Scorching Summer BBQ Is Coming Back!

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,136

Scorching Summer BBQ was when I first got DBD on PS4. It was free through PS+ at the time, and it's why Im playing the game today.

One of my friends just started playing the game, and Ive been teaching them all sorts of stuff about the game. And they finally get the experience the game like I got to experience it all the way back in 2018. It's perfect.

Thank you BHVR.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,161

I got to DBD just after the scorching summer BBQ but I have heard that most people consider it one of the best events BHVR did in the game. So it has some high expectations from me! :D

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I think I got into it just prior to the BBQ.

Clown was the newest Killer and vacuum vaults had just been removed, iirc.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,995

Oh, cool, I had missed that. I did know there would be some kind of event next month and I figured it might have a tome with it, but it's nice to have confirmation. Honestly, this is pretty great, if only because the July Rift was the only one without any accompanying event for it. Last year I didn't even bother keeping up with that season's tome because without the extra shards from the events it's still far too much of a grind.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,828

I remember playing last time, wasn't nearly as good as The Howling Ground event which Summer BBQ was clearly just a rehash of.

Hope this time around it'll be better and that there isn't any connection issue at the start of the event.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,136

BHVR has taken some of the older events and made them a lot more simple (e.g. Chinese New Years Events), but this event is just special to me.

The Grill Hooks and Margarita Machine Generators are really nice visually, Im hoping they bring back some of the older challenges combined with maybe even having some larger stuff to work towards.

• Leon_Scott_Kennedy
    Leon_Scott_Kennedy Member Posts: 126

Same here, I got to play right when this event was around

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,433

The visuals and music were great, the cosmetics of the event were decent, the gameplay how ever was just repairing specific gens and hooking on event hooks.

All in all it wasnt really that great of an event and I think most people are either just blinded by nostalgia or remember just how many good changes were coming out around that time and associate it to the event for some reason

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

What is the point of the event? Event gens and hooks like usual?

• Phyrqc
    Phyrqc Member Posts: 77

Welcome to 2 months ago.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,161

No but that's only because they are indifferent to margaritas.

Now make them Gogurt Treat Thing Generators...

• BreadSilence
    BreadSilence Member Posts: 77

I can't be the only one who has negative memories of this event right? Literally only one event gen/hook spawned pre-offerings, so if you were the only one who used an event offering and both of your hooks were on the far side of the map from where survivors would go down? Then oh well too bad!

Or if you played survivor you'd have killers purposely camping the only 1-2 margarita gens the entire game just so they could deny you the points and event progress.I

Hopefully they learned from last time and will make it so that ALL hooks and gens are event-related, and the offerings only affect whether or not you get extra bloodpoints for hooking/completing gens.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited August 2023

I hope that the event will last more than 2 weeks

Otherwise, lots of people, including me, will be in 'summer holidays / trip' during the whole event duration , without being able to join the party 🤔