We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Plague. Cleanse or no cleanse?

Options
TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562

Depending on how confident survivors are in their looping skills or how confident they are being one-shot the entire match. Both ways can be beneficial if everyone is on the same page.

Cleanse or not?

Plague. Cleanse or no cleanse? 26 votes

Cleanse. Full health.
26%
surv43IlliterateGenocide09SHARKBOSSDepressedlegionTheSingularityLunarsakurasanTommyDorkelson 7 votes
Don't cleanse. Play injured until exit gates powered.
73%
MandyEQWashuxEaA_Can_Of_AirtenoresaxbjorksnasGuiltiiAurellefussysizzlingmario4BothSidesEnjoyerxltechnoCypheriusGensByDaylightAviastraskinupsstheresagameinmybugSkillfulstoneTooClueless 19 votes

Comments

• TheSingularity
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

Though with all the recent benefits it is to be injured nowadays I can see people leaning more in that direction.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

im gonna stun her outa her power

• TheSingularity
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

The aggressive survivor. I like it.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

thanks i try my best to help my team

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Basically, survivors are better off without cleanse. However, it is better to completely cleanse one person. Your range of actions will expand.

Also, if it is "Spider Plague", it is okay to cleanse it if you have no choice. Because the risks are often higher.

Also, even before exit gate powered, there are many situations in which it is better to cleanse the game in the final stages.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

yeah she pretty much becomes the shape with infinite tier 3

• TheSingularity
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

Am I assuming a Plague running PWYF perk?

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Yes, that's one of her usual methods, and in that case, it's more likely that you'll be able to distance yourself from her if you bathe in her black vomit with a healthy body than if you force yourself to stay infected.

Actually, it would be better to keep the Obsession from getting infected, and even if there were only three people working, it would be better to just hide and do nothing, but I think that's too much of an expectation.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

I won so many games as Plague and lost so many survivors games due to randoms who cleanse endlessly.

I don't know why it's even a question: have a chase against m1 killer without power, but oneshot, or against one of the strongest power in the game, which can snowball whole team super quickly.

Survivors who cleanse and get infected by gen or random 10 seconds later deserve a special cauldron in hell. I'm sorry.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,315
    Options

It depends, but usually staying injured is the correct play.

• TheSingularity
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

Would you still prefer injured if the Plague is running stacked slowdown? Thana, Dying Light, Pentimento etc?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,315
    Options

In most cases, probably. Pentimento can be removed and Dying Light is generally pretty minor until the killer gets several hooks. Very rarely do I see a game and go “yeah, the Killer won because of Dying Light,” it’s usually just a win harder perk from my experience.

Ultimately though it depends on my teammates, I mostly play solo queue so it only takes 1 teammate not being on the same page and cleansing to give her her power (and mostly counter Thana in the process). This is why I hate how Thana is now btw, it’s still strong on Plague who was the best user of it before but it’s bad on most other killers, even on Legion it’s not really worth anymore imo.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It really depends on the situation and/or map, but most of the time it's better to not cleanse.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,989
    Options
    Cleanse. Full health.

if my team is cleansing then i will

you might as well cleanse as much as you can if ur teammates are so she is forced 2 take one pool instead of having many available

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

As Adiris player, cleanse or don't, it's the same. I chase, down, and go for the next.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I woudl rahter say "no cleanse" but there is no definitive yes or no since in some situations you are forced to cleanse. Often it is also a decent thing to cleanse if you have a well that is far off generators.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,141
    Options

im not gonna be the first one to cleanse but im often forced to because teammates start cleansing first