We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Iridescent Videotape is too strong

Options
ReverseVelocity
ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,036
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

This addon provides far too much pressure combined with the reworks to the Condemned mechanic. Needing to run halfway across the map combined with the fact that Condemned is far easier to apply is just too much. It also makes it far easier for Sadako to interrupt you when carrying a Tape, which applies a significant amount of Condemned.

Another thing is that the "Turn off TV" interaction has been removed entirely, so taking a Tape against this addon prevents you from disabling any of her TVs apart from the highlighted one.

I think this addon needs a downside to accompany the strong effect. Perhaps reducing the amount of Condemned stacks gained when hitting a Survivor with a Tape to 1 would be a good compensation for how easy it is to interrupt a Survivor.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,021
    Options

No, if anything it should’ve been built into her base kit.

The only way it’s easier to apply condemn now is if the survivors are playing against her incorrectly. If you all take a tape and hold it she is overall applying much less condemn to people than before.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,036
    edited July 2023
    Options

You can in fact go hit the people with the Tapes.

In fact, it's even easier with this addon considering they usually have to run across the map to get rid of them. God forbid you throw in Mother's Comb as well, which lets you know exactly where and when people grab a Tape.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    edited July 2023
    Options

Basically old/early mori is back. It's like camping crutch and countless amount of "free out of jail cards" killers have to gain unfair advantage aren't enough. Let's add mori on top of it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,021
    Options

The rate at which you give each person condemn by hitting them with a tape is overall a much slower gain than her previous version unless as I mentioned before they are playing very badly.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 437
    Options

The last 4 or 5 Onryos I have faced have all ran the Iridecent add-on. It does make the games against her much more annoying. Teleport every 10 seconds, hit and run strategy, nobody wants to run across big maps to put the tape in a "specific" TV. It is true that she can interrupt you and place more condemned stacks on you while you're en-route to turn the tape in. Happens to me almost every time.

I think the add-on needs to also increase the cooldown time it takes for her to teleport to TVs or increase the time it takes for TVs she teleports to, to turn on.