We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Should bots miss skillchecks?

Options
Pepsidot
Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,658

Sometimes bots miss skillchecks and it might happen more than once or twice! To me, it seems to happen too often, from my limited observations!

So, should bots miss skillchecks?

Should bots miss skillchecks? 35 votes

Yes - Occasionally
5%
F60_31Felgoose 2 votes
Yes - Rarely
8%
Scary_Punk_Ghostleon_helpOlnofelk 3 votes
Yes - Very rarely
57%
xEaPepsidotsurv43zoozoom6Dhurl421jessiejanemuertoGillyBeannnPogbertChampersonsizzlingmario4AoltreSpaghettiVaseshirooJonOzzie16EEPVorahk08SAF3TYRA1LSDepressedlegionSleepyHTurtleJuiceSkillfulstone 20 votes
No
28%
NAERUUUOctoCatGuiltiiAurelleDEMONANCEDeathstrokeBoons123QuinfuzzballTheSingularityBlightedTrapper 10 votes

Comments

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yes - Very rarely

I don't think they should regularly miss them. I also don't think they should miss struggle checks or wiggle checks. Maybe if the the survivor had been running any type of gen perks like hyperfocus, they have a slightly increased chance to miss. But they are missing way too often right now.

Edit: forgot to actually vote before commenting. So: Yes - Very rarely

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options
    Yes - Occasionally

I think they should miss pretty often except when cooperating on a gen or healing, in which case they should only have a chance to miss a skill check if they are affected by something meant to make those skill checks more difficult.

If you lose a top tier player to DC it should still be felt pretty hard. Only when losing a total noob should you maybe be better off with a bot.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 801
    Options
    No

absolutely not or at least very rarely i don't understand how they implement a feature that is supposed to help with dcs and make them able to sabotage the team like that.

they miss skill checks way too often

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,031
    Options
    No

They like every skill check which is even insulting. They're computers they should not miss any to be honest. Maybe one just rarely when they're fixing gen alone.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options
    Yes - Very rarely

i think they should hit good skill checks 100% of the time as a base line and have the chances be altered if there are perks or effects that affect skills checks ie. if madness t2 is in effect 10% of missing a skill check, if this is is not happening is active 10/90% split between great and good skillchecks etc.

• SAF3TYRA1LS
    SAF3TYRA1LS Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Yes - Very rarely

Don't they miss 1 in 5 skill checks? That's way too much imo, to match a realistic player, maybe abt 1in 20 they should miss

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Yes - Very rarely

It should be rare, but they should miss occasionally. Once or twice per game at the most, sometimes none at all.

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501
    Options
    No

Hmm, my opinon :

Bots are here for replace an salty mate (or bad internet mate).

Survivors who say in the game are penalized by their mate who dc'ed, so, I don't think that bots have to miss skillcheck and be worst than the guy who dc'ed.

Bots should be as the same (IA IQ) as the guy MMR, imagine the meta of new players game is to DC ...