This game just got dumb

i really feel that survivors got nerfed and killers just got buffed really really buffed. I don't believe the devs don't know this... and now flashlights are unusable. first it was "oh survivors are healing too much so lets nerf the heal" then second it was "of the vaults are OP for survivors let's make all vaults equal" and now "oh flashlights are too much lets turn them off for now and think of a way to nerf them to make them unusable"... this game is just taking a lot away from survivors that its not fun anymore.

killers are just getting faster and faster while survivors are getting slower and slower. Maps are really small and too much collision for survivors to even loop. a lot of the "random" placements really feel like a plus for killers and really bad for survivors.

even the costumes are dumb. they make costumes for killers that blend in with almost any map and survivors are bright and colorful like a freaking beacon.

i have been a long time fan but its getting to a point where i just want to quit and play something else. i really really regret investing time and money in this game..

oh and to those of you that read this and say to just run killer understand that its really just not my cup of tea... i didnt start playing DBD to run killer and those that do more power to you (just stop cheating - killers are OP and a lot of you still run wall hacks freaking losers) and dont get me started on killers running Ceno and then just face camps what a dumb way to play Ceno....

i know this is a lengthy rant but i really wish they balance out this game again it was a lot more fun when survivors at least had a 50% chance of escaping.

Comments

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,373

there's a near 100% chance that OP didn't even know about the flashlight-locker exploit given that they thought they were getting killswitched due to being to strong, which is what they said in their post.

like i absolutely think the OP's complaints are unfounded but please like pay proper attention to the thing you're responding to

• WilliamSN
    WilliamSN Member Posts: 524

1 - Survivors are getting nerfed because for the longest of times they were in a completely broken state.

From infinites to being able to full heal while the killer is still in the wipe animation,to flashlights instablinding (Funny story involving the game director on this one) to DH for distance, to COH teamwide fast Selfcare, Now the injured meta where because of some questionable BHVR balancing decisions people are faster while injured.

2 - The vault "fix" actually made the vaults extremely broken in the survivors favour by instantly teleporting the hitbox 2-3 meters forward as soon as you made contact with the vault, and by all intents and purposes if your physical arm and shoulder is still touching the vault / Within reach you should be hittable + the descrepancy in male v female vault distance.

3 - Flashlights got disabled because of the noclip exploit not because they are "OP".

4 - A concerningly high portion of maps are extremely safe for survivors , BHVR has been releasing more balanced maps like Dvarka and Nostromo, aswell as fixing previous problem maps but thats just a small % of the pool , heres a video example : https://youtu.be/BjtFS6cpttk?si=xwhlQ0EKz1wNFtUx&t=235

5 - A balanced game is a close game not just escapes and Kills, The game is designed around a 62% killrate, so about 7-8 hooks. so essentially, 2 dead + 1 hook , or 1 dead + 2 deathhooks , or 4 deathhooks, etc. (Stats have shown that the killrates across the board have dropped to low 50s high 40s, so the notion that the killer role is "OP" is fundamentally wrong)

• They wanted to bridge the gap between SWF and Solo but all these nerfs over the last year greatly impacted SoloQ more. They've made the gap even further. What you're feeling is how bad SoloQ is.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

You overestimate this community.

theres survivors who defend the exploit and say stutf that it should be intended and seeing what OP said, i have no doubt he also thinks that way.

• ratcoffee
    edited September 2023

man it must be tiring to always assume everyone is a horrible lying jerk who also was defending exploits instead of just misinformed. occam's razor, people

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,549

OP... so you didn't know that there was an exploit with Flashlights... it wasn't that Survivors are healing too much it was the speed in which they could do it... Vaults have been buffed so maybe learn how to use it

OP... so you didn't know that there are still plenty of maps that are one sided... and that the collisions are more a minus for Killers not Survivors

OP... have you seen some of the cosmetics that we did get (blendette, Neon Legion)

OP... have you tried to learn how the game is played or are you complaining about all of the new things cause you wanted the game to remain the same

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

And always assuming everyone is in good sports and innocent is better you think?

What do you think could mess with your life more?

• ratcoffee

The one where I'm not yelling at random people online for things they never said about glitches they never knew about

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,671

To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced OP isn't a troll either. But I find it best not to assume too much from the get-go. OP's post seems more uneducated than anything else, so sticking with the facts is enough to debunk their argument.

• MoNosEmpire
    MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649

I stepped away from the game a few months ago when it really was impossible to play survivor lol, and let me tell you this. Coming back to the game a few days ago, idk man I feel like it feels FRESH. I don't feel like I'm constantly being tunnelled every game, I do somewhat feel like the killer does target me, but aside from that it feels good. Female survivors atm are bugged, flashlights are bugged and temp disabled, some map loops ain't the best and some killers are still OP but that's just the way the game goes.

Maybe just try and find some new people to play with who aren't constantly negative (if you play SWF) and try not to get so irritated with things, if it happens it happens, it's not really in your control.