If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Monsterous Shrine Buff Idea

Options
GT_Legend2
GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
Monsterius shrine is not a very good perk. I’m order for it to have any use, you must first take a survivor _to_ the basement and then hope that the survivors are not able to get to the basement for a long period of time to see that the faster sacrifice progression saw some use. 

My idea is this: Monsterous shrine replaces all basement hooks with 1 hook. Once a survivor is placed on this one hook, they have a slightly quicker sacrifice progression. However, if unhooked, the survivor that was hooked has a very long of not infinite time of being unable to be fully healed. This will encourage use as it sees benefits outside of the basement itself and cane even lead to a better trial for the killer _if _ they manage to hook a survivor in the basement. 

I’d love to hear from your suggestions from both survivors and killers, and wish you all a wonderful day

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

I'd prefer it not to be basement only, simply, since being a basement perk usually forces you to bring at least Agitation + Iron Grasp with it to get people in the basement.

I'd prefer Monstruous shrine to simply allow hooks that are outside the basement to either injure rescuers if the killer is far enough from the hook, or not to allow healing/reducing healing speed for X amount of time for the unhooked, eventually.

• GT_Legend2
    Options
    @Runiver I think that monstours shrine should strictly deal with basement hooks though, just because I fell that it was designed like that from the start. Interesting idea, though
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@GT_Legend2 said:
    @Runiver I think that monstours shrine should strictly deal with basement hooks though, just because I fell that it was designed like that from the start. Interesting idea, though

It was designed back then when the sacrifice time were 45s, the gen time were faster, and Iron Grasp was WAY more efficient and didn't need Agitation paired with it to reach the basement.
    Now, the time gain isn't enough to be significant, and you need agitation to consistently get basement, as stated above.

Tho if you truly feel like a triple perk setup solely to use a slightly faster sacrifice with a slight tweak is good, well, I guess everyone is free to have an opinion, but I'll have to disagree with it.

• GT_Legend2
    Options
    @Runiver I am a more recent player to DBD having picked it up near January this year, I didn’t know about the previous stats about hooks and gen time etc., but you’re right, I just had that idea come to me out of nowhere earlier today. Glad we were able to voice our thoughts.
    Take care, man👍
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,384
    edited June 2018
    Options

Broken status for a short-ish period of time would make it pretty decent, if you make a build around it. Even just 30-60 seconds would give it a unique use. That way survivors who are unhooked can't heal in the basement and take a hit on the way back up, making basement saves riskier. That could be pretty powerful with hag, hillbilly, or nurse since they either have the power to defend the basement or get back to the basement quickly.

Maybe apply the exposed status to the unhooked survivor and the rescuing survivor instead of broken. That way both are at risk. That would also add a little bit of a surprise since trying to take a hit for the person you just rescued could end up with you going down.

Possibly exhausted at T3 as well? That way you can't just get unhooked and sprint burst out of there as easily. More opportunity to come back and catch them before they can get away.

I don't think the perk needs to be too powerful, though. Basements as is are pretty risky for survivors. A perk to add a little more risk could turn it into a niche playstyle, but too much and it'll just feel awful to play against, where getting downed anywhere near the basement is a death sentence.

• GT_Legend2
    Options
    @Peanits yeah, just a little change like this can lead to many possibilities with the variety of killers