We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Does the “Anti-Face Camp” feature work?

Options
theresagameinmybug
theresagameinmybug Member Posts: 21

In my experience so far, this feature is expectedly ineffective. I have no one else to q with, and in solo Q especially, other survivors either stand close or unhook and the killer tunnels. I’ve not been able to unhook myself once, and gens don’t get done, so while it takes longer the killer has all the time in the world to tunnel

Does the “Anti-Face Camp” feature work? 15 votes

The new feature works!
80%
OnryosTapeRentalsScary_Punk_GhostChurchofPigCrowmanGuiltiiAurelleEvan_xltechnoTheSingularityWilliamSNghostiesimpTommyDorkelson 12 votes
The new feature doesn’t work
20%
Archol123BlinckxStarTheBabe 3 votes

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,556
    Options
    The new feature works!

Just assumption. I don't really know.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 527
    Options
    The new feature works!

It's not meant to substitute unhooking, nor it's meant to prevent proxy-camping or tunneling.

As it's name indicates, it's meant to prevent face-camping. If you aren't face-camped and it doesn't work, it works well!

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,798
    Options
    The new feature works!

The system is only meant to provide an unhook when the killer is standing right next to the hook and no survivors are around. If your teammates aren't doing gens when you are being facecamped then it's the fault of your teammates, not the system failing to work.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options
    The new feature works!

Please do not rely on the care system easily, and let as many players as possible acquire general knowledge.

That was originally bhvr's job, but just as they can't tell the difference between a bug and a spec, they can't tell whether a problem is caused by the system or the player.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 622
    Options
    The new feature works!

I had a Pig try to facecamp earlier and it did the job.

• theresagameinmybug
    theresagameinmybug Member Posts: 21
    Options

The fact that I am matched with these people, and these people (there are a lot of them) all seem to struggle to understand the mechanic.

behaviour takes a very long time to recognise and address very essential factors. The entire history of this game supports this. Perks, playstyles, toxic behaviour yada yada…

at what point are the devs responsible for creating such a horrific competitive experience for a significant number of people?

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    The new feature works!

If we're talking about strictly face camping, then yes it works. But it does not work against proxy camping or Tombstone Myers.