We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

New Killer/Survivor Concept (Lore/Ability/Perks)

Options
CoLdBITeR
CoLdBITeR Member Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Creations

The Black Widow (Venus Barret) Killer

Lore

The Black Widow was known as a myth, one that people would write off as nothing more than stories to frighten children. I thought the same. The story of a creature that had the form of a Spider the size of a person but the appearance of a normal human was ludicrous. But what it truly was, is even more horrifying.

My son was a huge lover of bugs, seemed to almost worship them and their way of living. It wasn't until he was soon to enter his last year of High school that I came to realize what extremes his fascination with insects would take him. He came to me during the summer of his soon to be 12th school year, asked me if I would be willing to go somewhere for summer vacation. I thought it odd that his idea was to go out to an excluded area where old cottages resided, but he was more excited about it than anything I'd seen in awhile. So I agreed, booked some time off and packed a luggage for the stay. We arrived at night, and unloaded our things inside a rickety old cottage that didn't match the picture at all. There was no electricity and no form of lighting inside apart from a few lanterns. Wilson didn't appear frightened or even bothered about it. Though I felt off about the place, I was too tired and found my eyelids shutting once my head touched my pillow.

Our days and nights continued with me staying around the "cottage" while Wilson would go out to explore our surroundings. I once woke in the middle of the night to find Wilson going out to search for something. I tried to question him on what he was looking to find, but he just brushed it off and gave me a wave before stepping out into the night with a candle lit lantern in hand. I didn't close my eyes until the sunlight reassured me it was safe. I spent every night the same, waiting for my son Wilson to return, only for the sun to rise in his stead. I'd sleep for a few hours during the day and dread the looming shadows night would bring.

Finally our last night came around. I had already packed our bags and was waiting in the dark for Wilson to return with only a small glowing lantern to keep me company. It was during that time I heard some sort of tapping sound, like the sound of a click from a heeled shoe, but it was slow, and weirdly hollow, as it would echo off the wooden walls. I turned my head to peer through the darkness in search of its origins, to which I found multiple red glowing eyes staring back at me. My heart stalled before leaping out of my chest. My legs followed my hearts lead and I began running for any exit I could find. I stumbled through an open window and scrapped my hands on the landing. As I pushed myself back up and ran, I turned my sight to see a woman standing outside the cottage with what appeared black branches surrounding her sides. I stopped in confusion, and opened my mouth to try to warn her about the creature, but then I saw her completely when she stepped into the moonlight. The woman had a plastered smile on with the same black branch coming out of her right arm. I then watched as her body flopped to the ground and a black spider larger than a person, took her place.

The woman's hair and legs began dragging on the dirt as the spider started moving in my direction. I stood there frozen in fear, knowing I had to run or I'd die, but I couldn't move, my body refused to listen to me. In the moment before it reached me, I hoped my son was far away. (Venus Barret becomes the new skin/body that hangs underneath The Black Widow.) [similar to leather face, if you kill enough of an original female character, they unlock as a skin for the underneath version, but with a stretched smile on the face and a torn right arm.]

Ability

Can switch between crawling on all eight legs to normal standing position. In the crawling form, She is able to crawl over pallets, shoot webs onto survivors/gens/vault locations/pallets/openings that allow for dropping to the next floor. Has built in insidious when stationary for 3 second while using crawling form. She moves faster and is able to crawl up wall locations where a vault is located above. (allowing her to get to the next floor faster) she can not cause harm while in her crawling form. She can sacrifice one of her vault ammo to allow transportation between an opening in the floor above, but will be permanently one ammo short until a survivor clears the shortcut made. (survivors can clear the webs but at the cost of getting webs stuck to them.) when she is in her standing position (Venus) she moves at a standard speed and attacks with her right arm that has taken the form of a razor like spider leg, using the sharp edges to tear into her prey.

when a survivor is effected by webs they move 0.5 percent slower, get stuck to things they touch for 1 second before able to move and can't heal themselves until the webs have been removed. (can heal others but will spread the webs to whoever they heal, making it take longer to remove webs if the survivor was already effected)

survivors can speed up the web removal by crafting scissors. To craft them it requires two separate parts. The first is bolts that is collected from unfinished gens that have at least 10% progress on them. The survivors can then take that progress away by removing bolts from the gens. The second part is pieces from pallets that have been previously broken. (they can only craft two scissors from a broken pallet location) if they so choose a survivor can break a pallet once dropped, to give more pieces to craft four scissors from. (in case The Black Widow chooses not to break any pallets) scissors allow survivors to clear webs much faster and to not spread the webs to themselves when doing so. (scissors can be used twice but only on vault locations or gens, and the second time is much slower when clearing but still faster than clearing by hand)

Vault locations that are effected by webs, turn the fast vaults into slow vaults, and slow vaults into even slower vaults. Any gens effected by webs cause Gen progress to be 10% slower until cleared. Any drop locations blocked with webs will cause the survivors to fall more slowly and become webbed. (anytime a survivor tries to clear a webbed area without scissors will become webbed themselves. If they are already webbed then they will have it take twice as long to clear the webs on themselves.)

The Black Widow is allowed three vault webs, two Gen webs, and one survivor web at a time to use when they wish. (survivors can still spread the webs to other locations and teammates without The Black Widow losing any of her web ammo) when the ammo is empty, her web ability will go through a cooldown. Vault/survivor webs have a 2 minute cooldown, while generator webs have a 3 minute cooldown before getting all web ammo returned. (webs that are not cleared by the survivors stay there, making The Black Widows amount of webs on vault locations/gens/Survivors to increase if left.)

The Black Widow Perks

Plucks and Pulls:

Can see the aura of a survivor for 5 seconds as they are interacting with a killer object. "Struggle if you must, but I will sense every ripple on my web"

Sticky Fingers:

Any generators you kick will begin regressing and won't stop even if survivors touch it. It will take a full non interrupted 4 seconds of Gen repairing for regression to stop (no Gen progression will be made during those 4 seconds). Any survivors that touch the Gen or stay working on it will be effected by the sticky effect causing them to be stuck to the Gen for two seconds when they attempt to let go. "Prey knows not to interfere with my territory unless they choose to stay for good"

Caught in my web:

Anytime a survivor gets put into dying state, all other survivors inside the killers terror radius will become injured and get broken status for 20 seconds. If the effected survivors don't go down, they will have their health returned to what it was prior and lose the broken status. "you came too close and ended up trapped along side your kin"

(Wilson Barret) Survivor

Lore

Wilson Barret was always interested in bugs from a young age. He would go out hunting for them with a home made net that his mother helped him build. Years pasted with Wilson's bug obsession growing to extremes, causing his peers to look at him with revulsion. He didn't mind being disliked though, he had become accustomed to being alone, found it easier to scrutinize his living bug collection when there was no onlookers to be had.

Wilson learned to keep his bugs hidden from his mother when he entered highschool, since her last findings of Wilson's bugs ended with them being killed. One day during Wilson's summer of his 11th school year, he comes across a book with the description of some really rare bug like creature. It had an appearance of a large spider, but was said to also look almost human. The idea intrigued him, to which he gave up a couple days in finding the perfect location to search for it. The only problem was on how to get there when he doesn't own a vehicle or have enough spending money for essentials. Then the idea came to him.

He waited for his mother to return from her work, and then asked her about taking two weeks off to spend the summer together at a cottage. She seemed hesitant, but in the end agreed. It was all going to be perfect. They arrived during the night to his mothers dismay, but Wilson couldn't be happier. He figured finding it would be easier during the night since sightings mentioned a red glow on its back, so the timing was as good as he could have asked for. Once he helped his mother with the luggage, he waited until she fell asleep to head out in search of this unique insect. Sadly he didn't come across it and each night continued to be uneventful.

On the seventh night he got caught sneaking out by his mother, and couldn't come up with a valuable excuse, so just admitted he was looking for something and then stepped out without looking back. He knew his mother was scared of the Forrest especially at night, so he didn't need to worry about her following him. Wilson was becoming agitated with each failure in finding the large insect, and knew that his mother would not allow him to stay alone once the last night was over. With the promise of leaving tomorrow morning, he set out during the final night, with high but empty hopes. 

As Wilson began his usual search he heard some sort of crash back toward their cottage. He ran back quickly wondering perhaps his mother might have hurt herself from being startled by an insect again. He found a weird looking fabric on the ground outside the cottage, just a few meters where his mother stood. He reached to pick up the fabric while asking if she was alright, but was greeted instead by a weird tapping sound. The fabric felt squishy in his hand, and only until he lifted it up, did he notice it was a large cutting of human skin. He dropped it with a yell, moments after feels his stomach empty. As he looked up to meet his mother's gaze, In the moonlight her face showed a weirdly stretched smile, with her right arm all distorted. As she started to fall to the ground and a large black spider took its place, a black fog bagan to appear behind it.

Wilson realized the creature was the same thing he had been looking for this whole time, the insect that he was so interested in studying, had cause the demise of his mother. He could feel tears tickling his cheek as he readied himself to meet a similar fate as her, only to be interrupted by the same black fog that had been appearing behind the creature.

Wilson Barret Perks

Get the fly swatter:

After being put into the dying state, this perk becomes active. Once per trial, when healthy, you can get a 3 second guaranteed stun on the killer while 6 meters from them by pressing ability button 2. "Payback can hurt"

Eat or be eaten:

Each time a survivor other than you dies, any held item gets its charges refilled. "Your Sacrifice will not be wasted"

Not my problem:

Anytime a survivor other than you enters chase, you can see the Aura of your fellow survivor. Once they have exited chase by escaping or being put into dying state, their Aura is hidden again. "At least it's them and not me" 

Post edited by CoLdBITeR on