We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

We have to buy cosmetics for Nicholas Cage paragraph

Options
Vanishlord
Vanishlord Member Posts: 476
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Can someone tell me what was going through BHVR's head when they thought lets force people to buy cosmetics if they don't want to buy Auric cells. I for one don't like to use Auric cells as I prefer to buy. I know you can get Auric cells but on principle it is a cheap business tactic.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,829
    Options

I guess the licensing has something to do with it. Plus he's going to be pretty popular and from a business perspective it would be really bad to not profit from this, which probably has cost them. I doubt Cage is cheap. It makes sense.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,312
    Options

Licensed Chapter. So you can either expect that Nicolas Cage wanted more money from purchases OR BHVR had to pay quite a bit for the license and this way they try to get money back for acquiring the license. And in the end, they are still a company and companies are no charity and want to make money. And either way, Nicolas Cage also wants money for his license.

I just think the other option would not be to offer the DLC for 5 bucks instead of 10, the other option would have probably just been to not bring Nicolas Cage into the game.

• Vanishlord
    Options

Exactly! He wasn't even one people were insanly hyped for. People would much prefer FNAF or something

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,878
    Options

We have 2 chapters left to see if we’re right. Probably November cause it makes more sense

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 376
    Options

why are people still surprised BHVR prioritise money over anything else?

• Vanishlord
    Options

Obviously when he was announced he was hyped but no one was praying for him to come to the game.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,312
    Options

If people pray for FNAF to come to DBD, I really dont want to know if those really exist. But FNAF-Fans are quite fanatic about their game, which is also the main reason why I dont want it. Especially because they wont stop, if they get one Chapter, they think there should be more chapters with other Animatronics.

• Vanishlord
    Options

You are right. In the end that is the same price as it would usually have been. Also are his perks any good I heard one of them puts you into the dying state?

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,030
    Options

His perks are all fun. Not denying that.

"Dramaturgy" gives you a mini SB (2s 125% speed) on command, but you need to be healthy. It also triggers randomly one of 4 effects: Exposed for 12s, scream, get a green item with addons or get the mini SB again.

"Scene Partner" activates in the TR. When you look at the killer you scream and see his aura for 6s (I think). You have the chance to scream again adding 2s to the duration. The amount of times you can scream seems not to have a limit as I once screamed 6x in a row. The perk has 60s cooldown.

"Plot Twist" let's you enter dying state silently when injured and crouching. You make no noise and leave no blood. You can recover fully, get a 4s SB with 150% and are fully healed. The perk deactivates till the end game. Then you can use it once again.

Scene Partner is OK. Dramaturgy is good if you manage to heal and the item you get can save you (I got a Toolbox with BNP which helped a lot with the last gen).

Plot Twist can make nice plays to confuse the killer (f.e. if you die in a bush around a corner) and can really help in EGC scenarios when you need to be healed.

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192
    Options

I don't know why people are upset by this tbh. Auric cells aren't a cheap tactic, they offer 500 Auric cells for £4 and that's exactly how much you need for a new character. If they sold it at 750 Auric Cells for £6 as the minimum amount knowing full well that you only need 500, that would be a cheap tactic, but they don't so it's really not an issue.

£4 pack of 500 Auric Cells = exactly 1 character. If you look at it this way, you aren't buying Auric Cells, you're buying a character. You pay for a DLC via Steam Wallet, you pay for Auric Cells via Steam Wallet. The money from the DLC goes to Steam, BHVR and Nicolas Cage. The money from the Auric Cells goes to Steam, BHVR and Nicolas Cage. There is literally no difference. All these people moaning about the DLC price are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Also somehow this thread became about FNAF? I personally love FNAF but I really don't think it's coming to DBD anytime soon and here's why. FNAF is more than a game to most fans, the appeal isn't the gameplay, it's the treasure hunt for lore. Fans deconstruct source code, completely strip websites for information and look into every nook and cranny for a shred of lore because the story is so carefully crafted. The licence holders (Steelwool) are very likely to want to keep hold of the license as giving it to other developers takes away some of their control over the story. Above that, if I were a game developer I wouldn't touch FNAF with a barge pole. That's just asking for fans to hyper analyse every decision you make, and that is stress I think BHVR does not need lmao.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,878
    Options

I’m thinking it’s either Jason Voorhes, Predator, alien, Springtrap, Art the clown

• Vanishlord
    Options

I regret mentioning FNAF. I should have used another example. I like FNAF but i don't see how it would work in dbd therefore I think people wanting it to come are in for disappointment. This is just my opinion