The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Any tips for using The Artist to finish both Fly Away and Deadly Brushstrokes challenges?

As title suggests, I don't use Artist a lot, because I find her crow mechanics to be a bit boring. That said, I would love to hear some tips on how to play her well, if anyone in our lovely community skilled and veteran could share some insight into how to effectively use her.

For the record, the first challenge requires me to, while in chase, injure 3 survivors with Dire Crows. The second one, asks me to down 4 survivors that were first injured by Dire Crows.

What are some good tips for catching survivors mid-chase or in general, how do you injure survivors with Dire Crows? I always throw them at gens and they swarm survivors, but never actually injure them, so what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,863

I would recommend using thick tar and festering carrion together. The anti loop play style is straight forward but it’s important to know how to deal with holding W. Shoot a survivor with one crow in the distance to swarm them and then use three birds to shotgun them through walls. You will need to learn a bit about survivor pathing to do that so it’s easier said than done but it’s rewarding to learn.

For perks, lethal and BBQ are great to run together. It’s great for early game pressure and being able to become a long range threat after hooking a survivor. PR + DMS is another great combo on her. Since Artist can pressure from a distance, DMS can be deadly on her.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

To answer your final question, if a survivor is close to the beginning Flight Path of a crow and there is no line of sight blocks, they will be injured. If they're too far away, or if the crow doesn't have line of sight, they become swarmed. Hitting them with another Dire Crow before they can repel them will then injure them.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162
    edited September 2023

When a Crow takes flight, it will be a single phat dire crow, this will directly injure survivors when they connect. After a couple of meters the dire crow transforms into a swarm of crows, and this can't directly damage survivors, but will apply the swarmed condition.

Now comes the tricky part: you need to hit them again with a far shot while they are swarmed (a close range dire crow will always injure survivors). The cooldown of a single dire crow is shorter then the time it takes to shoo wl the swarm away, but two or three shot crows have a longed cooldown.

The optimal strategy is to shot single crows and then shotgun/fan them out for the follow up killshot. Snipes from the whole map away are really fun, but kinda hard as you need to predict survivor movement AND the crows travel time, while the survivors can also react to the crows in flight. But when it works out its very very satisfying.

EDIT: as for direct tips for the two tome challenges: the first one is pretty straightforward and works pretty good with direct damaging survivors at a loop, ie set crows up at vaults or exits of a looping structure and hope for the best. Of you manage to damage a survivor, keep chasing them and you will get a tick of that second challenge when you down them.

Also, a general strong combo for Artist is Distortion, to know if a gen gets worked on by two survivors and then Mathew's Hands (purple) and that crows nest (green). Tja combo helps a lot to set up long-range snipes. There is am advanced technique for this snipes: when Distortion goes off, set up one crow in that direction, then move over there while counting to 6 and set another crow. Now, when you fire them the second crow will swarm the survivors, Mathias Hands will swarm everyone at that gen and the second crow swooping in 5s later will hopefully hit a swarmed survivor who didn't run away, thus injuring them. This doesn't always work, but it's fun every now and then.

Post edited by Akumakaji on
  • Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,228
    edited May 25

Sorry for necroing an old thread, but this have returned.

Im not a killer main anymore and i have always hated artist (both as killer and survivor).

I need to do this now for the tome challenge. any tips on perks? i have Im all ears and Lethal, but im really shooting in the dark here.

Edit : turns out that was enough