We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

a shape shifter killer

Options
funkysunky52
funkysunky52 Member Posts: 1

wouldn't it be cool to have a killer that could shape shift as one of the players and i can see how this can seem over powered so the thought would be that the killer might have to hit a survivor and collect a sample from them before they could shapeshift and once they shapeshift they would be able to do maybe things like getting on gens and regressing them a bit back but not by much and or another thing they could do as survivor is maybe set traps for them. To make this killer a bit more balanced would be make it so they can't directly hurt other survivors unless they are in their true form and when they go to shapeshift they have to wait maybe 5 seconds to shift from regular monstrous from to human and human to monstrous from. A way that player's could tell that they're is a shape shifter beside them is by is by checking the player bar to see if that person has been hooked or injured or they could try to see but using a killer reading aura perk.

a shape shifter killer 13 votes

a water style killer that moves through puddles around the map (would sorta look like a fisherman)
46%
HerInfernalMajestytenoresaxCorvusCorax86DepressedlegionTheSingularityTommyDorkelson 6 votes
parkour type killer
53%
Marc_go_soloViktor1853Chiky09SHARKBOSSBlueMoonBRUHMOMENTPlasChurtubise413 7 votes

Comments

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    parkour type killer

PARKOUR

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    a water style killer that moves through puddles around the map (would sorta look like a fisherman)

I thought the vote would be Yes/No. For me neither is interesting.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

OK I voted. Mainly because Xeno is out and it is very difficult to see it when on 4 legs. If a killer could "hide" in the form of puddles that would be crazy scary.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options
    parkour type killer

I'm probably dumb, but cannot see the relation between the powers and the posed question.

As for a shape-shifter, it's tough to do versus a swf although I do like the idea.

I'd probably create a power which doesn't shapeshift the killer, but actually shapeshifts the survivors so everyone looks like the killer. During this time, survivors cannot duck or emote (to make identification difficult) and although survivors can do gens or totems, they do not show any sort of sign they are doing it to others.

This would create a lot of confusion and probably make a damn fun game, especially if this power is a timed build-up, like The Dredge's Nightfall.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,197
    Options

Scott Jund had a similar idea about a Legion buff, apparently in the trailer legion could somewhat hide himself as a fellow survivor and then suddenly stab, so basically you had this hiding as survivor thing into frenzy, I liked the idea tbh.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

aint no way you said this is op lmao the killer will be useless against survivors with coms

• Musxussu575
    Musxussu575 Member Posts: 20
    Options

I think it would be interesting.

In fact, I put together a fan-made chapter (with moderate details) using the Skinwalker from Navajo folklore as the subject matter (https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/392611/skinwalker-chapter-taunt-of-the-wildlands) that pretty much got no response whatsoever.

I don't know if shapeshifting into survivors would be all that grand. People (survivor mains) probably wouldn't enjoy that too much, though it would give off a sort of on-edge Backrooms vibe. If anything, you would have thought that the Legion could masquerade as a survivor as part of their power. My writeup has the Skinwalker transform (and summon) animals, with a lullaby that is actually audible human voices, which I think would be unsettling in an otherwise voice-less game.

• Plas
    Plas Member Posts: 6
    Options
    parkour type killer

I would personally love to see a skin walker especially if it crawled