Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Pinhead's camera bug was not fixed

ethanbeez
ethanbeez Member Posts: 2
edited October 2023 in Bug Reporting

Today's 7.3.0 patch notes states the following:

• Fixed an issue that cause the camera not to transition properly when using the Cenobite’s Summons of Pain.

Unfortunately, this seems to not have been fixed. When using Summons of Pain, the camera still has a nurse-like warping effect. This effect is incredibly disorienting, and has rendered him unplayable for me without getting nauseous for the last few months.

Prior to the End Transmission chapter patch cycle, placing down a gateway transitioned the camera from The Cenobite's location to the gateway linearly, like this:

Sometime during the End Transmission chapter patch cycle (likely patch 7.0.2), the gateway camera transitions nonlinearly, like this clip from today's 7.3.0 patch:

This effect occurs every single time Summons of Pain is used, and seems to be agnostic of platform, map, addons, or any other conditions. This bug was initially reported here on June 30th and placed under review shortly thereafter, but it does not seem like this was addressed by the reported bug fix today.

While The Cenobite obviously has more pressing issues with the unusable power bug introduced today, it would be great if this issue doesn't get forgotten in the process of addressing that one. Thanks!

12 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• sweetjumps
    sweetjumps Member Posts: 19

Yes please, as a Pinhead main this bug has been so discouraging for me to even play him. Its so disorientating and Ive missed so many shots because of it.

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 172

+1

The dolly zoom is incredibly annoying. Pinhead camera transition used to be really good and smooth a couple of months ago.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

I also had to drop him because of this bug. He's too insufferable to play right now