We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Should BHVR remove or lessen the DC penalty since bots have been added?

Options
RoyalSpectre
RoyalSpectre Member Posts: 1

Since bots have been added to replace those that no longer wish to participate in a game they might not be having any fun in, should the dc penalty remain the same? I feel it is an unfair punishment to have a stackable penalty if you are continually queue sniped/targeted/or otherwise placed with the same killer (not player) repeatedly and don't want to continually play the same person and/or killer. the remaining players are not punished because an NPC fills the roll that would be vacant otherwise.

Should BHVR remove or lessen the DC penalty since bots have been added? 46 votes

Remove
15% 7 votes
Lessen (to an extent)
21% 10 votes
Don't touch the penalty
60% 28 votes
BHVR should give players the option to not play the same killer/person back to back
2% 1 vote

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,596
    Options

Penalty is fine as is.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

increase penalty. Killers dont like facing bots. DCs still make the game less fun for 1 player, just not everyone like before.

• DaEmeraldGamer
    DaEmeraldGamer Member Posts: 2
    Options

I think they should at least make a way to tell the difference between your game crashing and you dcing. I got a 2 minute ban the other day because my game crashed.

• zayslay
    zayslay Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

I think there should be a way to not give a penalty to the ones who’ve gotten one because of technical issues, completely unfair when it isn’t your fault you crash. Now I wait 6 hours……

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 612
    Options

The penalty should be more, and the bots should be a rarity when someone loses internet not playing every single match.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    Options

Lessened, there's too many ways for killers to play with the goal of making the gameplay worse that can't really be fixed without that fix being abused. There would 100% still be a pen to punish ppl who just rage dc or map cherry pickers

• IncaNova
    IncaNova Member Posts: 9
    Options

Lessened and some way to tell if someone willingly disconnected. Maybe even offer the ability to join back and take over the bot.

• IncaNova
    IncaNova Member Posts: 9
    Options

And to clarify I think it shouldn't be able to go past 10 hours. I think it should go to about 5 and if you keep leaving after 5 it bumps up to 10.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

You left out the "increase the penalty" choice that 50+% would choose.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    Options

The bots are useless, they need to train the bots so they do not run around and sabotage the game. I had one 99 a door and as I ran towards the door with the killer right on my tail it just walked away. With the old system I could have got the hatch. It would also be nice to have at least bot killers to even out the nonsense. I hate trying to do a daily and have the killer DC because they got outplayed and you can't open an exit gate to complete your daily task. Even if the killer bot just stood there it would at least allow you to get bloodpoints for the rest of the game. If the killer dcs early it is a waste of time, low scoring, and you will derank.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    Options

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 930
    Options

The penalty are fine

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options

i have been hit 5 times in a row by the penalty bc of my bad wifi :-(