If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is the game turning boring?

Options
Chiky
Chiky Member Posts: 598

I really like the game, it's entertaining. It's mostly the only game I play. However lately I've noticed that I have passed from spending 3-4 hours per day to at most 1-2 matches and then switching to literally anything else because the game makes me bored...

Is it a me problem, or the lack of variety in gameplay is actually making the game boring to play?

Comments

• buckk0097
    buckk0097 Member Posts: 96
    Options

took me a year long break. switching to fps games and rust to actually enjoy the game again.

cameback months ago and i am still enjoying the game.

Game is in a better state. devs are listening and changing things there are still things to tweak but the love the devs get from changing things and listening is clearly showing compared to the hockey meta...

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

When I finish all the challenges, I just make up new ones for my own entertainment.

Bubba won't hook you unless it's a chainsaw-down, Dredge only comes out of lockers during nightfall, things like that. Just playing killers differently or incorrectly gives me hours of entertainment. Ghostface doesn't stalk, just uses killer instinct to get chases. Nemi is lazy, wants the zombies to do all the work.

But ya gotta have some other games. Right now I'm on a DBD kick, so it's all I'm playing, but most the time I have a couple games I'll also dabble in. Remember, you're supposed to be entertaining yourself and enjoying your free time. I love DBD as much as anybody, but if I'm not in the mood, I'm not playing. Sometimes I'm just not feeling it.

Find you a game that scratches another itch, a gamer does not live by DBD alone. The Entity won't let you leave, but she'll let you play other games.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

It's a viscous cycle...

Game starts being fun (from perks to Killers to playstyles)

Then once one gets used to the game it gets boring (from perks to Killers to playstyles)

Then maps come into play... which either adds on to a playstyle or blocks a playstyle

And other players (mostly content creators) having videos that say that XYZ Killers are the best with ABCD perks and 1,2 addons.... And on the other side it's ABCD perks on whatever Survivor you want to play with either Toolboxes or Med-kits with 1,2 addons

So on and so forth

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I don't think the game is getting boring. It's the same as it's always been and new players still feel the excitement older players feel. It's just a typical case of "burnout" (for lack of a better word), I don't know anyone who could play this much everyday forever without taking a break or at least slowing down. The only people who do that are probably streamers & comp players who gain money (or try to) from the game.

I personnally usually play a lot for a couple weeks, then slow down to only a couple games per day before stopping touching the game until a big event comes along. The gameplay is too repetitive to not get boring after a while (as all games do tbh)

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,400
    Options

The game has been boring besides some survivor for me for some time now. It took me a long time to realize but feeling like I can't try hard in this game hurts my want to play a lot. I don't mean try hard in tunneling but I can't put 100% effort into the game, constantly walking on eggshells to be "nice" to the enemy. The game was really fun when I was still learning blight and had pretty much 0 empathy for survivors at that time. But a lot of the reasons I had 0 empathy for survivors were removed and I played both sides more. Current mmr does not help.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,168
    Options

Its fast tracking to boring and predictable.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

I wouldn't say that the game itself becomes boring. It's more that after some time you get kind of used to it. So there aren't quite as many things that will surprise you anymore. Eventually this can lead to you not enjoying the game quite as much anymore because it seems repetitive.

It's normal and it happens to most of us. Play the game as long as you enjoy it and take a little break when you stop to. Eventually, your exitement will come back and you will have fun again.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,683
    Options

Not boring for me. But depending on how the matches are going I can burnout in 2-3 hours pretty easily. After work I used to be able to play 4-5 hours every night. Not so much anymore.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Had a 2 years break. Sometimes you just bore out of a game. Nothing unusual.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

It's healthy to take breaks from the game, even small ones. There are so many games - both classic and new - to explore and, as with any game, spending too much time will make any game boring.

Quite a few took the piss out of Cote when he made the "Civilization" remark, but the truth was (and still is) that Cote was correct and those people just bumbled over the remark without thinking. Breaks are important and so too is pkaying a couple of games alongside each other.

So, is DBD objectively boring? No, it's not. Can over-exposure to the game make it boring subjectively? Absolutely.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    Options

I have played like three games in the last few weeks. I just don't find it rewarding enough to be worth my time. To me the game isn't enjoyable unless I am winning or getting a ton of bloodpoints. Solo queue is a terrible experience that provides neither of these. Just ragequitting, awful players, and horrible matchmaking. Losing AND getting low rewards does get boring after awhile. It totally kills my motivation to play game. The only way you can consistently escape in solo queue is if you play for the hatch which isn't fun either. I don't enjoy hiding while the killer bleeds my teammate out for four minutes.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 373
    edited October 2023
    Options

You need to make your variety.

For Survivor

Just try out every perk and dont use meta, because the perks are strong, but they are also the most borring ones like WoO or Adrenalin. You dont need meta to win as Survivor if you are a good player. ( Yes the teammates are rlly bad sometimes so you cant win every time) Its also more fun to make a good play with a weaker perk.

For Killers

Its the same, but depending on the played Killer you sometimes need meta Perks, but not all four find perks, that work well on the Killers (like iron maden on bubba it feels so good to insta down someone trying to doge a hit with a locker. ) But like I said for Survivors dont bring full meta on someone, thats very strong. You also wouldnt like to play against a pop, Pain Res, plaything, pentimento blight.

• Chiky
    Options
  • Chiky
    Options

I returned to LoL after quitting for 2 years because of how bored DBD makes me now... Used to play rogue company too but the game has too many hackers and bugs that it's not worth it anymore. i havent touched titanfall in a while, same with splitgate... hahah

• Chiky
    Options
  • JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Like others have said any game you spend a lot of time on will get boring after a point. It also doesn't help that DBD's progression system is kinda meh, so there's not much to strive. Unlocking new survivors doesn't really unlock a different gaming style (you can just wait for their perks to appear in shrine and are much cheaper anyway). The survivors/killers are super expensive as well as their cosmetics. You get no rewards for hitting milestones (P100), leveling up etc. and there's no tangible way to show off your skill to others via rank or something.

In summer I started playing a very similar game, Identity V, which you could call a chinese DBD clone, but it has followed a very different path and many of the stuff I wish DBD had, have already been implemented there. Having rank mode also makes me more invested in it, because I not only get ways that show how far I've progressed but also data per match that I can see how long I lasted etc. Tunneling and camping also happen every game and I still find myself logging in there daily.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 715
    Options

For me personally

its the maps that make the game boring mostly because it’s pretty much lame how it’s maps I’ve played on before

wish if the devs created new maps without a chapter like I don’t care about new perks or new killers or new survivors I just want more new maps to play on…..

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,760
    edited October 2023
    Options

Eh the core of dbd is boring when both sides play efficiently which both sides want to do now because its not fun to actually do other stuff. Like flashlight saves WOULD be fun if I didn't feel like the .4 second buffer time made it piss easy to time and i would run chase builds if I wanted my matches to last more than 4 minutes.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

It really works better for me. Survivors know they can break me out faster than I can stalk them, so they do. :)