This is freaking me out.

Anyone else having random people you've never met joining your home lobby before you even ready up for a match? I keep shutting the game down since i trust that about zero percent. Have these ppl friended me one sidedly and now theyre just joining me whenever they please? In 7 years ive never seen this happen, now all of a sudden i cant play all weekend cuz im getting stalked by randos before i can even try to join a lobby.

Comments

• oreoslurpee
    oreoslurpee Member Posts: 288

are you PC and on steam? i remeber back in 2020, one of my teammates talked bad about me in end game chat and i was able to go to their profile and join their lobby via steam profile. the issue you have may possibly be because your joins are toggled publically and that lets anybody join your game.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 955
    edited September 2023

Can't speak for other platforms, but on Steam if you have your profile and game details set to public then anyone can see when you're playing Dead by Daylight and press the "Join Game" button on your Steam profile.

Dead by Daylight has its own party privacy settings however (under Settings > Online). You can toggle between Private, Friends Only and Public.

If both your Steam profile and DbD Party Privacy are set to Public, then anyone can join your lobby AFAIK.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

I remember back then when communitys on playstation existed.

sometimes there would be just a random guy in my group