The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I know Chapter 32 and 33

End_of_Slayer
End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146
edited September 2023 in General Discussions

Okay, this is a big gamble, but what am I if not a gambling man? I believe I know Chapter 32 and 33, along with our January Survivor paragraph.

So, context. A few months ago, I made a post on the forums talking about what will possibly be happening in the future of dbd. There’s I speculated Chapter 32, our next anniversary chapter will be The Mad Designer coming into the game right before the third year of the Twisted Masquerade. I also speculated that Saku, the Redcrane will be coming as Jezebel’s respective survivor.

This has changed.

The Mad Designer is still Chapter 32’s killer, there’s no doubt in my mind that Jezebel isn’t Chapter 32’s killer. We even saw her holding up Zarina’s mask in the loading screen of the Twisted Masquerade

This is not someone we’ve seen AND they have a completely unique design, this is 100% foreshadowing Jezebel.

Now, this is completely new speculation, and I will explain my reasoning for why I feel this way for everything.

First, I’ll say something that most might not have thought about, the Halloween event next month is Haunted by Daylight, again. Now, there’s a reason I say this of course. Haunted by Daylight (HbD) came with unique lore that not many people have probably read.

Now, these stories detailed human books with arcane tattoos (sound familiar? This teased Vittorio). But it also detailed a very important story that explained what was going on in the HbD event. There are three Watchers who can appear in the minds of the prisoners in the entity’s realm and made the survivors and killers believe that if they collected Void Energy and deposited it into Unstable Rifts, the portal in the sky would be an escape for them.

This was a lie and there was a cloaked survivor who kinda(?) looked like the observer from the cutscene, who knew better and tried to remove the devices from the hooks and gens but was stopped by one of the Watchers and was dragged off by the fog.

(Similar hairstyle to the Observer?)

Why is this important? Well, why would BHVR add so much lore to the HbD event and just not use that event again? It’s like the blighted event in a way, add a lot of lore to an event and it’ll make a return the following year. Why is this important as well? Simple, blighted events went on for three years and on the third year, the Blight was introduced as a new killer. This is one of the primary reasons I believe The Mad Designer is coming into the game in June. It’ll mark the third year of the Twisted Masquerade (TM) so they’re capping it off big just like the blighted events.

So, Jezebel is the killer for Chapter 32, and HbD is coming back for the Halloween event in October. What does this mean? Simple, The Observer is coming into the game with The Mad Designer. The observer is linked to Jezebel, the final cutscene we see of him is him stumbling into a room of fog creatures celebrating the birthday to this “Sweet Darkness” a phrase only Jezebel uses to describe the Entity. He’s intrinsically linked to Jezebel, so it makes sense to add him in with her.

But where does Saku come in? Simple, Saku is coming out as our January paragraph survivor. There needs to be a selling point for the paragraph survivor, something big. And Saku (or the observer, they can realistically flip in my mind) fits that bill perfectly. A badass swordswoman who’s job is to destroy the Black Serpent Society (the Black Vale) and is now traveling the fog to hunt down the remaining Black Serpent members. I think Saku will have her story concluded sometime soon in the archives cause the devs have been giving her a bunch of lore since around time 12. So she’s heavily in the dev’s minds meaning she’s a focal point and a good candidate for the anniversary survivor, issue is she doesn’t match the same impact as the observer would if he were to be the survivor.

So, Saku is the January paragraph survivor, The Observer and Jezebel are the survivor and killer respectfully for chapter 32. Chapter 33, is October’s Halloween event is HbD, that means the Watchers are the killer for Chapter 33, don’t know about the survivor.

Who knows, maybe Chapter 32 is Saku and Jezebel and Chapter 33 is The Observer and Watchers. Maybe Chapter 32 is Observer and Jezebel and Chapter 33 is Saku and Watchers. I’m not sure, but one thing’s for certain. Saku, Observer, Jezebel and Watchers are most likely all coming into the game over the next year.

What do you all think? Am I going crazy? Did this game destroy all my sanity or did I manage to possibly figure out two chapters in a row.

One thing’s for certain, if the Halloween event is HbD, this next year is going to be very interesting

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,837

I doubt it's Saku for the simple reason that her story isn't over yet, i think the upcoming single Survivor chapter is gonna be someone else entirely that brings a new mechanic into the game just like Mikaela did.

As for Jezabel, who knows.