We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Did you expect Alien to come out this chapter?

Options
notyarbllewe
notyarbllewe Member Posts: 213
edited August 2023 in Polls

Was xenomorph here a surprise, or did something make you think about it? It's an anonymous poll, so be honest! I honestly did not expect him.

Did you expect Alien to come out this chapter? 18 votes

I KNEW he was coming! There were many things that pointed towards him.
0% 0 votes
I had a feeling he was coming. There were a couple things that made me consider him.
16% 3 votes
I thought he was a possibility, but there wasn't enough to support it.
66% 12 votes
I did not expect him to enter The Fog; it surprised me!
16% 3 votes
I had NO idea who was joining!
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,244
    edited August 2023
    Options

Alien is one of the classics when it comes to old horror. The only reason xeno didn't come earlier imo is that dbd was always more about slashers and the devs didn't want scifi horror stuff to break that

• notyarbllewe
    Options

Talking about him being different, that might be one of the reasons why they didn't do any teasers this week. I think there were actually hidden teasers (like a cosmetic pack I believe released prior to him announced is called "Space Travel Collection", and I think this new map is a spaceship), but there probably isn't many things they can show that wouldn't just straight up reveal the xenomorph.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

I felt it was time. Also, the way the Singularity walks reminded me a bit of the movement of the Xenomorph, especially with how the legs were shaped, so I believe they were using the Singularity a bit like a test for playing with the models.

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 446
    edited August 2023
    Options

When they said "Big Ls are coming to the game" I had no idea what kind of licenses they were referring to.

So when the next chapter was Alien, I was surprised since the amount of things out there that are considered 'Big Ls'

• notyarbllewe
    Options

What do you mean by that? Truly, Alien is one of the most iconic licenses IMO, and it definitely has an "L"!

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 949
    Options

I’m surprised it wasn’t released for the anniversary. Though that may speak of a focus on refinement.

• notyarbllewe
    Options

Not coming out for Anniversary is what caused me to highly doubt Alien this chapter, but when Dredge came out during the 6th Anniversary, I thought it does make sense for original killers to come out for DbD's birthday, even if the next chapter is iconic like Wesker and now Alien.

Though they'd get tons of popularity with icons coming out in their peak months, it'd be a little funny IMO for a popular game to celebrate their birthday from something that's not even theirs.

Think about the new Bubba game: It'd be like celebrating their first birthday by bringing Myers as a Bubba skin despite the game solely being focused on the iconic Texas Chainsaw franchise.

A game should celebrate from what THEY'RE capable of, like DbD showing their true skill at making cool and unique originals.