We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

An honest survey about the survival rate of players without a party

Options
surv43
surv43 Member Posts: 331

Poll on the topic: What is the survival rate in the game when you play solo (without a group) and run into the gate?

Since the developers prefer to hide statistics for 5-7 years, ignoring requests from players, I will assume that the most accurate possible option is only possible through a poll on this forum.

Please don’t spoil the statistics with your opinion, I think that if you really don’t play alone as survivors, we have no other ways to collect statistics.

An honest survey about the survival rate of players without a party 50 votes

I escape less than 5% or less than one game in twenty matches
2%
surv43 1 vote
I escape less than 10% or less than one game in ten matches
18%
alaenyiaAnnso_xKA149108Fuzzycubedwight444D0NN1ED4RK0motiRobotXenRedspikeomg_is_that_jesus 9 votes
I escape less than 20% or less than one game in five matches
20%
HerInfernalMajestyIkalxFaryaHugTheHagCatnipLoveRareFantom47QuinfuzzballOlnofelkSkillfulstonemyersgoestochurch 10 votes
I escape less than 35% or less than one game in three matches
14%
QwQwrvzrvzrvzFilthyLegionRevivalTheSingularityhexmilkneasbasementcameraobscura 7 votes
I escape less than 50% or less than one game in a couple of matches
20%
FlopiyutiopHeadertheblimpDeathstrokeChikybrewingteaBlueMoonBRUHMOMENTrosella004emmydeenTommyDorkelson 10 votes
I escape less than 75% or do not escape on average every third match
16%
Marc_go_soloBlightedDolphinxni6_Archol123GrunbarDubsaronippmdAstel 8 votes
I run away about every second match
8%
GensByDaylightpigslittlepetWilliamSNMcSpiceMeister 4 votes
I run every match with rare exceptions
2%
09SHARKBOSS 1 vote

Comments

• surv43
    Options

I've been away for a while, let's start voting

• myersgoestochurch
    myersgoestochurch Member Posts: 169
    Options

Wow, those numbers are very low. I hope bhvr buffs survivors to compensate for it because it's not looking good.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I'm putting this but I feel I should put a disclaimer that I'm a "no one left behind" type of player who would gladly die trying to save my teammates or hook trade to be the one left behind.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 527
    edited November 2023
    Options

I haven't the slightest clue.

I don't really care about the results of the trial - my memories are hazy. It's probably low, as I rather go back trying to do an impossible save and die instead of just leaving.

But I think my SWF survival rate is even lower, as I play with sillies. :P

• Annso_x
    Options

5% = 1/20 ; 10% = 1/10 ; 50% = 1/2 ; 75% = 3/4

A couple means 2, it's not supposed to differ depending on people ?

35% should have been 33% (or 33,33.. if we want to be picky) but other than that OP's math is correct

• surv43
    Options

This is my first survey, perhaps I made a mistake by expressing my thoughts in such a way that it misled someone.

Even such a survey will be useful in some way, although I do not deny that those who will deliberately try to spoil the thinking from a point of view not related to the group of respondents will interfere.

For greater accuracy, I would recommend repeating similar question topics to someone else after some time and creating your own.

For example, a couple of weeks after the introduction of a major update, it would be nice to receive feedback through such surveys for players on the forum, since the developers do not consider it necessary to publish such information, although creating such reports will not take them much time.

• Annso_x
    Options

Yeah that's for sure, but I think you expressed your thoughts properly. I believe they just misread 5% in 20 instead of 5% or 1 in 20. In any case you're right, the survey doesn't hold much weight by itself but it's still interesting to see the results

• motiRobot
    motiRobot Member Posts: 15
    Options

The survival rate by the solo play is low. As other survivors do nothing or keep hiding, I do not turn on electricity.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,197
    Options

We have data on that though... It is not 5-7 years old but a bit more than 4 years.. The escape rate used to be 42-46% percent.. Solo q being 42 and full 4 man swf was 46 I think? So since this thing is not representative at all I don't think the result we get here has any value...

• surv43
    Options

I would say that everyone is waiting for what will happen at the beginning of the match, trying not to attract attention, my scenario is if there is no team nearby, I go to the center, realizing which side the maniac is coming from. The main goal at the start of the match is to close the central generators, then reduce the clusters of generators on the edge of the map, those closer to the center.

It seems so simple, but since there is a fugitive emblem (run after the maniac for a few minutes) for the survivors, the survivors most often run to look for the maniac at the start of the match and do not repair the generators. Oh, and then after three minutes someone dies and the game becomes three against one, a couple of minutes another one dies and the game usually ends. I’m also involved in this because the team is spinning around and usually doesn’t save after the first one dies. This emblem annoys me, I want to remove the need to run after a maniac to get it.

I initially don’t like the match if the maniac finds me first, I don’t know why, but they always come to me first.

In order not to be the first to start the chase, I prefer to hit the generator and go to another place using roundabout routes, in order to spend time maniacally searching around the generator I hit or just take a distortion.

All weak players play with auras because they don’t know how to play and the distortion shows this quite well.

In other words, if I’m against starting to run from the very start, then I take distortion; in this regard, this is an irreplaceable skill, I recommend it for everyone.

• surv43
    edited November 2023
    Options

give me a source, I have never come across such sources.

If you give the example of streamers’ games, divide the survival rate several times because there may be a lot of options why it survives like that, including cooperation with the company and tweaking the selection of players, as well as fans who prefer to concede victory to the player.

The only way is to collect information from several sources or directly trust the developers if they provide such information.

Since each player and account is different, some will have a better team than others and the player may play differently from other players in comparison.

That is, we can only rely on surveys, collecting statistics from, for example, several streamers or information from developers.

• Archol123
    Options

Here is your source, official data from the devs, like I said 4 years old. I think this should be somewhat reliable, this poll however is not really ^^

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 695
    Options

Killer has to be rlly bad at the game if you wanna win in soloQ tbh

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options

This is from back when they still did "rank resets" so it is worthless.

Also, not sure what "run away" means?

• Archol123
    Options

I would not say it is worthless, since MMR really does not work any better than the old ranks, also even then if everything was unbalanced you would still see a higher escape rate with more people in one group right? So why exactly did we not see it back then?

• Archol123
    Options

Also the date is more accurate the closer you are to rank reset, because otherwise you would have only people in high ranks that play a lot in a short time. You would be right if matchmaking was working properly and putting together people of equal skill, but it does not.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    I run every match with rare exceptions

then again i run stealth builds

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 137
    edited November 2023
    Options

wth does it mean to escape less than 1 game

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 833
    Options

I escape about 1/5 maybe a little less. I also can sometimes go on escape streaks but they are usually followed by kill streaks.

However, of the times I do not escape there most definitely are things that me and my team did not do correctly. We did not spread hook states where one Survivor has no hooks by the time the first Survivor dies. There are times that we are not fixing the generators fast enough. There are also times where Survivors in the match get found too quickly instead of knowing when to hide a bit from the Killer. Then there’s obviously chase skill.

DBD feels like a game where the Killers have a higher kill rate at lower ranks and a lower kill rate at higher ranks. And it makes sense that’s how it is.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,033
    Options

I think I escape about 35-40% my games in soloQ so about every third game. But it is inconsistent sometimes I escape 4 times a row and sometimes die 10 games a row. Usually I can bit carry my teams. But what I think is more important than just escape rate that is you have chance. So many games are just killer stomping us in soloQ 3-5 gens remaining.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options

This is based on the past 53 trials I've had since starting to note the results as survivor. 60% is my current escape rate, with 32 escapes (4 by hatch).

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 615
    Options

The first 2-3 years I played I escaped probably 50-60% of the time. These days it is maybe 10% but probably closer to 7%. But killers used to have one special ability each to take down survivors. Now they are each coming out with 3 or 4 special abilities and every one of them has an aura/location perk/add-on. It has really sucked the fun and the skill out of the game.