The new vault "bug fix"

WOW some bug fix. This is the biggest survivor base kit buff since base kit borrowed time. How is this being called a bug fix when it is very clearly a massive buff. Vaults have never been like this for as far as I can remember. If this is a bug fix then the next bug fix needs to be that survivors can no longer use "tech" to get a fast vault in situations where they have no business getting a fast vault. It is next to impossible to hit a survivor who gets a fast vault unless you hit them before they're anywhere near a window. It feels absolutely horrible to play against. It's like they get massive amounts of I-frames on fast vaults now.

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,648

Apparently fast vaults were actually meant to be this way. I'm not completely fine with it either because the extra distance increases the vault speed and leads to survivors becoming pretty much invincible on some windows. Especially paired with Resilience, which increases the speed even further. This is probably a faster vault than even with Spine Chill's 6%. It feels absolutely terrible, when you know it's not even worth it to swing at windows anymore because you won't get a hit anyway.

Maybe they should reduce the vault speed to what it was before and instead scale the vault time a little. That way, a survivor wouldn't get hit after the vault and the killer wouldn't be punished for having a good ping. Because if your connection is bad enough, then you're gonna hit the survivor all the way from Brazil.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Yeah... another "bug fix" from something that has behaved this way for years. Similar to the "killer looks down after hit" mechanic that was a "bug" since the game's inception.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,648

Fortunately, they listened to the PTB feedback on that.

I think they'll monitor the vault change for a while and hopefully adjust it at some point. I'm not saying they should revert it but I feel like this has more impact than it should. I hope they will at least fix the animation soon. It looks awful when the survivor is midway through the vault and teleports the rest of it.