentalsKaethelaWylrintenoresaxEmealHeaderfussysizzlingmario4BothSidesEnjoyerIron_CutlassChikyRpTheHotrodNashZashimiN7narsDepressedlegionjaneobviouslydoedetgip 18 votes
MFT with Hope isn't balanced and Hope is the problem
5%
NoOneKnowsNovao7o 2 votes
MFT with Hope isn't balanced and both perks are problematic
13%
F60_31Robotfangirl67GensByDaylightsaneesFrogsplosion 5 votes
MFT with Hope isn't balanced but neither perks are problematic
18%
SlamitiejayoshiHalloulleHugTheHagSteakdabaitDavidHypnosBlueMoonBRUHMOMENT 7 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    Options

Didn't wanna sound biased within the post so I made a comment instead, Hope shouldn't stack with other perks that increase the movement speed of the survivor. While MFT could do with some changes, I think the 3% increased movement speed part of the perk is fine. 112% is too much however.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

Strictly in the context of the MFT+Hope combination, I think it's the stacking that's the problem not either perk specifically. There should be a cap to haste stacking - either because haste doesn't stack at all, some perks can't stack with others (either by exclusion in the description, because there is a haste cap or some other way).

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

MT + Hope is not such a big problem because Hope is already doing all the work. Hope only works in endgame, so I'm ok with that. And I don't think it's necessary to limit on stacking of any perks. It's cool when you can combine perks with each other.

I'm NOT ok with a perk that gives game changing advantage for free, without any conditions and restrictions, during the whole game.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

MFT + Hope is 110% I’m not sure where you got the other 2? And imo being injured is a condition - same as with resilience.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    Options

Ive just found out hope isnt 9% at Tier 3 T^T My bad

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,329
    Options

Hope is a perk that rewards you for getting to endgame. That's a very limiting restriction it has and so I'm okay with its direct strength for that reason.

Made for This doesn't have that and simply requires that you be injured and not exhausted which is, at some point, inevitable in most matches. Movement speed shouldn't be so unconditional and shouldn't be available for such a large portion of the game - it should either be highly restrictive (eg. Hope, Blood Pact, Play With Your Food) and/or be on a short time limit (eg. Devour Hope, Guardian). And this is before even mentioning MFT's second effect which makes it even stronger than it would be with just the movement speed.

That said, regardless of MFT + Hope or any other specific combination, I also think the ability for Haste (and Hindered, while we're at it) to stack in general should be removed from both sides and only the strongest available Haste modifier should take effect at any given time. Unlike most other positive modifiers that can stack together which typically have diminishing returns the more you stack (eg. action speeds like repairing and healing), survivor movement speed actually gets stronger when you stack more of it:

• The 3% from MFT normally means you're reducing the killer's speed advantage by 20% (assuming it's a 115 killer, 0.12m/s of the 0.6m/s speed advantage they have on the survivor).
    • But when you stack it with Hope, Hope already cuts down a 115 killer's speed advantage to 0.32m/s (7% of survivor running speed is 0.28m/s), so MFT is then a 37.5% reduction in the killer's remaining speed advantage from that point (0.12 / 0.32).

TL;DR: Hope is fine, nerf MFT, and remove Haste stacking on both sides.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

Hope has existed since forever and it hadn't been an issue...

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    Options

haste just shouldn't stack and the problem is fixed

• Nash
    Nash Member Posts: 24
    Options

Hope is never a problematic perk, the thing is MFT grants you higher chance to activate Hope by extend the chase time and not many killers have decent mobility so most killers have mid to weak map pressure, now with MFT the chase pressure is lower so the perk is definitely the problem here imo.

• ZashimiN7
    ZashimiN7 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Honestly, with its very High Usage, I think that as soon as the Behaviour dev that looks at the Excel spreadsheet they have for balance sees the bright neon number of uses this perk has it will get its change. So maybe year end or early next year

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,865
    Options

Hope is fine, the problem is MFT

• Wylrin
    Wylrin Member Posts: 98
    Options

Tentative vote here.

Hope is fine, having a massive condition to be met that often isn't met.

Made For This is a perk I'm not really sure what to think about. In practice, I honestly don't really even notice it when I play as a killer. But I know that I'm not a high level killer, so the survivors I'm facing definitely aren't utilizing the perk to its fullest potential. I can easily imagine how devastating an additional 3% movement speed can be for a survivor who's extremely skilled at looping, however, even if the killer is evenly matched in chasing.

It kind of feels like Boon: Dark Theory in that it does nothing for lower to maybe even middle level survivors in terms of skill, but if you're highly skilled, you don't really need the help. An additional 2% isn't going to do anything if you don't know how to run different loops efficiently, and while 2% could squeeze even more time out of powerful loops for good runners, the survivor in question is probably at a skill level where they don't need it to be efficient.

However, Boon: Dark Theory is a boon. It has a limited range, requires setup, and depending on totem placement, it might not even encompass loops worth getting extra use of. You could probably hunt down a totem that's well-placed, but the point of extra movement speed is to help in chases. The point of chases is to give more time for generators. So why not just sit on a generator at that point?

Made For This, however, is just... a constant effect. The injured requirement is barely a requirement. Given the change to medkits and the frequent use of Sloppy Butcher (from what I've seen lately, at least) it's honestly probably better to just stay injured. Doesn't waste time and makes you faster, so honestly, why would you even heal yourself in that scenario? A survival horror game where the victims actively choose to stay vulnerable to their pursuer because it's actually a benefit seems really silly in concept. And that's not even getting into game mechanics. Some killers' powers are basically rendered inert when survivors choose to stay injured, and now with this perk, they have even more incentive to just stay injured.

You could say that Resilience is in the same ball park of possessing the sole requirement of being injured, which is true, of course, but Resilience isn't a constant effect while injured. You either have to be vaulting to make use out of it, or risk staying injured for increased speed on generators and whatnot. And with Resilience, aside from vaulting speed (which is hardly to be dismissed, of course, but it remains just one thing) there's nothing protecting you should the killer happen upon you. Made For This applies a constant speed boost, and in what scenario is increased movement speed not beneficial? Even if it's just hopping to a new generator faster, it's always being helpful.

Not to say that Resilience isn't helpful, but I feel like there's a more balanced risk/reward ratio with Resilience whereas with Made For This, you have more rewards with less risk involved. Yeah, both perks require the same condition of being injured, but when Made For This makes you faster all the time, being injured suddenly isn't as much of a risk as it once was. I suppose technically it's the same risk involved with both perks, but I feel like you get more consistent use out of Made For This than Resilience.

And you definitely get more use out of Made For This than Boon: Dark Theory. Unlimited range, no setup required, larger speed boost. It's a far superior version of Boon: Dark Theory with basically none of the requirements of Boon: Dark Theory.

Having said all of that, does that make Made For This problematic? I don't pretend to know. Though I will say it feels thematically ridiculous encouraging survivors to stay injured when they should be fearing for their lives. I will also say that it definitely feels like a perk that is useless in the hands of some and perhaps overpowered in the hands of others. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, given that most perks in Dead by Daylight basically amount to "run perk, get use out of perk" without any skill involved. I like the idea of perks that have more nuance beyond merely using a perk slot, but this same aspect makes balancing an absolute nightmare, because how do you balance something that is both almost worthless and god-tier at the same time, depending on who's using it?

I think Made For This brings into question whether perks should vary in usefulness depending on utilization of the player, or if perks should generally remain "equip it and forget it," if that makes sense, like most are currently. If we can answer that question, maybe we can better analyze what exactly Made For This brings to the game, and whether that is something we want to keep or not.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 631
    edited July 2023
    Options
    MFT with Hope isn't balanced and both perks are problematic

I know what I voted is a bit weird and I get it. But the whole Hope and MFT combo is is a pain to deal with. I mean I just feel that survivors shouldn’t be faster then some killers especially the 110 ones. I just feel that yes Hope only activates at endgame.I just feel that endgame goes on for too long like some other’s suggested. I will also say that certain maps also make both perks problematic.

Sorry for contradicting myself but I just feel if we tone down the maps more and those perks then they would not be so much a problem. So I hope that they continue to work and nerf those certain maps and perks then everything will be even more balanced.

Post edited by Robotfangirl67 on