We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The Alien Xenomorph Chapter. Did it meet your expectations?

Options
TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562

The Alien Xenomorph Chapter. Did it meet your expectations? 36 votes

It was great, very impressed
27%
brokedownpalaceA_Can_Of_AirMarc_go_soloEvilSerjeTyGuySteakdabait09SHARKBOSSCorvusCorax86QuinfuzzballSkillfulstone 10 votes
It was good, I'm satisfied
38%
JawsIsTheNextKillerkinMookstenoresaxScary_Punk_GhostGuiltiiAurelleMarc_123SmoeDepressedlegionleon_helpTheSingularityThePlaugesStepBroTommyDorkelson 14 votes
It wasn't what I thought it was going to be
16%
GibberishChasingLunarvzrvzrvzGreen_Sliche午夜屠猪男9000OniMain 6 votes
Complete trainwreck
16%
awustzdnGensByDaylightbebetterMcSpiceMeisterKhylwchCobra11325 6 votes

Comments

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,243
    edited September 2023
    Options

Despite my issues with gameplay against the xenomorph, i really do think they did a utterly amazing job with bringing xeno to dbd

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I really like Alien (after their nerfs) and I like all the references to Alien on the Nostromo map. Alien's perks are awesome (though I think Ultimate Weapon is a bit overtuned). However, Nostromo is also very bad gameplay wise and Ellen's perks absolutely suck. But it's a pretty solid chapter overall.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

I used Ellen's perk Chemical Trap for the meme and it was pretty funny.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

i was just sad when i heard it so exceeded in every way its pretty good

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,155
    Options

It’s a good chapter, though as mentioned above Ellen‘s perks are lackluster I am satisfied with everything else and it’s understandable that Ellen didn’t get Weavers likeness though it is a little bit disappointing.

also it doesn’t help that we are at a point were this same chapter concept of killer+perks, surv+perks and map kinda gets old. Something more refreshing to the old formula is needed which has been needed for a while and isn’t Alien‘s fault at all.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Everything turned out to be great: visuals, map, power.

The only fly in the ointment is carry animation. Looks like assigned animator gone drunk or went on holidays and they put it in production with this "placeholder".

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

I'm actually amazed by the fact that they added Alien. I thought it would not be possible (didn't think of a tunnel system and that it can be menacing even if it doesn't run that fast).

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,804
    Options

The killer model was brilliant, as too are the skins. The perks are useful, the power decent and the interraction value is a lot of fun for me.

The survivor also brought in some meaningful perks, including one which feels is aimed at solo survivors (Lucky Star) and again some good skins. I like the trap perk she has to and the unique hinderance effect it has.

The maps varied and the flame turrets are fun. Also, the easter eggs on the map add to the enjoyment.

This was a great chapter.

• 9000OniMain
    9000OniMain Member Posts: 13
    Options
    It wasn't what I thought it was going to be

A little OP with his tail but that will be fixed over time.