We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

New Chapter Concept: Webs Of The Wicked

Options
LucaDuca11
LucaDuca11 Member Posts: 17

Here is my concept for a new dead by daylight chapter titled Webs Of The Wicked.

This chapter concept includes the new killer: The Arachnid, a new survivor: Jordan Stirling, as well as ideas for perks, powers, map and even lore!

So first up, lets talk killer

The Arachnid: A gigantic spider originally developed as a bio-weapon for use during the Congo civil war.

The Power: Shadow Weaver:

Allows for the killer to spin webs across the map that assist with both info and chase. The killer can select two spots in the local vicinity and then confirm these points by pressing a button, doing so will shoot out silk and create a strand of silk that connects these two chosen points. These silk strands serve several purposes: Firstly they can provide information by acting sort of like trip wires, when survivors run through these strands if the killer is within a certain range they receive a notification/aura/killer instinct to let them know that a survivor has touched that strand. Survivors are also slowed for a brief moment when breaking these threads and must perform a repel action to get the webbing off of them, this can be done while moving like with artists' birds and only serves to slow survivors briefly. Additionally the killer is able to jump onto this silk and climb along the suspended strands. If the killer is climbing on the silk they can detect if another thread has been touched regardless of range and move slightly faster along the threads. The idea is to encourage the killer to create a network of threads throughout the map, almost like you're building a web across the map that will serve you throughout the game.

Killer Perks:

Fly In A Web:" Your prey may struggle, but escape is often futile"

when a survivor is hooked for the first time, if another survivor tries to rescue this survivor while you are more than 24M away, the entity will block the hook and prevent a rescue for the next 16/18/20 seconds, the hook will also become highlighted in yellow to alert you of the perks activation.

Ambush Predator:" You've learned that if you simply lie in wait, often your prey will cause their own downfall"

After remaining stationary for a certain amount of time this perk activates. Once activated, The Auras of survivors more than 48M away will be revealed to you, and any survivors closer than 48M to you will have any breathing, running, or grunting sounds amplified. Ambush predator has a cooldown of 80/70/60s.

Hex: Reweaver:" Your webs may be destroyed, but no matter, they can always be rewoven"

when a hex totem is cleansed, you may rekindle this totem once. for every totem that is currently rekindled from this perk, apply 0.5/0.75/1% hindered to all survivors across the map for as long as the totem stays active( for example if you have three hex's and they all get cleansed you can rekindle all of these and apply 3% hindered to everyone unless they cleanse these again)

New survivor

Jordan Stirling: An Australian wildlife conservationist/entomologist with an interest in educating about dangerous or threatened species, particularly small insects and bugs ( think like Steve Irwin ). I chose Australian for two main reasons: A, it fits the spider-themed killer quite well as Australia is known for having deadly creatures including certain species of spider, and B, because as far as I'm aware we don't have any Australian survivors in the game, so it would be a new nationality to represent and bring to DBD. Although with the killer being from the Congo, I can understand if you want Jordan to also just be from the Congo too.

Survivor Perks:

Gentle Touch: "From your experience handling delicate creatures, you know that sometimes things should be handled carefully"

whenever you perform a slow action (I.E. slow vaulting, lockers etc) you do so much more slowly, but in doing so become more precise with your actions. For the next 20/25/30 seconds the size of the great skill check success zone will be doubled ( this will make dealing with small skill checks easier like from caulrophobia, unnerving presence, overcharge etc) Gentle touch has a cooldown of 60 seconds.

Envenomated: " you've survived grave injuries before, why should this be any different"

whenever you are inflicted with the deep wound status affect, you're mending and healing speed is slightly increased for the next 20/25/30 seconds. Envenomated has a cooldown of 60 seconds.

Spread The Word: "After spending years teaching those about the environment and conservation efforts, you know how to get your message across"

For as long as another survivor has line of sight on you from more than 32M away, they may see the Auras of anything relevant within 8M of you (I.E. the killer, gens, totems, chests, etc) But if you are downed or line of sight is broken, this perk deactivates.

Lore:

the Arachnid was being developed in a secret lab in the jungle as a Bio-weapon to be used in the Congo Civil war, however the conditions it was kept in was horrendous: being tased with cattle prods, experimented on, and even having her eggs stolen from her for more sick experiments being done by the human scientists. So one day, in a blind furry of rage, the spider escapes containment, mascaraing the facility staff, before fleeing off into the jungle in search of its eggs, only to be swallowed by a thick fog....

Jordan was on an expedition to the Congo to assist with conservation efforts taking place around certain at-risk species in the wild jungles of the Congo, Whereby in the dead of night, while out looking for creatures with his team, stumble upon a secret lab, coincidentally on the same night that the Arachnid breached containment, which is how these two cross paths.

For a new map you could have the abandoned lab in the jungle, complete with an indoor and outdoor jungle area, which I think could also be in an thunderstorm since rainforests get a lot of rain and I think it would be a cool atmosphere.

If you've bothered to read through this wall of text, please let me know your thoughts in the comments as I've put a lot of thought into this chapter concept and would love to know what the community thinks.

and if there are any devs who have read this, feel free to pitch any and all of this as a chapter concept as I would be honoured if any of this made it to Dead BY Daylight.😁

Comments