Played 36 match, here are my perk stats

Options

Time Playing : 14:00 - 00:00 & 05:00 - 06:30

Region / Server : SEA

Platform : Steam

Roles : Solo Survivor

Most popular perk for survivor is Windows of Opportunity, total 53 Survivor using this perk. Following by Made for This.

Hope popular because of Made of This (10% Speed Build)

A lot of survivor also using Resilience, i think this is because of new vaulting distance rework (or fixed?)

For Killer, Scourge Hook : Pain Resonance, Pop Goes The Weasel and Save The Best For Last are top 3.

List of Killer

Comments

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 996
    Options

The survivors I get have similar perk choices too.

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    Options

Most survivor like to be a "runner" : Exhaustion perk, perk that help them looping always their choice.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,688
    Options

E still going strong baby!!

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2023
    Options

What's amazing to me is that survivors continue to cry foul when a killer tunnels or camps, meanwhile they don't see any issue with 4 people running windows of opportunity and then sprint or made for this.

Running from safe loop to safe loop and slamming pallets that are lit up yellow isn't a skill. It's press "w" and run to the next safety safe. Of course killers are going to tunnel and camp, they aren't your personal punching bags that you get to loop all match.

Can't run the same 5 to 7 perks and not expect the counter to come up. Camping, 3 gen, and tunneling is the new norm until something is done to counter the windows, made for this, hope combo.

• appleas
    edited August 2023
    Options

The more amusing thing was that I recall some people mentioning MFT pick rate wasn’t going to be high because people would realize the perk wasn’t that good and go back to using Exhaustion perks.

Look at it go.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

This is the issue I have with the current meta. I don't mind that survivors have strong perks, but I do mind that they have strong perks that take the risk out of being injured. With the haste from MFT, the speed from Resilience, and the countless ways of giving yourself or someone else endurance, there's no reason to heal when you can tank two hits while injured 3/5 times anyway.

• WilliamSN
    WilliamSN Member Posts: 524
    Options

These stats are pretty much on par with nightlight.

It's one of my major grievances with the current meta, survivors using a full shift W build, then complain that they need "anti tunnel mechanics" instead of switching their perks around.

If you dont have perks do discourage tunneling, why would the killer bother going after the guy with 2 healthstates and 0 hooks over the guy thats on 1 healthstate and double hooked?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,278
    Options

The thing is, in my games I see Sloppy Butcher on every Killer who relies on basic attacks. Since Nurse has an Mangled Add On (which almost all of them use, great idea btw to give her an Mangled Add On.../s), I only see Blights and some Weskers without Sloppy Butcher. The rest of Killers I face all use Sloppy Butcher.

And at this point, if you want to heal, it takes so much time that it is not really worth it. Standard Heal time for another Survivor is 16 seconds, but I guarantee you that this is not the average Heal Time you will see in matches.

• appleas
    edited August 2023
    Options

It will continue to remain that way. Not equipping Sloppy doesn’t mean that Survivors will also not equip mft especially for those who are used to looping with the perk. The same applies vice versa.

Spreading injury is the new form of slowdown since most gen regression perks have been nerfed. The devs has enough foresight to know that the Kill rates would plummet if healing was not changed despite the regression nerf.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,475
    Options

I'm keen to add to this with my own stats, purely because I don't see MFT all that much. I'm in Western Australia and we cross into the Asian region server and it really doesn't seem popular among players over there.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

Oh, I agree that healing time is pretty bad. It's made worse by the fact that medkits are useless if you want to use them on yourself (and, honestly, why? None of them are even unique anymore because nobody uses them to heal other people, so it's the exact same time to heal with a brown as it is a purple.)

I think that one period a while ago where survivors could heal in literally 6 seconds if they had the right items and perks was ridiculous, but I also think that they went too far with how ineffective self-healing is now. They did the same thing to healing as they did to regression because of a few nasty strats (healing in chase/3-gen skull merchant, just for example).

Overall, I think the game is somehow in a better and worse spot depending on which issues/topics you're looking at.

• appleas
    Options

Not sure which part of Asia you’re referring to. I concur with OP’s data for the SEA region because my experience is similar. MFT definitely isn’t common for the Japan community, Botany + selfcare is a very common combo so there’s not much wiggle room left for MFT.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Options

When I first found out there is such thing as WoO I was amused. I couldn't believe such thing exists. I still think its does not have any place in the game. Its as stupid as a trajectory line in racing games, showing you how drive.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,768
    edited August 2023
    Options

Almost like a perk choice could only be comparable to a perk choice. The equivalent of a Killer complaining about Windows is a Survivor complaining of Pain Res, or Adrenaline and No Way Out, or Distortion and Corrupt Intervention (not necessarily those specific combos, but the idea).

The vast majority of pallets are filler pallets, which means they are either mindgameable or bloodlustable. It doesn't matter if a Survivor can see a different pallet if they can't reach it in time. So that actually is on point with your message. A Killer that doesn't have the brains to mindgame (or in the worst case [like on Borgo] bloodlust) a pallet will camp or immediately tunnel off hook. I fully concur with that assessment of weak Killers resorting to low skill high reward strategies. I do find it funny that in an oppositional game you would claim X role isn't someones personal punching bag, when encouraging the same thing for the opposite side.

The problem with Survivors only bringing '5 to 7 perks' is because no other perks are worth running. They either address base gameplay flaws (Camping Reassurance, Tunneling DS, Excessive Slugging Unbreakable, Soloq lack of comms Windows), or are exhaustion gated, meaning you pick which mutually exclusive one to run. If say, Rookie Spirit was a perk worth running, maybe Survs wouldn't only bring the same perks. The complaint "I don't like seeing the same perks on Survivor" is actually complaining that "95% of Survivor perks shouldn't be unplayably bad".

The main thing with Windows, is it only tells you what exists, it doesn't create anything new. It is a good soloq perk because it bridges the gap of comms like "I dropped shack pallet" or "the middle filler pallet is donezo" That means the actual complaint is about map balance. For the most part complaining about map balance is fair, but I don't see people learning the counters to bad maps. Nearly every Borgo/Garden filler pallet is bloodlustable, which means Killers only need to kick the non-Bloodlustable ones before a hit, or else they are throwing. The sad thing is we are now getting pathetic pallets like on the reworked Farm maps, with the tiny tent and 2 small crates. We should be getting a variety of pallet strengths and window strengths, but instead we get near exclusively garbage pallets and god windows.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,475
    Options

Not sure what part tbh. I match with alot of Asian players but as I don't read the language/recognize their usernames, I'm not sure where from. But yeah, I very rarely see them with MFT.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

You would probably have more people who heal. I used to heal all the time, but now, when the game is close to being finished (aka Gens need to be done because the Killer has way too much pressure or the last Gen is being worked on), I stay injured. Because it is not worth to spend the time to heal, when you can sit on a Gen. Especially if multiple people are injured, if you heal someone and they heal you afterwards, you have around half a Gen of time wasted. (With Sloppy Butcher)

• Aven_Fallen
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yeah, there is not really a point in having different Medkits nowadays. Especially because even when you heal someone else with them, the difference is not that big. But self-healing is rough with 24 seconds and if you put Sloppy Butcher on top of it (or Mangled in general), you are really in for quite long heal times.

IMO it would have been better if they would have kept strong healing methods and good Medkits, but limit the speed that can be gained. Because healing was not a problem and self-healing was not a problem either. Self-healing in way under 10 seconds was a problem. And that could have been solved with implementing a minimum time which it takes to heal, lets say 10 seconds. With that you could keep certain things strong, but they would not have been busted when combined. The problem was people stacking stuff like green Medkits, Botany Knowledge, Speed Add Ons, Circle of Healing... But removing the synergy by capping Heal Speeds would have been enough and the better solution IMO.

In general, I am a fan of having strong Perks which are good on their own, but dont work well with other Perks to avoid them being busted when stacked.

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291
    Options

Only if Bloodlust kicks in. Windows and Made For This combo is causing a lot of M1 killers to lose bloodlust. It's been talked about on here for sometime.

Also, nowhere did I say that either side needs to be a punching bag. I simply said that killers are they to eat flashlights and pallets and be abused, no more than survivors are meant to be abused.

That said, when you get people running the same perks and spamming flashlights and dropping t-bags, then coming to the forum to cry about killers or saying "get gud" "run mind games" it's a little tough to take serious. No one wants to waste half the match trying to mind game a survivor running Made For This, and Resilence and Windows of Opportunities. It's just a waste of time.

• Hex_Maidenless
    Hex_Maidenless Member Posts: 112
    Options

lol it's no wonder so many people struggle at solo survivor when they're running actual junk.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,768
    Options

I have never had issues maintaining chase even against MfT and my main boy is Ghosty. This might be the commenting Killers not understanding what drops Bloodlust. Getting pallet stunned drops 1 stack, and kicking a pallet drops all levels. This means the basic early advice of facetank all stuns isn't always the best option, sometimes it is better to tactically respect the pallet. I guess if a Killer mindgames themself going the wrong direction they can lose chase, but that has nothing to do with either Windows or MfT.

How is a player using the built-in mechanics to delay their death and not be a punching bag by actually getting injured and put on hook, causing their opponent to be a punching bag then? That is what I don't understand.

If a flashlight player is a problem for a Killer, and not an asset to their 4k, they unironically need to 'git gud'. The game for Killer is roughly based around maintaining pressure to prevent gens from getting done. If the Killer has Surv A on hook, Surv B in chase, Surv C going for the rescue then subsequent heal, Surv D has to pump gens, or put another way Killer has 75% gen slowdown when playing correctly. If Surv D instead is hovering for a flashy save, the Killer has 100% gen slowdown, and the Killer will easily prevent the flashy save by looking at a wall or spinning around mid pickup. That gives Killers easier matches, not harder ones. If a Killer is laser focused on a singular chase, instead of working on their macro gameplay, that shows they don't understand when to drop chases. Take a pallet, and corral someone else to the dead pallet area. So whilst I am saying 'git gud', I am also detailing how when I do so. Some people have had to explain the same concept too many times to be bothered to re-explain it, so I understand both frustration points in that conversation.

Also I just noticed (after writing everything above) part of what you were replying to got edited by someone that wasn't me, and it changed my intended message. The 'brain' section was meant to imply the Killer was playing like a tutorial difficulty level bot, so if that wasn't clear hopefully this cleans that up.