DBD/TCM. what are the things you like/dislike about each game?

Options

Although both games are of the same genre they have quite different mechanics, so I would like to know from each player who tried both games what are the positive and negative points of each one, it could be anything.

DBD: one of the things I like the most is the chase mechanic which is the most fun thing in the game since depending on the killer the strategy can change.

one of the things i hate the most is the main objective of survivors which is to repair the generators that it's not a very fun thing to stand still just hitting skillchecks.

TCM: the thing i like the most are the different objectives the victims have, as they can choose their escape route.

the thing i hate the most is how u can die with 30s of the match and also the lobby time which is quite long.

Comments

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,089
    edited August 2023
    Options

The thing I like best about TCM is family. Family is everything.

Also Killer is scary and able to kill without all the bullshitting in between from survs.

Dislike: Waiting time but don't outright hate it either. I'd take quality over quantity anyday. It does suck tho when the match is over quicker than you waited. I would like to see minor changes to matchmaking, but it is on a good trajectory imo.

DBD: Character and license variety is nice. Chasing can be fun, but it can also be a nightmare for either side depending on your game, so i'd file that under both.

Also major dislike gutting perks and killers when nerfed 👎️

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

the saw is family (the relevant part ends 30 seconds into the clip)

shame he never actually killed anyone with that saw...

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 452
    Options

The reason the wait times suck is because there was like 50,000 people on launch and even today so many people are online the servers are on fire

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited August 2023
    Options

My kind of family values ☺️. Unrelated but I wonder where that thing is today? Collector maybe??

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Honestly kind of a skill issue if you die within 2 minutes of the match on TCM.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    edited August 2023
    Options

likely... but idk.

maybe the director has it? or the actor that played leatherface

• totallynotamegmain
    Options

It really isn’t that hard to not die in the basement everyone is just bad because the game just came out

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,778
    Options

TCM

For killer I'm happy that i can play with friends. survivor with friends meet kill with friends!! For survivor i like that it muplite ways to excape. Keep the game fresh and it allow u to constantly change up your gameplan. Most importantly camping a area or focusing one survivor with the whole family for to long time can be extremely risky.

dislike how clumsy opening and closing doors can be.

DBD

The number 1 thing i like about dbd is the chase. That split second decision you have to make arouund a loop. The constant testing of your reflexes, the misdirection, the doubling back, and all the rest of the endless mind games. DBD GOATED!!!!!!!!!!

Dislike the grind. Even tho behavior give bloodpoints away like it candy these days the grind to get every character prestige 3 is insane. you need well over a 1000 hours and probably 1500 if u mainly play survivor. Honestly the time probably way more than that.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 383
    Options

Right now I’d say I still prefer playing as killer on DBD more compared to Family on TCM, but I much prefer Victim on TCM to survivor.

TCM victim feels super immersive to me. It doesn’t feel mindless either. There’s no Windows showing you were to go lol.

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 646
    edited August 2023
    Options

DBD Pros: Got almost nothing.

• I like the amount of licenses in the game.
    • The possibility that the game evolves and becomes a much better more stable version of itself.

DBD Cons: I have plenty for this list and am probably forgetting some.

• Game has never been optimized on PC and even then, it's 10x worse on consoles..
    • Takes years for them to add the most obvious QoL features.
    • Survivors have 0 unique quality besides just being a skin.
    • The main thing Survivors can do to the Killer is drop pallets on them... Gets old quick.
    • Game health is not prioritized enough.
    • This community rivals even LoL in terms of how rude/toxic some of them can be.
    • The map designs make the game completely imbalanced for one side or the other.
    • Killer 1st person FoV can give some people motion sickness due to how zoomed in it is.
    • Way too many 'unused perks' in the game. Having a lot isn't bad, just buff the bad ones more.
    • Some Iridescent addons are extremely unfair. (Iri Head/Pinky Finger for examples)
    • Certain Killers are so bad they can't be played without specific addons.
    • The strongest Killers in the game rarely get nerfed * cough * blight * cough * wesker..
    • Spaghetti coding/game engine is so dated. Causes the game more problems than it fixes.
    • Game breaking bugs/crashes are introduced almost every single patch even 8 years later..
    • Killer perks get nerfed almost immediately if Survivors whine, but vice-versa it takes years...
    • Many of the licenses are not done proper justice imo. Nemesis, Freddy, and Alien come to mind.
    • MMR is not good enough and if it's current state is the best they can do then all hope is lost.
    • The mobile version of DBD has better ideas/content in it than the ACTUAL CORE game of DBD.
    • Some Killers can just ignore entire mechanics of the game..like Nurse, Sadako, and Michael..
    • Sad truth is DBD will never evolve so long as solid competition doesn't force it to do so.
    • There are so many rage quitters in this game it blows my mind.
    • When people do rage quit or die on hook early in the game, it's almost certainly the Killer wins..
    • Many Killer finishers are..tbh..very bad, underwhelming, not gory enough, and outdated as hell..
    • The grind for new players isn't just bad, it's abysmal. I do not envy anyone new coming to DBD.
    • Map Offerings are a problem. Remove them or change them to NOT send you to that realm.
    • Camping/tunneling has plagued this game for so long and still nothing has been done to fix it..

TCM Pros: Quite a few honestly.

• KILL WITH YOUR FRIENDS... O.O... It's about time a bigger horror game implemented this idea.
    • Much more devotion to the source material than DBD has ever achieved with any license.
    • The Victims actually feel very unique from one another. There are reasons to pick certain ones.
    • Being chased feels much more exciting due to so many different environmental interactions.
    • Just playing as a Victim (Survivor) is scarier as there are 3 Killers after you. Not just 1.
    • The amount Survivors can interact with maps is unreal. (being able to turn lights off to hide)
    • There are lots of ways to escape a match as Victim also. Passages, gates, long roads, etc.
    • The graphics. Just..wow.. Can't believe how good it looks. Lighting/shading look so realistic..
    • Maps have day AND night versions.. Something I wish DBD had even if it was just a few..
    • Gore.. It doesn't show you Victims getting full on dismembered but the level of brutality is great.
    • I love that if everyone is new the Killers are not as overwhelming as they'll often be in DBD.
    • You feel absolutely 0 stress as Killer as you're with 2 other people. Both sides require teamwork.
    • There is no such thing as being camped or tunneled so it wins that contest in my book.

TCM Cons: Quite a few as well, but it just came out so it's to be expected.

• Tons of technical issues as many brand new games have. Hell DBD is old and still has them..xD
    • Needing to have 7 people just to start the match with no BOTS in the game is a bad decision.
    • The obvious flaw is that TCM is limited to..well..TCM. It can only get so broad before it stops.
    • There are only 3 maps as amazing as they are.. Still..only 3.. If it stays that way then GG..
    • It is a bit more complex than DBD in some areas that I'd say it requires comms to make it easier.
    • The outfit variety hopefully gets looked at, because as of right now, it's pretty lackluster.
    • I'll say that it does seem to disconnect everyone if one person gets dc'd. Hope that gets fixed.

Annnnnnnnndddd I'm spent. DBD has been out for quite awhile so obviously it's going to be easier to find more things wrong with it, but here's to hoping games like TCM keep coming out and evolving the genre. Games like TCM need to continue to be made and released to try and force DBD out of it's comfort zone. DBD needs to evolve to stay ahead of the game, because if it continues its current trajectory of overloading constant new content without fixing things that make it an outright bore to play much of the time, it's only going to hurt itself in the long run.

Post edited by biggybiggybiggens on
  • Nun_So_Vile
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yeah def a server thing more than player count. More than likely new release issues will be ironed out in an upcoming patch. Have you come across the matchmaking not filling in missing players yet?

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 646
    edited August 2023
    Options

People comparing things in any medium is human nature. People getting over the fact that people compare things is also human nature. Both groups are on a proper path of human nature. No harm no foul.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options
    • DBD

Literally my favorite game of all time

• TCM

It may give DBD some competition

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't really any likes or dislikes on either game especially TCM since I don't have it. I thought about getting it but $40 is a lot and I'm not 100% I enjoy it. Family looks fun but I hear it's not solo friendly and I'm not a fan of talking to strangers(social anxiety sucks). My friends are not into games like DBD and this is main reason I play killer in DBD. Victim doesn't look super interesting to me either even though it is solo friendly. Either games have their ups and downs. I may grab TCM on a sale if it still alive by then

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

with the Texas chainsaw game the ironic how the table turns with 3 killers is that solo queue killer is complete trash

• lifestylee
    lifestylee Member Posts: 241
    Options

I only play solo queue killer and i do fine on there, no mic either

• Necrobot
    Necrobot Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't own the TCM game and don't intend to buy it, but i like some things in it :

• The fact that you can team as killers. It looks really fun ! DBD needs that.
    • Many ways to escape as survivors.
    • It looks like Friday the 13th.

I don't like :

• The fact that it's just one licence. Future content ?
    • The proximity voice chat system (it was a chore to remove voice chat in F13H... each time u play).
    • Progression system.
    • Animations looks goofy and unpolished.

Maybe I'll try it if it's on ps plus one day. But I really hope that game does better than friday, predator and evil dead. Asymetric horror games need to have great titles.

For DBD, i like :

• The licences.
    • The music (especially in the lobby. They did a great job).

I dont' like :

• Really slow at fixing things for a game this big (bugs, core issue). Not enough health patches.
    • Matchmaking that doesn't work (it's often stomped or be stomped as a solo queue or killer)
    • Stale after 7 years (we need another game mode)
    • Too much bugs, some are in a game for a long time like the wesker bug who affect controler player
    • Unpolished content at release (twins, first resident evil chapter, skull merchant...)
    • No love for controller player (some killers are unplayable)
    • No love for console player (need more options in the settings, better framerate on old devices)
    • Some perk that doesn't performs the same way on systems (Boil over doesn't effect console and pc player the same way...)
    • No testing before release (things like skull merchant 3gen was obvious even on paper... or chapters full of bugs like twins, nemesis...)
    • No love for solo queue (sometimes I think the devs considered it as food to feed killer's kill rates for their stats)
    • No love for M1 killer.
    • Some killers have way too similar power (dredge / sadako - Demorgogon / Alien...)
    • The survivors are just skins and you can take the same survivors as other players in a lobby which is dumb.
    • Too much survivors
    • Too much perks that do nothing on both side.
    • The toxicity for the playerbase
    • Unfair strategies (camping, tunneling, slugging, 1 hour 3 gen, on the survivor side, exploiting things... like circle of healing or boil over in rpd etc)
    • The map offerings
    • The game became too competitive for my taste (thanks to the streamer and their try hard challenges)
    • Very good roster, but you only see the same killers over and over.
    • Too much resident evil (I had seven wesker in the row recently, i stop playing for several days)
    • Sometimes it's cheater paradise.

It's a love / hate relationship with DBD.

Post edited by Necrobot on
  • Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    edited August 2023
    Options

You can still manage on solo killer but depend on your teammates. If you wanna play just text me on here. I'm always up to play this and dead.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,146
    Options

I honestly like both games but I feel like chainsaw massacre was done better and has more potential in the future the sky is the limit right now with over 1 million players already across all platforms, that being said I laugh at people calling it a DBD killer I mean it's already been out for 8 years pretty much so it's ran its course regardless if the servers shut down tomorrow they held an entire genre of gaming for nearly a decade and I'll always have love for this game no matter what happens or I wouldn't have invested 13,000 hours in it.

• lifestylee
    lifestylee Member Posts: 241
    Options
  • totallynotamegmain
    Options
  • totallynotamegmain
    edited August 2023
    Options

Predator hunting grounds right? That game is still very alive

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,146
    Options

If you're on PC or Xbox it's on gamepass which comes with hundreds of other games for only like 10 bucks a month it's pretty solid considering TCM dropped on there pretty much for free on day one that's how the player base has grown so fast

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

My brother in christ I've seen so many people just either rush or their teammates rush grandpa awake and dies a minute later because of it. It is a skill issue.