We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

General Thoughts On Nostromo Wreckage (Map)?

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,755

I wanted to wait awhile before getting a general idea of the balancing of the name map, this way more people have time to play on the map and get an understanding of it.

Poll is made anonymous so you can vote without being judged, just give your honest opinion on the map. If you want to go into more detail, feel free to leave a comment and explain your thinking.

General Thoughts On Nostromo Wreckage (Map)? 28 votes

Nostromo Is Insanely Killer-Sided; Should Be Buffed For Survivor.
14% 4 votes
Nostromo Is Slightly Killer-Sided; It Is Fine For Now.
28% 8 votes
Nostromo Is Well Balanced; The Map Should Not Be Changed.
42% 12 votes
Nostromo Is Slightly Survivor-Sided; It Is Fine For Now.
7% 2 votes
Nostromo Is Insanely Survivor-Sided; Should Be Buffed For Killer.
7% 2 votes

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 622
    Options

I think it's mostly well-balanced. The loops and tiles are all okay. My only gripe with the map is it's a little too big. It could do with being made a tad less rectangular and more square-shaped IMO.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Options

I personally just like it how it is. It can be on the bigger side for maps but the loops (which is mostly what I am interested in) are balanced really well for both sides.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It's ok but sometimes dead zones can spawn and the ship can be a bit confusing to navigate. But other than that, it's a good map and the atmosphere is awesome.

• Merudo
    Merudo Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2023
    Options
    • The upper-middle of the map (Nostromo itself and the sides) barely has anything, and can very quickly become a giant dead zone.
    • It's extremely easy to 3-gen the map, due to the aforementioned dead zones.
    • There is no strong loops, and no real god pallet beyond what the rng gives you at the jungle gyms.
    • There is no shack to speak of, the little shuttle in the corner has no windows & is generally pointless if no gen spawns near it.
    • Relatively small sized map (134 sqT), with lot of dead space in the upper half and around the shuttle.

Yes, it is a very killer sided map. I would go so far as to say it is among the top 3 killer sided maps.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    Options

It became my new fav map for the killer adepts, (used to be Midwich), so no need to elaborate lol

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Killer sided. This all I have to say lol.

• Merudo
    Merudo Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2023
    Options

The https://nightlight.gg/maps website ranks it as *the* most deadly map.

Post edited by Merudo on
  • Iron_Cutlass
    Options

To be fair, it is fairly new and hard for new players to navigate, it has the similar issues to what RPD and Midwich has in terms of navigation, it can be hard to find Generators and/or understand the tiles close by in relation to where you are (seeing how most of the map is made from gray rocks, everything blends together).

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
  • 9000OniMain
    9000OniMain Member Posts: 13
    Options

Amazing for killer especially oni but the middle can be variant between survivors and killer, it depends on their skill or who the killer is