We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

As a survivor, what is the most overpowered killer perk?

Options
Frogsplosion
Frogsplosion Member Posts: 266

From your perspective as a survivor, what is the most overpowered killer perk and why?

As a survivor, what is the most overpowered killer perk? 40 votes

Pain Resonance
7% 3 votes
Pop Goes the Weasel
5% 2 votes
Jolt
2% 1 vote
Corrupt Intervation
7% 3 votes
Sloppy Butcher
25% 10 votes
Dead Man's Switch
2% 1 vote
Save the Best for Last
20% 8 votes
No One Escapes Death
17% 7 votes
Devour Hope
7% 3 votes
Nowhere to Hide
5% 2 votes

Comments

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 266
    Options

I don't know how that stupid typo got in there O_o

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 441
    Options

NOED can easily give a 1k-2k to a baby Killer that had 0 hooks until that moment.

It's the ultimate crutch and being tied to a Hex which you can see through walls is the only reason why it's existence is even acceptable.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 254
    Options

As a killer noed is the only problem honestly.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,759
    Options

I don't think any of the perks are overpowered, but some perks lean more towards certain Killers/playstyles. For example STBFL is a godsend on many M1 Killers, but Dead Man's Switch only helps the already strong Killers (and Doctor). I ended up voting for DMS more because it enables camping with Hypermobility characters and Artist. Deadlock would be the other contender (surprisingly not on this list), because that is the lynchpin behind facecamping builds.

I'm a bit of an odd one out, but I'd basekit NOED when the Killer has 0 kills going into endgame. The Survivors can wait on 1 gen remaining and cleanse totems, or they can pump the gens and risk cleansing it afterward. Once the Killer gets a kill, the basekit NOED would delete itself (or not spawn) like Ruin. The perk would just enable it to spawn even with a kill, and not delete it after a kill. The only problem with NOED is when you hook someone on the hex itself. Just have it swap totems when hooking a Survivor within 24m and it'd be fine.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

I think Devour Hope is the strongest perk, not so much that it's overpowered though.

• nemimainC
    nemimainC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 22
    Options

i said pop because i hate seeing a gen that was worked on for 85 seconds get ######### on. but its more annoying than anything + the killer has to work to get it. sloppy is a close second just because of its effectiveness on stealth killers and how annoying it is iin general

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

STBFL:

• Very little counterplay overall
    • What little counterplay it has can be bypassed by several killers
    • Incentivises playing super safe on the survivor side aka predropping/not taking risks for altruism
    • Rewards and incentivises camping
    • Remains active even when the obsession is dead, which makes no sense given the perks theme and design
    • As map design gets more balanced with more deadzones and less abuseable loops to chain; this perk only increases in strength
    • The removal of hook grabs only made the issue slightly better when it comes to this perk
  • Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

I would have said corrupt, but my Plot Twist / No Mither Build stops that perk 3 seconds into the trial.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

honestly only killer perk that's meta that i would really change atm is deadlock and that's just to give it some easy to get activation effect to prevent it from being used by facecampers/hard tunnelers

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,989
    Options

Ive gotten 4ks just from using noed, not as strong as it used to be but it can really give some undeserved kills.

tho i really appreciate the aura now, dont think its Op per say but it gets you something undeserved

• mizark3
    Options

The weakest design part about this perk on the Survivor's side, is the Obsession isn't given a clue as to the perk's existence. Often times an allied Obsession who never gets in chase (because the Killer was purposefully ignoring them) says something ignorant like "why did you guys all go down so fast", not realizing the fact they weren't pressuring stacks off of STBFL being the reason.

Personally I'd like a few changes to it. First, the Obsession is informed of the perk at 2+ or 4+ stacks. Secondly, at 8 stacks, the Obsession is exposed, but if they are put into the dying state then stacks are reset to 0. That way you are actually playing into 'Saving the Best for Last', but it also can't be cheesed around by power downing the Surv. These are just rough draft ideas though, but the Obsession should be informed somehow at least.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    edited August 2023
    Options

You raise valid points and ideas. To me, the problem is - even if I'm the obsession and I know the perk is in play

1) If i'm not in chase and I'm not doing generators, I'm failing my team by not being productive.

2) If it's Pig, Demogorgon, Pyramid Head, Nemesis, Deathslinger, Twins, Wesker, Knight and soon Xenomorph - they all have ways of either ignoring the downside of damaging me anyway or have ways of making it less of an issue.

Deathslinger's chain break is my favourite one, because if Slinger spears you - they WILL waste so much time waiting for the chain to break if you don't struggle.

• mizark3
    Options

I'll give you Demo/Deathslinger/Wesker/Xeno, but I'd say its easy enough to dodge (or at least force an M1) against Pig/Pyramid Head/Nemesis/Twins/Knight. STBFL conservation on Pig is hard countered by windows, and strangely enough Pyramid Head and Nemmy are countered by staying away from them instead. Twins, Knight, and Deathslinger are mostly forced to M1 to get the down if the Surv plays it right.

I know this is a bit of a meme answer, but Mettle of Man is unironically a counter to STBFL. The perk forces Obsession on you, and getting protection hits feeds your perk. The biggest flaw is you need Circle of Healing/Autodidact on a willing medic, Circle for soloq, Auto for SWF. If worried about the power hitters, Breakout/Sabo helps force them to drop Survs without a hook, or M1 you and lose stacks. Its really fun when goofing off with friends, even if it makes you lose more matches as a result.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

I'm only choosing Sloppy because it make self-healing even more miserable. I don't think it's OP, but it's boring.

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options
  • thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

Still boring to sit for twenty seconds and not do anything. Also, I play more killer than survivor so it doesn't bother me as much. I was just answering the question.