Hidden updates for the elite?

Options

Kinda sucks how only a select few are getting these hidden updates. I would like to hide my prestige until end results. I would like to see my perks on the side of screen to remind me what set build i have on currently on my character. It cant take that long for everyone to get these small features.

Comments

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Instead of spinning some elitist narrative just be happy Behavior attempting to approve match making. Personally i think the prestiges should be visible as a way to gauge the team experience level.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 855
    Options

They will never improve matchmaking systematically. Hiding prestiges will lower risk of lobby dodging. Because when u leave, it will hurry to get anyone even at a wider range of your mmr most likely to prevent longer queue times which the devs said themselves.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,906
    Options

Didn't know it was not for all currently!

I like the change. Prestige really doesn't accurately show the skill of the player. P100s I've faced have often been worse than people at a far lower Prestige. It's not accurately indicative of somebody's skill. It's fun to see in the endgame screen, but that's where it should stay.

All that happens with emblems being visible on the lobby screen is allow people to act snobbish, form false impressions and come up with excuses.

• Jangles
    Jangles Member Posts: 377
    Options

Thats cause good players play anon mode with low prestige default characters. They want you to chase them.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,147
    Options

I would like it as option to show prestige or turn it off. But I can see it probably reducing some lobby dodging.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,544
    Options
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,247
    edited September 2023
    Options

One of my friends ended up getting the perks to the side while I didn't and neither of us don't understand why. They thought it was a default thing now and I thought there was a beta in the options you had to opt into. I don't get why the beta thing in the options was added if we cannot "opt" into this.

I just feel that if we need prestiges visible to help determine a players experience we're just going full circle with showing ranks. The thing is ranks were far less intimidating because it's less emblems covering a broader spectrum. Prestiges gives you too much info on someone's potential time and until lobby shopping is addressed they should be hidden.

Alternatively - I feel only survivors should be able to see other survivors prestiges if we leave it as is since survivors cannot see the killers prestige. Even so - BHVR purposely removed showing ranks in lobby during the short window it was there because of dodging. I don't get why they don't do the same with prestiges or at least make it optional.

We should have less player stats visible in lobby and focus more on better communications between players who cannot communicate. Mostly with loadouts or preferred objectives or something a player has. I just feel out of all the things BHVR could make shown by default rank / prestige seems like the worst options for us.

Cool that BHVR is experimenting with finally hiding prestige though I admittedly just don't understand why it's not already hidden when this was already an issue prior with rank dodging.

• solarjin1
    Options

agree to disagree my friend. I know the majority of people on the forms like to say prestige doesn't matter but that not my experience at all. On average higher prestige players usually do better in my matches and i don't believe that coincidence.

"We should have less player stats visible in lobby and focus more on better communications between players who cannot communicate. Mostly with loadouts or preferred objectives or something a player has. I just feel out of all the things BHVR could make shown by default rank / prestige seems like the worst options for us."

I'm all for more communication buffs in solo q and players should definitely be able to see loadouts.

"Cool that BHVR is experimenting with finally hiding prestige though I admittedly just don't understand why it's not already hidden when this was already an issue prior with rank dodging."

It was but not where near the level of complaints as of now. Behavior was way slower at addressing things in the past.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,544
    Options

and I say that is confirmation bias. and that you would reach different conclusions about a player skill level if you didn't know what their prestige level is.

• solarjin1
    Options

i thought this could be the case myself so i went weeks not looking at prestiges in the lobby and would only view them post game. On average the the highest prestige players did the best.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,402
    Options

It's a very tentative correlation at best. Yes, to prestige a lot, you need to play the game a lot. People who play the game a lot can gain experience as they play and become better players over time. But you'd still have to make a lot of assumptions to assume that prestige is a reflection of skill:

1. That there's no limit to someone's skill level.
    2. That someone tries to become a better players rather than messing around and playing for fun.
    3. That the Bloodpoints they used were earned playing that character/role.
    4. That their skill completely disappears when they switch to a character that hasn't been prestiged.
    5. etc.

Plenty of folks play the game every day and earn loads of Bloodpoints, but very few of them could actually keep up with the very best players. The amount of time you play alone is not a remotely accurate reflection of your abilities.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,375
    Options

Seeing as I’m one of the “elite” here, I’m just gonna add that I am very positive about this. People can still show off their prestige in the post-game scoreboard, whilst high prestiges are going to be lobby dodged way less.