This recent Tru3ta1ent video

Options
The_Crusader
The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
https://youtu.be/l6S_TZpZuEQ

Really just shows how bad the community is these days.

You got a fellow survivor doing everything possible to get someone killed. (Not surprised one bit that it's a P3 Claudette with DS).

You got unhook animation spamming, the tbagging...

Then you've got the killer mori animation spamming, and finally you got the killer repeatedly slashing away at someone on the hook.

This is hands down the worst community I've ever seen. By a wide margin in fact.

I really think the developers need to see first hand how bad things can be. These aren't isolated incidents either. We all get these far more than we should.

When are they going to do something? What can they even do? One thing is for certain, it needs cleaning up.

The toxicity just keeps building and building and then you hear reports about people being ddos'd on the extreme end.

Best Answer

Answers

• The_Crusader
    Options
    Peanits said:

@The_Crusader said:
    I really think the developers need to see first hand how bad things can be. These aren't isolated incidents either. We all get these far more than we should.

When are they going to do something? What can they even do? One thing is for certain, it needs cleaning up.

The toxicity just keeps building and building and then you hear reports about people being ddos'd on the extreme end.

This is why there's a team of six of us ACMs going through all of the reports. It's not a mystery, we see it every day and we deal with them. There's a lot of people playing the game and new people starting to play all the time. We can ban them now and more will pop up later. As with any online game, it'll never go away, there will always be people trying to ruin the game for others. But over time, as the temporary bans these kinds of people receive escalate and eventually become permanent, we hope to see less of it.

That's good to know. I imagine there must be thousands of reports though. I mean I dont mean to exagerrate but you can have someone in basement, other survivor loops you around  the area, end game you're told you're getting reported for camping. I know they get disregarded but it must clog up the system.

I have nvidia shaowplay on standby now. Only game I've ever had to do it with. Just for when people get to places on the map they shouldn't be able to.
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Options
    Peanits said:

@The_Crusader said:

This is why there's a team of six of us ACMs going through all of the reports. It's not a mystery, we see it every day and we deal with them. There's a lot of people playing the game and new people starting to play all the time. We can ban them now and more will pop up later. As with any online game, it'll never go away, there will always be people trying to ruin the game for others. But over time, as the temporary bans these kinds of people receive escalate and eventually become permanent, we hope to see less of it.

They behavior needs to work on expanding the team then have so little of you and so you can handle said reports
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,402
    Options

@Fenrir said:
    Peanits said:

@The_Crusader said:

They behavior needs to work on expanding the team then have so little of you and so you can handle said reports

We've actually got the reports handled just fine right now, the problem is that a lot of what you see goes unreported. You can even see in that video that he didn't report them. We do the best that we can but unfortunately there's only so much we can do without a report.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,667
    Options

It's no excuse, but popular youtubers are going to have people watching them live stream and if they get in the game act out. It's like some moronic version of basking in their reflected glory. Like the dumbasses that try to get attention as they walk behind a newscaster. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen to regular folks, but popular streamers aren't the best indicator of what an "average" game of DBD looks like.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@The_Crusader have you ever thought. Maybe just maybe, at one point Tru3 insulted that Claudette and killer? I like Tru3 and all but he's always insulting his team saying they're all bad if he dies or they don't do gens properly. Very similarly to Ochido when he dies. He doesn't even realise about half a year ago, he'd have been the bad one in that team. And if he insulted me like that then I'd bring a mori and Nurse with 4 blinks for him if he faced my killer. Just because what he says, is not acceptable because he insults a lot of people withoutt meaning to. And some will gett revenge. It's like that time in that 'generic mr toxic guy' video of his, he was confused as to why the Huntress was so toxic to him. But they said one thing that really stood out "who's more skilled now Tru3" and that stood out because he's always saying "I swear I'm the only skilled one in this team these guys are rubbish" and guess what? The comment section went crazy at the Huntress. Nobody say the correlation between the two things. If he's getting toxicity like that, then maybe he should be more careful about what he says.

I love Tru3's videos but I won't deny that there's a massive correlation that I'm surprised everyone else has missed. I feel bad that he's getting all this abuse but I won't stick up for him because I'm certain my theory is correct since most other streamers do not get this type of abuse as often.

• The_Crusader
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Poweas I don't think so. True doesn't insult people. Sure everyone can have little gripes about how fellow survivors are slow on gens but he never says anything truly insulting.

Do you not remember last time he posted a clip like this? Where it was 3 survivors who did the same to him, and when asked why they claimed it was because he camped and tunneled ad Nurse, and then when he posted the video he did no such thing. They were just salty because they lost.

In this video true says it was the guy he "versed", so I'm assuming he meant he went against him as killer. True uses his own name on steam now so the guy would have no problem identifying him.

@Dreamnomad Yeah no doubt streamers get it worse but lets be honest we've all had it. This is why I think names should be hidden until the end because people carry grudges over the smallest things.

Hell I've had people follow me around all game trying to get me killed when they haven't had a grudge with me before. This is why i'm ready to record it at all times now because it takes the piss. I guess its like team killing in other games, but in ranbow six for example they get auto-kicked and eventually auto-banned for it. With the nature of DBD its hard to do that since the game cant tell when they're failing skillchecks just to get people killed.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Claudia...

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    @Poweas I don't think so. True doesn't insult people. Sure everyone can have little gripes about how fellow survivors are slow on gens but he never says anything truly insulting.

Do you not remember last time he posted a clip like this? Where it was 3 survivors who did the same to him, and when asked why they claimed it was because he camped and tunneled ad Nurse, and then when he posted the video he did no such thing. They were just salty because they lost.

In this video true says it was the guy he "versed", so I'm assuming he meant he went against him as killer. True uses his own name on steam now so the guy would have no problem identifying him.

@Dreamnomad Yeah no doubt streamers get it worse but lets be honest we've all had it. This is why I think names should be hidden until the end because people carry grudges over the smallest things.

Hell I've had people follow me around all game trying to get me killed when they haven't had a grudge with me before. This is why i'm ready to record it at all times now because it takes the piss. I guess its like team killing in other games, but in ranbow six for example they get auto-kicked and eventually auto-banned for it. With the nature of DBD its hard to do that since the game cant tell when they're failing skillchecks just to get people killed.

Right I understand if it's a guy he faced as killer. Then that guy is a scum and deserves to be banned. And I remember the 3 survivors that he faced as Nurse. But if it's a killer doing it that Tru3 doesn't remember, then there's a 99% chance he insulted them. Also saying someone is bad or saying a team is '######### and rubbish' is an insult it makes me feel bad for his teams.

• The_Crusader
    Options
    Poweas said:

@The_Crusader said:

Right I understand if it's a guy he faced as killer. Then that guy is a scum and deserves to be banned. And I remember the 3 survivors that he faced as Nurse. But if it's a killer doing it that Tru3 doesn't remember, then there's a 99% chance he insulted them. Also saying someone is bad or saying a team is '######### and rubbish' is an insult it makes me feel bad for his teams.

I've never heard him say ######### or rubbish about his temamates. Just that sometimes stuff like "look at how slow gens are going" or when someone faild a skillcheck "you've killed me!"

Which we all say in the heat of the moment and if someone is going to get triggered by that then they are extremelt sensitive. If he was sat there shouting "you f***ing useless c**t" then I would agree with you.

But maybe it was nothing. Who knows. Like I said I've had it before from people I've never faced. There are a lot of ######### in the game.
  • ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Oh god no truetalent is getting trolled by someone oh nooooo hes a victim now , devs please bann every douch now!....... Wait a minute i’ve seen other people complain about these type of trolls before “but but but its truetalent only he matters” 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Peanits said:

@The_Crusader said:

Console would like a word with you.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

You got a fellow survivor doing everything possible to get someone killed. (Not surprised one bit that it's a P3 Claudette with DS).

Then you've got the killer mori animation spamming, and finally you got the killer repeatedly slashing away at someone on the hook.

This is hands down the worst community I've ever seen. By a wide margin in fact.

Im going full toxic mode now too. Just had a laggswitching SWF I was unable to hook. I wont do anything bannable, but I will try to suffer them as much as possible, really done now tbh

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Dokta_Carter said:
    The_Crusader said:

I know this means probably nothing.
    But if a community exists, there will be a group of bad eggs.
    And each time a community grows, a higher chance for more bad eggs happens

Thats just an excuse, Im playing online games for 15 years now and DBD is BY FAR the most disgusting community I have ever seen. And no, its not the members of the communitys fault, its solely BHVRs fault for not moderating/designing properly

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

I fully understand the survs trolling, they are bored of game with many hours of playing so they need:

• perks working with the killer, troll perks, fight other surv perks, fight back perks....

otherwise DBD becomes boring

• The_Crusader
    Options
    Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

Im going full toxic mode now too. Just had a laggswitching SWF I was unable to hook. I wont do anything bannable, but I will try to suffer them as much as possible, really done now tbh

I had someone who switched at the last second to P3 Claudette with flashlight and burnt a coldwind offering.

By sheer luck I find them first. Down them, they disconnect immediately.

There's no doubt that if they made it out they would be tbagging me and telling me how EZ the game was.

The absolute state of the dbd community.
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited December 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

I fully understand the survs trolling, they are bored of game with many hours of playing so they need:

• perks working with the killer, troll perks, fight other surv perks, fight back perks....

otherwise DBD becomes boring

Troll perks? Why even? 
    Survivor vs Survivor, i can semi understand...
    Until more trolls troll other survivors with more ammo
    Fight back perks will just lead to more trolling because survivors will actively CHASE and mess with the killer. The game is better off with less ammo for trolls IMO
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

I had someone who switched at the last second to P3 Claudette with flashlight and burnt a coldwind offering.

By sheer luck I find them first. Down them, they disconnect immediately.

There's no doubt that if they made it out they would be tbagging me and telling me how EZ the game was.

The absolute state of the dbd community.

That's called an Ochido fan and I've had groups like that then get them the next game and just destroy them. They're in every community and League has a higher share due to it's size and so does OW and the ratio here isn't as high compared to those games.

I've been gaming for well over 30 years now and no gaming community has ever and I mean ever approached the toxicity in the COD community. Those people are like the 4Chan idiots that worship Ochido.