Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Demo not entering chase until injury (couldn't repeat it in customs with bots)

mizark3
mizark3 Member Posts: 2,248

Demogorgon with Lethal Pursuer/Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance/Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain/Save The Best For Last/ Black Heart and Barb's Glasses for add-ons, and the BBQ offering. Ormond Resort for the map. Happened the entirety of the match.

I started the match placing a portal and heading towards my closest Lethal Pursuer target. They were hiding around a corner and started running but I didn't enter chase with them. After a Shred hit we entered chase. All throughout the match I wouldn't enter chase until after I injured the target. I didn't think to record, but luckily one of the players was a streamer and I have their VoD to link with 3 examples to show that they could witness from their POV and the Survivor HUD. The matches before seemed to work fine, although I was cleaning up Killer dailies and tomes, so I was playing a variety of Killers. After the match I tried to repeat the bug in customs with bots, but I was entering chase normally.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1894395017?t=1h

The first instance that is visible is from ~1:00:08-1:00:17. You can see I near max range Shredded the Jake from the streamer's POV without entering chase.

The second is visible at ~1:05:40-1:05:46. The Jane dropped one of the side Ormond pallets and I never entered chase the entire time we were looping it before that. The streamer had Alert, so they see my aura and chasing the Jane towards the main building window never entering chase. In the VOD it looks like I was looking down, but I was staring straight at her on my game.

The final instance is visible at ~1:06:12-1:06:18. The Nic Cage streamer dropped the pallet and runs in front of main, but I only enter chase after the Shred hit. I got mixed up and lost chase because I looked the wrong way after the Shred.

The first shred/hit/chase was at ~57:00, but since we were so close when I rounded the corner that could be normal not entering chase.

There were other times in the match I was chasing people normally, but it just refused to enter chase, but not visible from the streamer's POV.

My best guess (partially visible in the second instance), is when placing the portal, Demo was forced to look down. Even though I was looking straight across normally, maybe the game thought I was always looking down, thus thinking I never was looking at the Survs and not entering chase until actually hitting them.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Captain_Dickärd
    Captain_Dickärd Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2023

Just had this same issue occur with the knight after using a mori. Chase music would not activate until hits, and would fade soon after.

Edit: Included perk loadout.

• mizark3

My best guess is placing the portal and starting a Mori put you an a separate animation state which lock you out of being able to enter chase.

Do you recall if you looked down to see the Survivor when using the Mori? Another theory of mine is looking down (as forced with portal placement) then completing an animation might treat the Killer as looking at the floor for the rest of the match.

• Captain_Dickärd
    edited August 2023

Post edited by Captain_Dickärd on
  • Captain_Dickärd

I summoned a guard after downing the first survivor, then remembered I had a mori, hit the guard and used the mori while looking straight ahead. Her friend came to teabag her during the mori, was downed immediately after the mori finished and I used the mori on her as well with my view slightly tilted downward. If the game was thinking my view to be stuck at this slight downward tilt the chase music should have still worked.

I have video of the bug and events leading up to it, however it will not let me attach them to the post.

• mizark3

If you can upload it as an unlisted Youtube video, then you can just post the link. That's what I do for cheater reports, but it can serve the same purpose here.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,979

Its a killer issue in general. Had it happen yesterday on Pig. Have to tell, running after survivors with active beartraps while unable to enter chase is extremely busted.

Happens very rarely though.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

I think something like this happened to me as well yesterday (also with demo). I remember being very confused at to why chase wasn't starting until I got a shred hit.