We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Counter Play

Options
Blueberry
Blueberry Member Posts: 12,755

Should perks, items or addons be considered acceptable counter play or should all counter play be available in base kit?

For killer or survivor.

Counter Play 31 votes

As long as the counter play is somewhere
58%
DimekRobotfangirl67Dhurl421Marc_go_soloViktor1853syainAurellenot_requested49TheMetalOneSteakdabaitGensByDaylightCatnipLove09SHARKBOSSDepressedlegionTheSingularitySkillfulstoneFelgooseTommyDorkelson 18 votes
All counter play should be in the games base kit
41%
OnryosTapeRentalsBlueberryF60_31sizzlingmario4BothSidesEnjoyerChikyshirooArchol123saneesOlnofelknemimainCWilliamSNBlightedTrapper 13 votes

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,804
    Options

If all counterplay was in the basekit, there would be no need for perks.

The sheer number of variety in this game means it's unpredictable, as this game should be.

• nemimainC
    nemimainC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 22
    Options

Some aspects should be base. Thankfully camping is getting addressed with the (fairly weak) BT base and future unhook changes but other aspects for survivor atleast are struggling. Specifically tunneling.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 294
    Options

Everything should be at least somewhat counterable without perks or items.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

Since there are a huge amount of killers in the game the odds of you selecting the fitting build to have counterplay against the killer is rather slim, it doesn't harm if certain perks help against certain killers but it should not give a huge amount of help compared to the base mechanics.

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

I respectfully but wholeheartedly disagree. I think the variety of builds in the game is what keeps it interesting. If anything, perks and items/addons should have a greater impact than they do currently. Very strong perks to counter anything someone finds particularly not fun to play against keeps the game more balanced, interesting, and fun for everyone.

If your least favorite thing is getting tunneled, you should be able to put together an anti-tunneling build that doesn't allow even the most aggressive tunneler to tunnel you. (There should not be perks that make tunneling easier to the point of overwhelming an anti-tunnel build as it is considered universally undesirable gameplay)

If you get frustrated by not being able to find anyone as a killer, you should be able to make a build where you have much more awareness of everyone's location (except those who's build is for not being found so easily)

If you can't stand being blinded, there should be a perk that prevents it. ('successful' blind attempts against killers with lightborn should still count for challenge purposes though)

If you can't stand getting 360'd, well there's no perk that really helps with that except maybe unrelenting which doesn't do much for it so I guess you'll need to complain to the devs and get them to admit that it's a lag compensation exploit that would be easily fixed by adding mkb support for all platforms but would ultimately be better resolved by adding full body inertia for survivors that would allow for proper lag comp and would look and feel fine because the survivors are in third person.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

what would you use as an example of counterplay that a perk gives?

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

I meant in the sense of specific killers, like I stated not things that are available to everyone, that should have been fairly obvious when I said "helps against certain killers", but in your sense it also kills perk variety because if everyone runs anti tunnel anti camp perks and nothing else then you have 130 perks that are just not used...

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

I guess anti-tunneling and anti-camp perks aren't great for my argument. I agree that there should be strong innate counters to those .

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,755
    Options

Shattered Hope as one example.