The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Decisive Strike

2»

Comments

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:
    I just.. Uhhh have to say something...

Tell me one way to effectively counter decisive without the need of perks

Umm, dribbling or let the guy in the ground and bleed out?

Yes, because you will always have a hook right next to you and letting a survivor bleed out is fun for everyone

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

Yes, because you will always have a hook right next to you and letting a survivor bleed out is fun for everyone

There's a lot of hooks, it depends of what map are you playing so stop crying or use trapper/doctor and unnerving presence And 99.9% fails the skillcheck that is my build or I just let it use it and already :) to save me doing a rekt at the exit door

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

Ignore him, he can't be serious.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited January 2019

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi
    Have you ever waited for the survivor to be close to a hook during a chase to down them? If you down them away from the hook it's on you.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

There's a lot of hooks, it depends of what map are you playing so stop crying or use trapper/doctor and unnerving presence And 99.9% fails the skillcheck that is my build or I just let it use it and already :) to save me doing a rekt at the exit door

Unnerving prescence maybe the worst perk you can run as killer. Its has the problem of giving survivours skill checks which is really bad in red ranks. More skill checks more oppurtunities for greats skill checks which will add additional progression to gens. doc can be good with unnerving dont get me wrong but doc is a crap killer anyways since his anti loop and snowball potential is awful and limited.

Unnerving prescene helps you lose games in dbd. Its the equivalent of running overcharge on freddy. As for hooks the patch changes to hook positions have made non obssesion ds problematic on some of the bigger maps. The game can have hooks only spawn on one floor which is hugely problematic.

Unnerving prescence at base is not enough to stop ds since it is a skill check and hitting greats is practically mandatory in high ranks due to the frequency of ruin. 
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

Unnerving prescence maybe the worst perk you can run as killer. Its has the problem of giving survivours skill checks which is really bad in red ranks. More skill checks more oppurtunities for greats skill checks which will add additional progression to gens. doc can be good with unnerving dont get me wrong but doc is a crap killer anyways since his anti loop and snowball potential is awful and limited.

Unnerving prescene helps you lose games in dbd. Its the equivalent of running overcharge on freddy. As for hooks the patch changes to hook positions have made non obssesion ds problematic on some of the bigger maps. The game can have hooks only spawn on one floor which is hugely problematic.

Unnerving prescence at base is not enough to stop ds since it is a skill check and hitting greats is practically mandatory in high ranks due to the frequency of ruin. 

Only in red ranks.., hooks are better distributed in large maps and small maps. on maps like the game today I only had 2 hooks down and I had to release the survivor and leave him on the ground .. Unnerving presence you already said it in the red range and most people are in yellow / brown ranges so it's just a problem for high ranges, and I've already told you, rancor is the best counter for ds and if the rancor aura reading is very bad but for that this bitter murmur :) all the perks are good in this games some very overpowered others not used because it does not work for your style of play but they are all good for something, you do not want to sacrifice a perk slot, that's your problem.

• Zarathos
    Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

Only in red ranks.., hooks are better distributed in large maps and small maps. on maps like the game today I only had 2 hooks down and I had to release the survivor and leave him on the ground .. Unnerving presence you already said it in the red range and most people are in yellow / brown ranges so it's just a problem for high ranges, and I've already told you, rancor is the best counter for ds and if the rancor aura reading is very bad but for that this bitter murmur :) all the perks are good in this games some very overpowered others not used because it does not work for your style of play but they are all good for something, you do not want to sacrifice a perk slot, that's your problem.

Hook distances are ok now minus the multiple ds problem but thats a fault with a poorly designed perk. The game map needs a look at as hook rng can screw you on their position making hooks spawn on only one floor which is inexcusable. Your unnerving prescence argument has a fix remove progression on greats you said it yourself most players are mid rank why bother rewarding skill players for hiting greats?

See how flawed your argument is high tier play shouldnt be ignored otherwise you put a cap on your games potential. Im fine with a perk being aimed at low rank but there are not a sufficent number of counters for perks like ds. You did not bother to counteract my points on why rancour is a crap perk so i ll just repat myself.

It gives players map information on your position high ranks are made of large amounts of swf so rancour feeds info to the entire team this is a bad thing. When one member can see the killers aura. Its a terrible aura reading perk and worst of all you the killer power role are defining a perk slot to deal with a single survivour perk the supposed to be weak role. 

You said it yourself some perks are overpowered ds and noed are problem perks that need to be dealt with. I argue both need a rework their effects devastating easily to use with limited counterplay.

At the moment its best to slug ds and dribble when the team is spread out and in chaos. But if any of you want to punish a ds player in a sadistic manner i will offer you this fun cruel option. Slug ds player with Knock out ensure the player isnt in a swf and watch as the ds player spends 70% of the game crawling in the time out corner. Continue knocking them down till they crawl right up to a hook and then hook. You need to condition ds players to cut out their toxic behaviour. Alternatively slug em to death.
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Decisive Strike is not overpowered.
    It is perfectly balanced to get a free off after a long ass chase.

It's as balanced as the Nurse.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Poweas said:

Just rework DS to something like it makes pallet stuns 0.5/1/1.5 seconds longer, it is decreased by endurinng and remove noed and get rid of the instaheal with Adrenaline, that's it.

THAT’S WORSE
  • Zarathos
    Poweas said:

Just rework DS to something like it makes pallet stuns 0.5/1/1.5 seconds longer, it is decreased by endurinng and remove noed and get rid of the instaheal with Adrenaline, that's it.

THAT’S WORSE
    Is it though the ds change would have a multiple uses potentially buying more time in a chase. Hell it might save you from multiple spirit fury. It has immense potential to do serious long term damage.

The meta of adrenaline and ds has been around for far too long we need to shake up the game. With some buffs coming to survivour perks it would be a good oppurtunity to do this. Ds would be only worse if you are unable to take advantage of its power. It would require way more skill to use it to its full power. Adrenaline is definatly way to strong so either gens need to slow down or it needs a nerf the health state is way too strong. I wouldnt be against losing the speed boost instead but it has to much power and flexibility in a gen rush meta.

Gen rush might be getting stronger to with the prove thyself changes. Which is fine imo. Adreanline is a problem perk as it make gen rush way to strong. Making gen boosting perks problematic limiting design space. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

But killers that plan ahead maneuver survivors during a chase towards where they want to down them aka near a hook.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,462

@doggieman said:
    People who complain about DS are also the same killers that spam the hell out of the R key whenever a survivor shines a flashlight at their face. There is nothing wrong with DS and they shouldn't do anything to change it. There will always be people complaining about something.

Yikes bud, I don't think you know the potential of DS.
    Decisive Strike can be a game changer.. If a good survivor uses DS. They can loop a killer for way too long. A chase shouldn't last more than a minute. You waste so much time chasing people as a killer and all DS does is extend that time.
    Yes it does need to be nerfed because this gets even stronger with a SWF group.
    With what you're telling me leads me to believe you haven't seen the true potential on the killer side.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Nothing should be done about it. It's honestly not that bad of a problem. It can only be used once, you have to pass a skill check to get it, and can be countered by either slugging or juggling.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

The only killer that has a somewhat counter to DS is Clown, by throwing a bottle on the ground, immediately picking up the survivor and waiting for them to hit the skillcheck, unless they somehow have Sprint Burst ready, which negates the "Slowing down" part of the Afterpiece Tonic. And Enduring makes the effects last less. But DS is still bullshit

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

just dribble lul

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    doggieman said:

@The_Crusader said:
    How about this...

They remove it.

Perfect solution.

Alright then remove NOED too.

Not an issue
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    I think people fail to realize that ds and noed both share a similar purpose. waste the other side's time. getting hit with ds extends the chase, going around the map to cleanse 5 totems loses time on gens (if u don't you're more than likely to get at least 1 free hook from it). and id like to point out to the people that advocate to "just remove ds" killer has some bs options to choose from as well such as moris, broken addons or to just tunnel someone out the game. so what I'm trying to say is change X only if Y receives changes itself
  • Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    NOED: I fvcked up because we genrushed without cleansing max. 5 totems...bad killer! Perks should get removed. I don't want to cleanse totems every game and slow down the game. Just give me my victory!

DS: nothing you can do against. And no Enduring does NOT counter DS! It reduces the stun. The stun was never the issue! The issue with DS is, it elongates the chase, what could end up in a downwards spiral for the killer, like the first hook would have be an opportunity to snowball AND DS at the end of the game is basically an I WIN button. If the gates are open and you down a survivor with DS, he just can go away with absolutely no counterplay. That's why DS is hated!
  • CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Not only does the survivor get a free escape, the real problem is that the killer instantly loses any pressure on the game his playing.

Why do so many survivors hate Legion? Same reason all killers hate DS. There is no counter play.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    Outplay a survivor at a loop

Pick them up for the hook

They hit you, you take a stun, they get to a new loop, the other survivors manage to pop the last gen in this time.

All this based on a choice made before the game even began which the killer can do nothing about.

What's not to like? Sounds like such great game design.
  • Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    How about this...

They remove it.

Perfect solution.
    Love that idea
  • grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    How about there is a limit to how many survivors can use DS. We all can acknowledge the fact that a 4-man with DS is almost impossible to beat as a killer and can be unfair. I know one side will always have an advantage but maybe set a limit to how many survivors can use DS, like 2 or maybe set a requirement to activate DS, similarly as the perk called diversion.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@The_Crusader said:
    Outplay a survivor at a loop

Pick them up for the hook

They hit you, you take a stun, they get to a new loop, the other survivors manage to pop the last gen in this time.

All this based on a choice made before the game even began which the killer can do nothing about.

What's not to like? Sounds like such great game design.

Indeed, perfect design